Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. RainbowGirl
    Started by RainbowGirl,

    Hi, I've applied to become a Special with the Leicestershire Constabulary, and had my medical this morning. While everything else was fine (and I passed), the nurse told me that my hearing test revealed a "ticked" pattern - I couldn't pick up noises at a frequency of 6khz/sec, though I was fine with higher and lower frequencies. Apparently this is typical of people who have been exposed to loud noises over a long period of time (e.g. listening to loud music through headphones - which I admit I sometimes do!). Anyway, my hearing test results mean that I'm classed as having a "level 2" hearing impairment (level 1 being no impairment), which can restrict the duties I can…

    • 9 replies
    • 933 views
    Tbartonâ„¢
  2. Dan Cook
    Started by Dan Cook,

    Hey folks, I'm Dan I'm 24 new to the site and have just recently sent off my application to join as a Special. Like a lot of people, my future intention is to hopefully make a career out of it by later applying as a PCSO if and when the MET starts hiring again. I've had a look through some FAQ's and couldn't find the answer to some questions that I have and was wondering if anyone here could help with that. Firstly, I have noticed that PCSO's are on the prohibited list for joining as a special, does this mean that if I do become a S.C. I will be unable to apply as a PCSO or would I have to effectively "resign" before applying? Secondly I've found no mention of any "min…

    • 9 replies
    • 989 views
  3. Aviation
    Started by Aviation,

    Hi all. I'm currently in training, soon to be attested. I recall, back when I did the vetting form, there was a section for current partner. At the time, I wasn't seeing anyone, but now I am. Will I have to inform my constabulary every time I start going out with someone new? Thanks.

    • 1 reply
    • 431 views
  4. ululator
    Started by ululator,

    I'm applying for the Met specials and I've just received my date for my Day 1, which I'm dead excited about. My Day 1 is on 16th June, but I can't go because I'm on a residential course from the 5th to the 17th June (which I have to go to or else I fail this year of my degree). Anyone know the likelihood of them being able to change the date for me? And if so, do you think it will be a close by date or will I have to wait months?

    • 1 reply
    • 859 views
  5. I Grade Snail
    Started by I Grade Snail,

    Which books would people suggest I get hold of in prep for my Day one in July? I used to have this one before I joined the Forces, for the life of me I cant find it now I've de mobbed: http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Pass-Police-Selection-System/dp/0749449462/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1305479789&sr=8-7 I've recently gone through 2 assessment centres for civvy jobs which had more or less the same questions the Met are asking for the interview and my feedback was good from them, they were run by Assessment and Development Consultants who did the revised recruitment process years ago, so that doesnt worry me, its more the role plays and psychometric stuff I'd like to br…

    • 3 replies
    • 644 views
  6. potentialrecruit
    Started by potentialrecruit,

    Hi, My problem is that i live in south wales most of the time, however term time i live in Aberystwyth. Whilst i can return to Aberystwyth during holidays to carry out any duties, i would not be able to return to South Wales sufficiently during term time to attend any shifts. My main concern is how specials in Dyfed Powys are assigned stations? Is it on geographic location or is there a choice of where a special may serve. Im sorry this may sound like a stupid question but i need to know to see which address to put on the application form - my "permanent" one in South wales or the one in Aberystwyth - especially as im more likely to be aware of any correspondence from DP…

    • 4 replies
    • 830 views
    potentialrecruit
  7. Charlotte0805
    Started by Charlotte0805,

    I have recently passed my PIRT test and have been invited to the open evening and then an interview to follow. I have already started doing some research on the police force etc but does anyone have any tips on preparing for the interview? Thanks Charlotte :D

      • Like
    • 35 replies
    • 2.7k views
  8. whisper2011
    Started by whisper2011,

    I know they take BMI into consideration with your health... If your not what your meant to be will they automatically fail you? I eat like a pig and i can't put weight on because i play so much football... What do i do?

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 827 views
  9. Craig_Cop_Wanna_Be
    Started by Craig_Cop_Wanna_Be,

    Just curious to know what the process for scotland is for recruitment, from what i have googled i have found this : Stage 1 - You need to register your interest to join the Scottish Police Service by completing the “initial application formâ€. You will need to contact your local force who will post you an application form. Stage 2 - Your application form is processed to make sure that you meet all the relevant criteria for the Police selection procedure. Successful applicants at this point will then be invited to a familiarisation evening. This is question and answer session where you will hear from serving officers about different aspects of the Police servi…

    • 1 reply
    • 581 views
  10. su655
    Started by su655,

    I currently have an application for the MET as a special constable pending. I received an invitation to the first assessment day two days ago. But on the same day I also received a letter from my local authority telling me that I have overdue council tax, and I have been advised to write to my local authority to negotiate a repayment plan. I was lead to believe when I moved into my apartment that the council tax was included, but apparently this isn't so. So I was just wondering if I negotiate a repayment plan with the council would this effect my application with the MET and their vetting procedures regarding debt? And do they need to be informed of this? Any help/advice…

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 705 views
  11. whisper2011
    Started by whisper2011,

    I am currently awaiting date on my PIRT. I have only been waiting just over a week but i have a holiday at the end of june... What happens if one of my stages clashes with this? Will it delay my application until i get back or will they look upon it negatively?

    • 2 replies
    • 347 views
  12. Slimslim
    Started by Slimslim,

    Hi all, Hope I've posted this in the correct place if not please bare with me. Basically I'm thinking about joining the CNC in time for when I finish Uni next May, so with the long application process I should be all fine. However the one thing that worries me is the vetting of family members, for example none of my immediate family have any criminal records that I personally know of other than speeding tickets and the like. However my long term Girlfriend's mother did go to Prison for what I believe to be a fraud offence for a period under one year. This was about 7-8 years ago I believe, so I wanted to know whether this could cause any fail on vetting as she isn't a bl…

    • 2 replies
    • 760 views
  13. GMP_Lee
    Started by GMP_Lee,

    Uniform fitting is on Monday, training starts on Thursday! only taken me 7 Years

    • 18 replies
    • 895 views
  14. Nim
    Started by Nim,

    For anyone interested: Surrey Police are recruiting PCSOs - closing date is today at midnight. (Sorry I just spotted it)! If successful you go into a pool and will be taken on in the next 12 months.

    • 4 replies
    • 951 views
  15. Becky_1234
    Started by Becky_1234,

    Hi all Had my assessment on the 12th March and passed it so now I need an eye test and get my GP to sign my medical form. All of my forms need to be completed and sent back by 15th April but I went to the opticians today to book an appointment and they can only fit me in on the 16th April, I've tried lots of places and they're all fully booked!!! Do you think that this will put my application on hold or worse, cancelled all together??? Becky x

    • 16 replies
    • 1.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.