Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. GaryW
    Started by GaryW,

    Hi everyone, I'm considering applying to be a special but I've one question regarding the eye test - I'm quite short sighted and need corrective lenses most of the time. When the glasses I can see just fine so I was just curious as to if this could be an issue during the application process. Thanks.

    • 39 replies
    • 4k views
  2. Met-YR
    Started by Met-YR,

    Hello Ladies and gents. firstly iam new to this forums thoght i might get help from you guys regarding my application to the mets specials. in the Address history feild it says from to and you clearly have to put the exacte dates. to be honest i havnt got a clue the exacte date that i lived in the house for. same goes for my employment history......... can i put like roughly the dates are ? or would that be a problem. this isnt my first time applying to the mets specials . and wondering why iam getting fail eveytime. is it becouse of me not puting the correct dates of the employment and address history ? cheers i hope someone can help me kind regards mike.

    • 12 replies
    • 786 views
    Policey_Man +
  3. cwhite90999
    Started by cwhite90999,

    I'm part thinking at the moment as I've finished my undergrad degree whether to go on to do a postgrad. I've been thinking about it, my tutors at uni have said they think I can do it. My only concern is whether or not it would make me massively over qualified (maybe the wrong phrase) for any part of the police. I know my Uncle who is a Custody sergant in nortumbria has a masters and doesn't seem to have affected him. Or am i just being a bit silly over it?

      • Like
    • 40 replies
    • 1.9k views
    daveywavey36
  4. SC James
    Started by SC James,

    Just wondering. The police are putting me through recruitment knowing about my caution so I'm not too worried. However - I have just looked at the PNC "Weeding" Document on the ACPO website, and it says the following about PNC records: Records containing cautions 1. If there are cautions but no convictions on the record and no further cautions have been recorded for a period of five years, the record will be deleted, except where the caution is accompanied by an 'offends against vulnerable person' information marker. Records containing police reprimands and final warnings 2. If there are police reprimands or final warnings but no con…

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 21.8k views
  5. fido
    Started by fido,

    Reading about some potential pie munching, cake gobling, smoking and beer swigging applicants- and the relaxed attitudes of some forces in regards to fitness tests, etc- I am intrigued to know how they would deal with me. Time isn't on my side as I'm 45 yrs old. I have lost 4 stone over the past 2 yrs in order to apply for this role, and it is my aim in life to do this. my bmi is 34 however I am well built, got muscles and a bit scarey in appearance. I don't look fat, and can still run faster than some younsters. Would they send me packing in a taxi to weight watchers, or treat it on a case by case basis. Like I say, time is passing by, and I would like to crack on. …

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 1.6k views
  6. Lee.S
    Started by Lee.S,

    Has anyone else on here applied to the British Transport Police, who are recruiting Regulars and PCSO'S? Got My application form in, just waiting and hoping now. If not, I will just focus on my Division in Greater Manchester.

    • 4 replies
    • 2.6k views
    RemovedUser18-10-21
  7. billybiglegs
    Started by billybiglegs,

    I was just wondering if you allowed to take notes into the interview? I have printed off all the competencies and made lots of short notes about my experiences on each one. I was hoping to take my notes in with me just as a prompt so when my mind goes blank I have something to jog my memory. :lol:

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 1.2k views
  8. Excellsior

    Does anyone know what Home Offices Police Forces accept transfers from the CNC?

    • 2 replies
    • 1k views
  9. JasonCSH
    Started by JasonCSH,

    Hi everyone, I've been reading through this forum on and off for the past few months with a view to joining TVP Specials. I chose not to register/post initially until I at least got through the paper sift. I had my assessment on the 28th June at Sulhampstead and received a phone call on the 30th to say I had passed all stages of the assessment, swiftly followed my a letter. So I've not popped in to say hello! So my next step is the medical and fitness test. I haven't been told anything about a uniform fitting as yet though.

    • 9 replies
    • 714 views
  10. Nickyc
    Started by Nickyc,

    Hi I done a search but couldn't find anything on this But could anyone tell me more about the practical hearing test that is preformed if you fail the hearing test? Thanks,

    • 9 replies
    • 1.2k views
  11. Commissioner
    Started by Commissioner,

    I've just received my invitation training letter from the Met. Can I present this at a surgery to be entitled for a Police discount on my Hep B injections? Thanks.

    • 7 replies
    • 630 views
  12. ataylor0
    Started by ataylor0,

    Im having to fill this out again because my previous one will expire before my training. Why is that? How come it can expire in such a short time?

    • 1 reply
    • 499 views
  13. sparkydale
    Started by sparkydale,

    I've recently applied for a job and they've asked for a copy of an enhanced CRB check. Is this the same as the vetting that we get during application or is it different? Surely it will cover alot of the same stuff. Is it possible to get a copy of this? Please and thank you

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 1.5k views
    I Grade Snail
  14. Specials_Ryder
    Started by Specials_Ryder,

    I have recently submitted an application for BTP Police Officer as it was the next logical step after being a special, however I have noticed that they are planning to have assessment centre days on 9th, 10th, 16th and 17th of July and the closing date for applications is 3rd July. To me that sounds a bit optimistic after knowing how long applications usually take. Wondering anybodies thoughts??

    • 1 reply
    • 2.4k views
  15. MrGrey
    Started by MrGrey,

    Hi guys Just wondering if you can point me in the right direction. I'm trying to find the application forms for the Police Specials, I get directed to the " How to apply" section on the site and it says " Check below for your local area" but it's just a blank page underneath. I've tried on a few computers now and it keeps coming up the same. Anyway if anyone can help I'd very much appreciate it. Thanks Dan

    • 10 replies
    • 866 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.