Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Rosemary
    Started by Rosemary +,

    Hi all, I've noticed a couple of examples of people using 'txt talk' in the recruitment section and so just wanted to give a quick reminder of Forum policy that it's not welcome on the site: http://www.policespecials.com/forum/index.php?/topic/57464-plz-dont-uz-txt-tlk/ Although I've posted this specifically in the recruitment section it does apply to the whole Forum. Thanks! :D

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 789 views
  2. Superhands
    Started by Superhands,

    Hi Is anyone else on here attending Hutton on August 27th? I'm wondering if calculators are permitted? If no one has the info I'll call recruitment tomorrow. Cheers Phil.

    • 3 replies
    • 364 views
  3. tomsharp02
    Started by tomsharp02,

    So firstly if this is in the wrong section just say, this however is my first forum post so be nice! Basically I will be starting my Met PC Application on Tuesday. I have applied in the past to other forces and have not passed the paper shift. I do not know why due to the fact of not being given feedback. I really want to give a very good attempt. Does anyone have any ideas or tips to put in my comps? Is there a special way of doing them? Thanks T

    • 8 replies
    • 633 views
    operationfirestorm
  4. Zac Phillips
    Started by Zac Phillips,

    How do you apply to be a PCSO? my local force contacted me and told me they would be recruiting in september (next month) will there be an application on line then? or is there always one on line and I just can't find it? Thanks.

    • 4 replies
    • 801 views
  5. Jd89
    Started by Jd89,

    Hi folks, I'm signed up for an information evening next week with the GMP on Specials. I've got a few questions: 1. Current document on this forum in regards to recruitment on the GMP says Specials are closed; do they run the evenings anyway? Will I join a waiting list? 2. Fitness/appearance: I'm 6'0 but a pretty skinny 69kg. I'm lifting weights and am doing well above the minimum 32kg (I assume that is two handed, right?) so not too worried about that. If I can run at a medium/high speed (close to sprinting) for a good 10 minutes; will I have any trouble with the bleep test? Do they record my final level, or is a just a pass mark? Will having a higher level improve my…

    • 5 replies
    • 419 views
  6. sparkydale
    Started by sparkydale,

    I found these whilst googling some other stuff. They're not mine, so I take no credit (or also any blame for mistakes, but I think it's all current) It's a series of 179 flash cards you can use to test your knowledge. Good for any in training, or wanting to do pre-training, or wanting to revise. You can also install them on a smart phone to test yourself whilst out and about. http://www.coursehero.com/flashcards/530458/IPDLP/

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 736 views
  7. jakerushie
    Started by jakerushie,

    Passed the assessment day and the final interview for Student Officer, although now I'm on a holding list. How long do these generally take to getting started and is it guaranteed recruitment at the end?

    • 5 replies
    • 661 views
    morale_outbreak
  8. bdot

    I have just been invited to the Day 1 assessment for the Met Specials however, I am also planning to apply for the Met Regulars when it opens this month. Is it ok to do this? Can I expect to face any problems from doing this? Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 1k views
  9. Dunkin Donut
    Started by Dunkin Donut,

    Quick question for you all..... Had my email feedback from D&C Regulars recruitment, scored 46% which puts me in the average category. It says I've displayed some good competencies, but also have a couple which have let me down. Which were decision making and courage. I disagree with this, because of how the questionnaire was set out that I got pushed into the answers I gave. Now, if anyone has done the test, then you'll know how it works when you marked 2 statements the same. Can't really talk about on here, because of confidentiality and all that obviously! ;-) I'm a medical away from joining the Specials, but the Regulars is my long term goal. Do you therefore …

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. operationfirestorm
    Started by operationfirestorm,

    OK so I have my assessment coming up and only have a couple of weeks to prepare. I have identified 2 areas that I need to practice and prepare for above other aspects of the day. Can anyone point me to some good resources, videos, books, guides etc with examples so I can get ready for role play excercises. I found a couple of videos on youtube, great but not much else. I have ordered a book 'Definitive Passing Police Recruitment Process' as recommended but thats it currently I am not asking anyone to divulge information they should not just asking for a little guidance or point me to a study resource. Thanks. Good luck anyone else who has assessments coming up! :new_y…

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 5.7k views
    operationfirestorm
  11. MILLSII3
    Started by MILLSII3,

    Hello all, I'll keep this short and to the point. Failed vetting at the beginning of july. Asked why and as I expected the reply said they cannot tell me and that I have no right to appeal. I then wrote up a very very long letter explaining everything on my vetting papers and everything in my personal life from relationships to how many sugars I have in my tea! Received a call a month later inviting me to a vetting interview (tomorrow). Just wondered if this is common or if anyone else has been through it? I imagine it's to go over everything so they can review it. Turned my world upside down when I thought it was over but now hopes are slightly higher. Thanks

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 1.7k views
  12. Zac Phillips
    Started by Zac Phillips,

    Since I was a child I've always had the idea of joining the police in the back of my head and I thought now as I'm turning 18 at the end of this year I would look into it in some more depth than I previously have, but I have a few questions to ask as I'm not quite sure on them, so if any help could be provided I would be very grateful, Thank you. I'm male and I have long hair coming down to just about an inch above my waist, is there anyway that would be allowed to stay if I maybe tied it up some way or the other or is it definitely not allowed?. How old exactly do you have to be to apply to be a PCSO? on the site it said there is no minimum age I assume that means with…

    • 12 replies
    • 589 views
    Santisuk1546081549
  13. OfficiallyCM
    Started by OfficiallyCM,

    Hey (: I have an assessment day for a Contact Handler position and wondered if anyone had any words of wisdom on. The two elements are a group exercise and multi-tasking paper based and typing assessment. Any advice would be appreciated (:

    • 3 replies
    • 382 views
  14. Mpt
    Started by Mpt,

    Hi guys Can anyone let me know if police staff pay scales are national or attached per force? Also, if they are national, and anyone actually knows what each scale equates too, could you direct me to that info?

    • 1 reply
    • 735 views
  15. hannah1981
    Started by hannah1981,

    Hi, I was recently accepted a Special by WYP and i was just wondering if you can be Police staff and a Special at the same time? Is this one of the restricted jobs that is intangible with the Specials? Thanks. Hannah

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 478 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.