Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. enzoxk
    Started by enzoxk,

    Hi People/officers am quite new to this website. I have a question. I am looking to join the Special Constables as soon as I reach 18. my question is,once successful in the recruitment process and fitness and all of that is there a Driving course of some sort to drive a IRV or and area car. Thanks

      • Like
    • 40 replies
    • 9.2k views
  2. sparkydale
    Started by sparkydale,

    I know, I know... List of restricted occupations here: http://www.policespecials.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=117757 Check with your Chief Officer... OK, I'm currently unemployed but am a probationary special. There's a job vacancy locally that's titled "Security Officer" for a local holiday resort that has the job description as: " Duties will include responding to emergencies while liaising with the emergency services, escorting staff on cash runs across the village, writing incident reports, welcoming guests and staff to the village on a daily basis." This doesn't sound like a massive conflict of interest in the same way as door staff would be. I can't see a r…

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 1.5k views
    Policey_Man +
  3. Manny
    Started by Manny,

    Evening all, I'm starting my training with Derbyshire in October and was just wandering what kind off things we will getting stuck into? Will it all be classroom based or will we be going out and about and learning first hand? I'm doing the four week Monday to Friday course. Any replies would be greatly appreciated. Cheers guys Chris

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 1.3k views
  4. cwmeinion
    Started by cwmeinion,

    Hi everyone, Just wondering if anyone had any opinions on this matter. Is it acceptable to reuse a competency scenario that you put on your application form in the interview? Either as a main choice, or more likely to have as a second option or backup when using an unused scenario. Many thanks

    • 8 replies
    • 1.8k views
  5. ijsporter
    Started by ijsporter,

    hi guys and gals anyone waiting for assesment results ? i took my assesment last saturday now waiting and worrying if its good or bad news ..anyone in the same boat .i took mine in sheffield

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 707 views
  6. cheshirespecial1
    Started by cheshirespecial1,

    Cheshire Constabluary are having a recruitment drive for Special Constables. If anyone is interested in finding out more and picking up an application pack the dates of the seminars are: 11th August 6.30 pm 25th August 6.30 pm At Winsford HQ Full details can be found on www.cheshire.police.uk/jobs/specialconstables

    • 3 replies
    • 431 views
    cheshirecat1546081314
  7. UK-Bod
    Started by UK-Bod,

    Hi, Filled about half of my app form in for Notts Police specials in nice black ink. But I've re-ready the front page and it says please fill in using black ink or type face. To me, type-face is using something like microsoft word to fill it in etc. My hand writing isn't the greatest (but it's ok) which is made worse being left handed as I'm constantly trying not to smudge the black ink. Do most people fill it in by hand and will filling it in using type-face be looked down upon in any way? I probably will carry on hand writing bit but it's just incase i have big smudging problems when I get to the compentency questions. Thanks

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 717 views
    Administrative Account
  8. Police doll
    Started by Police doll,

    Hi Everyone!! very new to the forums Got my Assessment Centre tomorrow!! eeekkkk!! Feeling very nervous, was anybody else as nervous as I am feeling right now?? Thankyou

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. Police doll
    Started by Police doll,

    Hi Everyone!! I think I need a bit of advice. Basically I didn't want my employer to find out about my application and interview for the specials, until I know for certain that I'm definately in, still waiting to hear. They have however found out from people I thought I were my friends at my work. my employer has not yet spoke to me about it. I've been at my job for 4 and a half years now, and when they have found out in the past that people have been for interviews they have phoned potential new employers up and spread lies about my ex co workers, they are the type to do that I know for certain, very spiteful they are. I know I haven't ever done anything wrong whilst…

    • 30 replies
    • 1.8k views
  10. the inquisition
    Started by the inquisition,

    Hello, my application to join the specials has been rejected but I was sent a form with 2 questions from my original form and a letter saying to fill them out better than last time and my form will be reassessed (I must have done something right). My problem is that when I have no real experience of dealing with 'race/religion' issues or opinions, I have been brought up to treat people equally and don’t keep a personal tally when I have dealt with people with different opinions. I wrote about how diverse my team was when I managed at Tesco (age, experience, opinions, and medical problems) and how I worked to make their working experience more comfortable and g…

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 2.4k views
    Administrative Account
  11. Mr So Special
    Started by Mr So Special,

    Had a medical referal today with a lung specialist at the hospital as I have 2 inhalers. They doctor at my medical wasn't bothered about the sabutamol (blue) but I have a prevetative inhaler (brown) whichis steriod based, thought it shouldn't be a problem as never has attacks, never been hospital, no issues running etc. All went well with lung function tests, oxygen levels etc, but the histamine test was a nightmare, there were 7 bottles that they put solution in to a gauze (one at a time, increasing the dose as you go along) and you breath it in through a tube, then do the peak flow test. I got the 4th bottle and my chest was getting tight, but I did have the 5th Bottl…

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 1.9k views
    Mr So Special
  12. kc9400
    Started by kc9400,

    Hi, I was just wondering whether anyone could offer any advice regarding being in the Territorial Army and applying to become a Special. Would there be any problem with this? The TA is only one night a week training and a 2 week camp once a year which still leaves me plenty of time for doing other things. I am unlikely to be deployed for at least 2 years so I could see no reason that I couldn't do both, apart from if there is some ruling on this. Sorry if this has been asked before I had a quick scan and couldn't find a relevant post about this. Thank you for any replies given.

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 911 views
  13. ballerinabarbie
    Started by ballerinabarbie,

    Hi all... This is my first post on here, and am desperate for someone to help! I am at the moment waiting for the whole vetting process to be completed by Hertfordshire Constabulary....but am slightly concerned regarding the medical report form, and the whole issue of my asthma. I sent it off after having my doctor complete it, but now they have just sent me a letter saying that they need my permission for further reports to be done! I am terrified that my asthma is going to cause problems for me again. Just so you understand my situation...I have been asthmatic since i was 3 years old ( I am now 30 ) and i am pretty much reliant on my various medication to keep it un…

    • 2 replies
    • 523 views
    ballerinabarbie
  14. scratchfree
    Started by scratchfree,

    Just about to start training for the specials and been informed there is no mileage being paid for any training only travel to and from duty shifts... Now there is 36 training days... With most being 10miles+ one way... 750miles for £0.. Think there asking abit much huh ???

    • 10 replies
    • 1.4k views
  15. billy nash
    Started by billy nash,

    Hi there guys, i need some information and help on the Special Constables.I have recently applied and have been asked to go along to the presentaton day on 5th Spetember. Is it true that once you have done so many hours voluntary you can transfer to the regular police??? I no you are required to do a minimum of 16 hours a month but can you do more then that? Is there a certain maximum hours? Also how long can the process take if you was to pass day 1,2&3? and get accepted to start training??? If there's any other information and answer you can give i would be very greatful, Thanks Billy

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.