Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. LeanneSC
    Started by LeanneSC,

    A couple of my answers to the competencies aren't even scenarios really. Like for example, about team work....I've just put about activities I've done growing up and doing lots of team work etc. Can't actually think of a scenario. Advice anyone?

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 571 views
  2. Lianne.g
    Started by Lianne.g,

    For the specials interview they ask you about the key competencies do you need a situation that you have been in for each one?

    • 4 replies
    • 431 views
  3. dungeon monkey
    Started by dungeon monkey,

    hi guys and girls Just after peoples opinions, So I am up here in the midlands and I am police staff with one force and a SC with another ,I was looking through the CKP providers internet pages, and there is courses all over the country. Is it just the MET who are after the CKP or do you guys think other forces will use that a pre requirement in the future? Just looking at my options and not sure whether doing this now will benefit me better in the future or it will just allow me to apply to the MET . Just thinking what more can I do to join the Regs or help me to do so. Cheers guys and girls Dungeon Monkey

    • 13 replies
    • 2.1k views
    Bravo Sierra +
  4. Frank Castle
    Started by Frank Castle,

    Can anyone who completed the CKP or undertaking it in London recommend a training provider and how long it takes to complete. General feedback on course would be great.

    • 2 replies
    • 880 views
    Future_officer
  5. shade1546080910
    Started by shade1546080910,

    hi all, Just wondering how you appeal a desision made by the HR dept regarding a specials application? hope for some fast replies as they want my desicion tomorrow! thanks Jay

    • 5 replies
    • 590 views
  6. Pindy93
    Started by Pindy93,

    Ive just sent my application now. Kinda worried.. About having no previous work with me being my partners carer. Anyone know how long the process should take now? The application had to be sent by tomorrow midnight. How will i be contacted and will i be contacted if i dont pass the application?

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 474 views
  7. UKPolice
    Started by UKPolice,

    I would like to inform you all I have won the decision against the pre employment checks with my local force! They have emailed me this afternoon notifying me that the have taken everything into decision and that I start training in August!!!! SO SO HAPPY! :D

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 1.4k views
  8. Villager
    Started by Villager,

    Can anyone please tell me what the overall pass mark is? I have passed the national mark but not North Yorkshire.

    • 2 replies
    • 458 views
  9. DanTheOutlaw
    Started by DanTheOutlaw,

    Hello, I recently applied for a position with Hertfordshire Constabulary but unfortunately received an emailed the next day informing me that I had not been successful which was very frustrating as I am really eager to do it. I'm only 19 years old with no previous work experience and no GCSE's as I left school early. What would be the best way for me to get in to the special constabulary, I'm not exactly the most confident individual either so any information on what to expect if I do get an interview would be greatly appreciated, cheers. I've just seen a separate topic for questions such as this, I don't know if a forum administrator wants to move this topic or not.

      • Like
    • 39 replies
    • 1.3k views
  10. InnesMac
    Started by InnesMac,

    Hi y'all Having passed the entrance test/interview stage can anyone tell me if they've done the fitness test recently and what it involves and what type of exercises will help build up my core strengths. Thanks

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 456 views
  11. Thomastank
    Started by Thomastank,

    I soon have my fitness test I am a 40 year old female and go to my local gym most days. I have to say I am really struggling pulling 35kg the pushing is fine and I run well any tips to help me with my pull test? I am also going to have a practice run at the bleep test on Sunday with one on the gym instructors as Ive never done one. Just concerned as taken me so long to get this far I don't want to fail on fitness as would not be through lack of trying. :new_yes:

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 1.1k views
  12. GeneralGinger
    Started by GeneralGinger,

    Having just got back from the eye test the optician told me my eyesight binocularly unaided is just about borderline without much room for discretion. It is a case of one eye in one out and together they just about fall in. The result says 6/30-2 unaided and the requirement is 6/36 or better. (No idea what the numbers mean). Obviously I am going to stress to the Occupational Health that they chat with me before just rejecting the application I just want a bit of ammunition before hand. Technically they meet requirements but it just seems to me it may be a bit close for comfort. I beg the question has anyone in a similar circumstance been given the option to correct una…

    • 22 replies
    • 676 views
    GeneralGinger
  13. jayjayjay

    Hello, I wanted to know if anyone was aware of the grading process and what it means in certain stages. For instance, I know that for the maths & English written tests, you'll be given a grade of A-D, I wanted to know what would be a pass for these? How are they graded, are the 31 questions divided by four equal sections and if you fall within that area of points e.g. 7 questions were scored correctly so that's a grade D or 15 correct answers so a grade C is given etc. Is a grade C a pass for these two tests and what is the minimum points to get that grade, or does it work on a percentage grade, e.g. achieve min. 60% on each test to pass. Help will be much apprec…

    • 1 reply
    • 715 views
  14. D_Mac
    Started by D_Mac,

    Hi guys, Just a quick question. For those people who have had any experience from day 1, are there any websites that you would recommend that have similar practice tests to those on the Day 1? I've been searching quite a bit but a lot are very advanced, graduate level. I'm not sure if the day 1 num reasoning tests will be as tough? Thanks

    • 6 replies
    • 497 views
  15. Griff
    Started by Griff,

    I've submitted an application form to a local force. Upon reading it after I've sent it.. (silly I know). I've noticed one spelling error. Will this affect my application?, Should I contact HR about it ? Thanks

    • 8 replies
    • 449 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.