Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. gmb27
    Started by gmb27,

    Hi folks, i wondered if somebody can clarify this for me. I sat an A/C last year and unfortunately the force i sat with stopped recruitment. I looked at the CNC last month (sellafield) and spoke to HR who told me theyd take my current A/C points for 12 months after id sat it. A colleague of mine who also went through the A/C at the same time is certain he was told by HR that they would take his points for 18 months after he sat it, but that would be 6 months past the expiry date surely? Can anybody clarify this or has anybody had this advice from the CNC HR also? Cheers

    • 1 reply
    • 420 views
    Grissom1546080892 +
  2. bgranby
    Started by bgranby,

    Hi all, I was arrested at the age of 15 in 2004 for possessing a small amount of cannabis and given a reprimand. I am now 21 and thought this would have been removed when I turned 18 but it shown up on an enhanced crb check I had to take when applying for a student associate position in my university. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same situation or if anyone has been in the same situation and has made an application to become a special. Will this cause a rejection by default? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as I am mid way through filling my application out and have declared it on the convictions section.

      • Like
    • 61 replies
    • 3.4k views
  3. sethdoan12
    Started by sethdoan12,

    I wanted to apply but i did not do very well in school my Mum was ill alot so i had to stay with my Nan she lived about 4 hours away so i couldnt get in alot i also missed some of my exams will this effect my chances of being accepted? i am turning 18 in 2 weeks time

    • 2 replies
    • 442 views
  4. petergriffin92
    Started by petergriffin92,

    Just wondering about the tests on assessment day, are they on paper or on the computer? also are you allowed a calculator for the numeracy test? Thanks Alot Adam

    • 11 replies
    • 662 views
  5. skyblue29
    Started by skyblue29 * ,

    I am currently in the process of filling out an application form to become a special constable and I just wanted to ask a quick question The question is about Section 9: Your Family I just wanted to ask if anyone knows who’s names do I put into the provided table. Reason for being unsure is in the address and postcode column it requests the date that I moved in so does this mean that I only fill in the details of the people that I currently live with or do I include other family members such as brothers, father etc that I no longer live with Thanks in advance for your help Ben

  6. Citizen1546081298
    Started by Citizen1546081298,

    Hi there, I wanted to know if this is relevant / needs to be declared. When I was 13, I was interested in Militaria and another pupil at the school I went to tried to sell me a bullet, now being 13 and relatively naive I thought it was one of those gift shop ones, so nevertheless gave him 50p for it, and thought nothing more about it. However when I got home I noticed there was no firing pin mark on the bottom, showed it to my parents and we took it to the local Police Station. It turns out that the kid that sold it to me, had nicked it off his friend, who in turn had nicked it off his older brother, who had taken it from a farm in France during an exchange trip. Now…

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 1.6k views
  7. FLotty
    Started by FLotty,

    Hi I have recently received my letter saying i have my first recruitment test, which involves the maths and english sections. Does anyone know of any website that will help me prepare myself for test ie practise papers. Thanks everyone Louise

    • 7 replies
    • 659 views
  8. petergriffin92
    Started by petergriffin92,

    hi guys, Just wondering what exactly is checked during the vetting process? thanks adam

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 3.7k views
    callsign-kid
  9. Mac88
    Started by Mac88,

    Hi all first post and probably not the best one to open with. Am just about to be discharged from the army for a period of awol and could get a community service order to go with it dose anyone know how badly this will affect a application to the specials ?? many Thanks conor

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 1.5k views
  10. LeahC
    Started by LeahC,

    Okay any advice will be greatly appreciated. I sent my application form off a week ago and today i have my letter asking me to take my PIRT test 4th June. I need indentification. My passport is out of date and i need to update my drivers licence. They have promised it will be sent out tuesday morning. My worry is I wont get this back for saturday. I need to confirm that i will be attending on saturday but if I dont have the right documents I know i wont be allowed to do the test. What do I do? Do I just tell them my documents may not be back in time? To be honest i didnt think it would happen this quick. In just over a week i could possibly be doing my interview. :O

    • 12 replies
    • 908 views
  11. Special5000
    Started by Special5000,

    Just a curious question regarding police vetting. After vetting is complete and if you pass and get through, and just say training complete and your working towards your IPS, and then a member of immediate family commit a crime, would it have an impact on specials? could it affect your special duties and risk loosing your position? E.g. any type of crime, theft or murder? Also if you commit a crime e.g. assult, would that lead to complete dismissal?

    • 5 replies
    • 843 views
    Jonathan8146
  12. saff

    very gutted at the moment. I've had my application to the met rejected on the grounds of: 'either failing to declare on your application form of any other investigations or involvements you have had with Police in the past, which we have traced, or a conviction that you hold/declared is deemed unsuitable against our conviction criteria.' I declared that I was accused of dangerous driving once; it was proven in court that the policeman involved gave for want of a better word, inaccurate. The Judge's EXACT words were ''it is clear that the evidence presented by the officers in this instance.. well, it begins with B and ends with X'' before he commanded the jury to plead n…

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 1.2k views
  13. SpudUk
    Started by SpudUk,

    Hello, Hoping to join Wiltshire as a Special with a view to becoming a Regular. Seems being a Special is the only way in over the coming years what with the recruitment freeze due to budget cuts. My Father was a Hampshire Policeman for about 20 odd years through the 70s and 80s. I was wondering what is looked for in a candidate in terms of outside interests. I know organisations like the Royal Navy look for people who have done team and leadership activities such as Scouting etc and I wondered whether the Police were the same? Is being a Special the best way into the Regulars these days? Can't wait!

    • 2 replies
    • 601 views
  14. bikerchick
    Started by bikerchick,

    Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and decided to join as I am part way through my application to be a Special Police Constable and to obtain general information and advice. I passed the assessment centre and have to attend a drugs test etc. Can anyone tell me what all of them entail? Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
    GoneForgotten
  15. Special5000
    Started by Special5000,

    Hello As previously said, i am eager to get into the Police, dependant on where it is. However as my current constabulary (lancs) where i reside is not recruiting until xxx date i have applied as a special constable within lancashire constabulary. However as the Civil Nuclear Constabulary started recruiting, i sent an application off there few weeks ago. I have nearly completed all my stages of special constable, just got physical booked and then finally medical then it should be date to appointment hopefully. However Does applying to the CNC affect my application in any way? As would it affect my Special Constable application seeing it as im not interested? secondly a…

    • 2 replies
    • 2.2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.