Specials
3667 topics in this forum
-
Hi there, I've been looking through these forums for the past few days and there is so much interesting and valuable information, and it will take me many more days to even come close to fully browsing this site. I'm interested in joining the Specials, and I've already had a lot of questions answered, and worries put to bed just through scouring these boards on my own. But I have a few further questions I was wondering if people on here would be willing to help with. To start with: I'm Male, 26, living on the Isle of Wight in Hampshire's constabulary. Now I'm delaying my application for a little while simply because I KNOW my fitness level is not up to scratch, af…
-
On Day 2 of the assessment we were told we would be involved in a test where we would be exposed to 3% of the 5% of CS spray used in general policing. I understand that one of the effects of being sprayed are difficulty breathing where the mucus membranes swell. I have difficulty breathing as it is, due to a blocked nasal passage which is due for operation. Also, I am prone to panic attacks in regards to breathing. (My brain struggles accept that I am actually breathing, weird I know) I am worried this will become a major problem during the test. Who do I have to speak to beforehand to ensure I am safe during the test? Also if I am not deemed fit to take the test, co…
-
Have you ever an police interview? I want to write a book about police interview and I really need your experiences. All about your interview: questions, feeling, behaviour...Please share me if you can. Many thanks advance! Jenny
-
Since I never had my Hep B injections done, Medical insist I do and when I do I can ask for a Police Discount. Now would I ask for this discount when I get a training letter, or do I have to get some form of permission given? Also, where I am a student in full-time education, would I not be getting these for free anyway?
-
Hi all Just wanting to ask a few questions about joining up with the police. First for all, Does it matter if i'm only 5ft 4? The reason i ask is alhough it sounds abit daft is because i've never seen a small male police officer. Secondly I'm 19 this year but i get people thinking that i'm only 12 due to looking young(along with being small in height), So will this affect my application when i get a interview, since people might not take me to seriously? I would have applied to be a special constable with Strathclyde Police but missed the closing date for application so now having to wait until next year, and as i said, the questions might sound abit daft but hope eve…
-
http://www.lbp.police.uk/recruitment/apply.asp Regular's recruitment opening today for anyone interested.
-
Hi Basically im currently going through the vetting stage in my application and references have been requested. Now the one thing that is worrying me regards the employer reference. I work in a supermarket and they operate a strict policy that means they can only provide factual info such as lateness, absense and job role etc on a reference. However the force has requested more of personal employer reference with lots of questions that require an actual "answer" like are they a hard worker etc. Like I said, my employer cant do that and have sent back a factual basic reference. Could that fail my vetting? Nothing I can do about it
-
Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me, Ive now been given my training dates for Staffordshire Police but on one of the weekends on my training I have a booked holiday. Does anyone have any idea on what may be done about this, will I be moved onto a different training course or will I just have to do this weekend with a different group? Thanks guys
-
Hi, I've completed my Day 2 assessment and awaiting vetting to be complete. But another SC on the day got in touch and told me he passed vetting 2 days later and was given his training dates. I have nothing to declare, have never committed a crime before and don't see a reason why my vetting should take this long? Any reasons?
-
Hi, My ambition for the past 3 years has been to join my local force and I applied within months of turning 18 only to find they were only taking a small intake. I then spoke with some of the local Policemen/ women and they advised me the best way forward would be to apply as a Special so I did. I passed my Written Exam, Interview, Medical and Fitness test. The same day I passed my Fitness I was given a timetable of my week's Training and spent the two weeks up to my induction course studying the books i was given and I even have a letter confirming my acceptance within the force. I was then written to on the Friday before I was due to start my training advising due t…
-
- 16 replies
- 2.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi I'm hoping to join the Specials for a year between leaving college and joining the Royal Navy. My dad is a full-time PC and recommended it to me so that I don't stagnate in a part-time job and keep myself on my toes. The question is would I be taken seriously as a recruit at only 18? I'm a big lad at 6"1 and around 15 stone, I play rugby for my town and box so physicality wouldn't be a problem but would I be looked down on for being possibly the youngest in the county?
-
Hi everyone, I am an 18 year old lad currently studying Criminology and Law at University. Last weekend i went out for my dads 40th and got a bit worse for wear, which resulted in me being arrested and spending a night in the cells for a drunken disorderly. the following morning my details were recorded and fingerprints,dna taken. I was then issued an 80.00 fine. This was the first time i have been arrested and definately dont want the experience again. I was just wondering whether this will effect my application process to be both a special constable and then ultimately a police officer after university? Cheers Lewis
-
Hey everyone just joined and also - first post! Ive been interested in joining the Specials for some time now but have always been held back by my build. Im pretty slim but tall and wonderd if there were many Specials like me? I know I very rarely if ever see any slim officers around. I try my best to put on weight but it just falls off me. Some call it a blessing but personally its anything but for me! as I said its always held me back from applying. Thanks in advance! Dean. Oh and just to add im otherwise fit as a fiddle!
-
Hi, I have my fitness test tomorrow and starting to get really nervous about it. I went to the gym on Sunday to have a go on the weights for the pushing and pulling test part and now worried. Although the gym didn’t have a dymo machine which I will be being tested on tomorrow I used various machines but struggled to lift weights anywhere near 34kg. I managed 25kg. Has anyone does the fitness test? Are the weight machines at the gym anywhere like a dymo machine? All I really know about tomorrow is its a pushing and pulling not actual weight lifting. Do you have to be able to lift 34kg do you think to pass the test? Is the bleep test reasonable as well? Im no …
-
Hi all Just wondered if there are any Police Call Centre staff on here. Im a 20 year old Special serving in Essex and have been in now for about two years. I have seen a job advertised in Suffolk Police for Central Call Answering – Operator. This role intrests me the only thing im lacking is call centre experience which have i have none of. Does anyone know if they even consider an application with no call centre experience. thanks