Specials
3667 topics in this forum
-
Hi guys, i work full time and it will be impossible for me to do 23 consecutive saturdays or sundays, or 4 weeks intense, what options do the specials offer flexibility wise?
-
Hi All Just a quick enquiry to see if anyone can help me with my situation. I was a reg with a home office force until last year when i had to leave for personal reasons. I had passed all the national recruitment process and initial training at training school over 30 weeks and then was out on section. I never completed my two year probation. I am now in a position to rejoin and was wondering whether anyone on here could adivse as to what steps i would need to take in order to rejoin. Having recent previous service and training qualifications - will this help me with all the police budget cuts? Cheers
-
Origional post deleted. Question has been answered. Cheers!
-
Hi I start my specials training on Friday and I'm just wondering about the appropriate dress code. It says for law weekends, which will be my first weekend you should wear clothes suitable for a business environment. Am I right in thinking then that I could wear for example; black trousers, smart black shoes and a nice blouse (or should it be a very plain blouse, eg just White?) also would this be the sort of dress code I should turn up in on the Friday, or does that dress code not start until the Saturday? If anyone has done this training Any info would be helpful, thanks.
-
i am looking for peoples views on recruitment for regular officers from specials for my Dissertation, if possible please state if you are either, a serving police officer, a police special, a pcso, work for the police, member of public, other
-
Anyone else just putting application in, any idea on how long paper sift takes? Last time I applied I was 18 years old and failed due to lack of life experience now 19 years later I will try again lol
-
Hi, I've got my fitness and firearms assessment on tuesday, does anyone know what the firearms assessment will entail?! Thanks.
-
Hi all, I have been on the site for sometime but never really joined in, although I have learnt many things from it. I have recently passed the Application stage for the Central Scotland Police and was wondering what would I be expecting at the "recruitment and selection even" as they call it. I have had an email and they say it could be at anytime within the next 4 months. Any help would be great. Thanks
-
Hi, I'm currently in college 3 days a week and it's classed as full time application, will this stop me joining the special constables? Regards, Alex
-
Hi all, new to the forum so sorry if I've done this all wrong.... Basically I am currently in the application of joining the Marines, however I've been told it could take up to a year and a half for me to get through the application and start training. A friend of mine is currently joining the Specials and I would really like to do it whilst I'm waiting for my application to be processed as the Police has always been something I've been interested in after the Marines. So when my friend mentioned this I almost jumped at the oppertunity to do it as then I already know what it is like should I eventually wish to leave the Marines. However I am aware of all the cuts to t…
-
Hi guys, been watching the forums since I first applied for the specials last November time. Thought I would just tell you all, I passed my medical and fitness today, and had my uniform fitting, which was so great actually putting on a stab proof vest! Anyway, Im guessing I just play the waiting game for my training dates? A phone call or something?
-
Hi all, i have just passed my interview with merseyside police and have been told training will start soon. However, there is no date confirmed. How long do you think it will be before training starts? what is involved in the training? what were the hardest things to do? thanks in advance matt
-
Hi guys! I have tried researching the forums to see if anyones posted anything about this topic...but zilch! I just recently passed all stages of becoming a special! I start my training begginning of July and I've been asked to write a 750 word autobiography. Just wondering if anyone else has had to do this? Ive searched on here & google, but no results. Im not quite sure if they're looking for specific details in the autobiography or if there simply looking for a normal autobiography? I'd be very grateful if anyone has any tips & so on for me, or if anyone has written one before relating to this topic and has pointers. Thanks very much!!
-
Hi All, Recieved a Letter today informing me that i have been successful in my application form and the next stage will be assessment process and Fitness test. Would love some advice, tips and anything else regarding the Assessment process. Thanks Alot Guys Adam
-
I have my PIRT this saturday. For this test is it Numerical reasoning, verbal logical reasoning, verbal usage and checking? The books that I have purchased cover only those sections. What score do I need to get in the tests to pass? Plus if I am good enough to pass i get my interview. As i understand the interview will consist of 4 questions being asked that cover the competenacies. Is that all or will there be more?