Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Cemboi
    Started by Cemboi,

    I was thinking of applying for a loss prevention officer at HMV. I know its some sort of security, but it also focuses on customer services and does not require a Security ID thingy (whatever its called) Do you think it will be okay to do this while being a special constable or is it not allowed? Here is a job description: 'At hmv we are passionate about getting our customers closer to the music, film and games they love. We're looking for Loss Prevention Officers who can retain a discreet presence around the store, whilst still offering excellent customer service. To meet challenging stock loss targets you'll need to deter theft, and identify ways of reducing risk or lo…

    • 5 replies
    • 1.7k views
    Grissom1546080892 +
  2. Craig_Cop_Wanna_Be
    Started by Craig_Cop_Wanna_Be,

    Off to scotland tomorrow for my tests : Stage 3 - The SET: this is divided into three sections • Language • Number • Information handling Just wondering if its similar to the England police tests? Only just realised its tomorrow so im panicking as i dont know what its about! Any help, links, advice will be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Craig

    • 1 reply
    • 528 views
  3. Kewstu
    Started by Kewstu,

    Hi I am looking at applying to Humberside Police as a Special in the near future but first need to shed some pounds, I started 10 weeks ago knowing I needed to get to the magic figure of a BMI of 30. At present I have lost just over a stone and I am at a BMI of 32.1 which means I need to shed another 6KG to get to the round figure of 30. Obviously I do not want to send my application in until I know I am near the 30 BMI mark, but how long does it usually take for the application process to reach the medical questionnaire part? I am sure I can pass the PIRT and going to the gym at least 4 times a week I am confident my fitness is no problem. Do you think I should hold…

    • 9 replies
    • 886 views
  4. Glitch
    Started by Glitch,

    I know many SC applicants who are awaiting assessment dates, training dates etc, may have tonnes of questions to ask. I always do, so thats why I ring the hotline at: 020 8358 0344 I hope this has helped people.

    • 3 replies
    • 2k views
  5. redhotrocks
    Started by redhotrocks,

    Hello I need advise please. I am a special constable in training, I work in an office for a major UK football club at their ground. The end of season party was last night which I did not attend due to I am a temp worker for one month here. My collegue has just come in, sat right next to me and is still drunk from the night before (can smell it) and admitted she drove in and that she should'nt have. I am stuck as to what to do, I feel awkward as she knows I am a special an as I am new here and do not know everybody here yet and she has worked here for years. What would be the best course of action? apart from the obvious and making sure she does not enter her car aga…

  6. rachel-facey@hotmail.co.uk
    Started by rachel-facey@hotmail.co.uk,

    I have applied to become a special and passed my initial recruitment tests!! However, i have my interview in two weeks and i am terrified! at only 18 i've only had 1 interview before (and that was for a job at Tesco, not exactly on the same level as a police job lol!!) Any help on interview techniques would be appriciated as i've heard the interview is the most difficult part of the recruitment process to pass??

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 1.2k views
  7. robbie85
    Started by robbie85,

    Special Constable assessment on 9th June who else has there's on that day at Kent Police Maidstone :-)

    • 4 replies
    • 583 views
  8. Hora

    Hello, I am new and a 'Civilian'. Winter 2010 my heavily pregnant partner took exception to me keeping our dog outside in the backgarden in the snow. I insisted he stay there for a while. So she popped on her coat, took her phone and disappeared out into the front garden (I assumed to call her sister to sound off/complain etc). Literally 5mins later two officers came into the house/kitchen. Whilst in the garden my partner had called 999 (but hung up before connection was made) - a callback was made and the operator insisted on a car to visit our house incase she was under duress to deflect attention . From the two officers, one said to me it was routine nowadays i…

    • 4 replies
    • 816 views
  9. MrDSP
    Started by MrDSP,

    Can a designated premises supervisor apply to be a SC? I've done a forum search but don't seem to have found anything. Thanks in advance, Dan

    • 2 replies
    • 525 views
  10. 23cc23
    Started by 23cc23,

    Having seen a small amount of police jobs, I notice any offender carrying a offensive weapon, anything from a bottle, to a bat, as well as knives and guns, Valuable police time is being wasted waiting for the ARV's to turn up and as many forces are merging with neighbouring forces ARVs can take a considerable amount of time to arrive ?? The question I have is should all officers be tazer trained for the former offensive weapons, bottles, bats and knives ??

    • 6 replies
    • 1.2k views
  11. Charlotte0805
    Started by Charlotte0805,

    I have recently applied to join the specials as eventually i want to become a regular officer. I have been invited to an assessment day in a couple of weeks, i was just wondering what to expect? It says that there is some sort of test which has made me slightly nervous, Im in college studying national diploma in forensic science but exams and tests are not my strong point? I was just wondering what type of questions are asked Thanks Charlotte

    • 42 replies
    • 2.8k views
  12. DanielS
    Started by DanielS +,

    Hi Im 100% sure this has properly been asked before but the search didnt bring anything up what was related for the question, just some random stuff in the locker room. I was wondering if someone could explain what respect for race and diversity is. I have been looking at a blank piece of paper for about an hour and I havent written anything yet. So I thought I would ask the best people to ask. Regards DanielS

    • 53 replies
    • 43.5k views
  13. DUWDUW1
    Started by DUWDUW1,

    Hello all,Im relatively new to the site,and this is one of the few times ive had a voice,although I have been a long time viewer.I'm looking for advice from the expanse of knowledge and experience of the users....so here goes! I am currently a serving soldier and put an application in for the CNC in Febuary.Now its been a good 11 weeks now and its fair to say I'm becoming frustrated,I can't even get through to the recruitment team.Anwsering machine everytime,and I have sent n email.Mybe im slightly cynical but this could be a bad sign! However,getting to the point,if the CNC app should fall through Im still seriously considering leaving the Army and possibly trying for …

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 1.2k views
  14. Ash89rr
    Started by Ash89rr,

    Hi all, sorry if this has been covered, but I haven't the time to search. Filling in my vetting forms for Hertfordshire, and am on the following question: Have you had any credit refused, withdrawn or go into default balance or have you been notified that a credit account has gone into default? Regarding the part I have highlighted; I appled for a credit card with Virgin last year, however the application was unsuccessful. Would this be deemed as having credit refused and need to be declared on the vetting form? Many Thanks, Ash

    • 5 replies
    • 723 views
  15. Polly30
    Started by Polly30,

    I have passed my PIRT and interview but am still panicking and thinking about every scenario that could jeopardise my application. With regards to financial checks, I personally, and my husband do not have any problems in this area and have always kept up payments on everything. However, my dilemma is that when we moved into our house nearly nine years ago we kept getting debt collector letters and reminders for the idiot person who lived there 2 years before us who did not bother telling his numerous creditors his change of address. Every letter I got I sent back explaining that he no longer lived there and hadn't for some time. We were still getting letters up to 2…

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 607 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.