Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. CFreeman
    Started by CFreeman,

    Hello all, I am looking to join my local NHS ambulance service (EEAST) as an Emergency Care Assistant (ECA) on a frontline ambulance. From the NPIA doc: 4. Members of the medical and health professions 4.1 The relationship between patient and health practitioner could be inhibited by the practitioner holding the office of constable in terms of information given or received within this relationship. This may be a particular concern in a small community with little choice of medical services. Not all members of these professions are in a position in which such conflicts of interest are likely to occur and the Department of Health has previously agreed that such persons …

    • 13 replies
    • 751 views
  2. atterley3
    Started by atterley3,

    I'm considering completing a first aid course to help with my application. Has anyone else done one? Which one did you do? I've had a look at the Red Cross website (http://www.redcrossfirstaidtraining.co.uk/Courses.aspx) and there are lots of courses available but some seem very similar. Is there a particular course which stands out or does it not really matter? Will it help my application or do you receive training if accepted anyway? Thanks!

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 1.6k views
  3. MSCman
    Started by MSCman,

    Hi, My day one is in 8 days, i have heard that others have the Westshire welcome pack. I have not received this. I am applying for the Met and i am applying to become a special if any of that is important? Thanks all

    • 4 replies
    • 540 views
  4. David2013
    Started by David2013,

    Hi all, I have just came across this forum and I must say it is fantastic. Great work by whoever set it up. I have been informed by my brother who is constable in NI that there will be recruitment in PSNI in the Autumn. I am 22 years of age and have decided that I would l love to follow a career in the PSNI. Could anyone shed some light on what the training is like, length of training etc. I would ask my brother but he is away on his honeymoon and couldn't wait for him to come back!! Look forward to seeing the replies! David . Also, does anyone know how many are being recruited?

    • 8 replies
    • 1.9k views
  5. Brucey
    Started by Brucey,

    Well just got the call ive passed the process and start training in october been given my collar number, just got to hope i get my divison now happy boy

      • Like
    • 32 replies
    • 1.3k views
  6. operationfirestorm
    Started by operationfirestorm,

    I got some email alerts yesterday. In case any potential specials have not noticed Thames Valley Police are recruiting in various locations for special constable. http://applyonline.thamesvalley.police.uk/default.aspx?page=alljobs Good luck to anyone who applies.

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 485 views
    operationfirestorm
  7. Dunkin Donut
    Started by Dunkin Donut,

    Some news for you all! Today I had my medical...........Well, that's what it should have been apparently!! The nurse asked myself what I was there for, I said that I believed it was the medical and seeing the doctor, but she said she had no information on myself there, other than that it was for a hearing test. Which has already been deemed as semi-useless as they know I'm deaf in my right ear from birth. lol I never had a confirmation letter, the last letter I'd received was asking for a detailed report on the few conditions listed, once received they would then make the appointment for myself to see the doctor and have my medical. Hearing test was done anyway. The…

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 509 views
  8. bian101
    Started by bian101,

    Helloo everyone How we doing? Did my first intendant patrol the other day, ended up picking up the town centre jobs - which was great to do it on my own! Felt like I was in deep at times, but a quick point to the duty sgt and all was well. Loving it! Anywho, I have my medical in 1.5 weeks for the regs, and due to start in 2.5 weeks! Exciting! Recently I have lost 2 stone 6lbs and its still (slowly at the moment) going off, my BMI fluctuates between 29.8 - 30.6, and especially that I will be taking on more water on my medical day so I can actually produce urin I will be even heavier :/ I have my weight loss tracked on the NHS BMI app I can show the doct…

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 419 views
  9. operationfirestorm
    Started by operationfirestorm,

    Finally my Assessment day at Thames Valley Police has arrived.... well on Tuesday. Thought I would ask this question now before the weekend to get the most feedback I can. I have purchased a great book: The Definitive Guide to passing the police recruitment process by John McTaggart I have studied GCSE Maths on Bitesize online. Increasing my understanding of math to a new level! well... a much better one. I have mind maped the Westshire Shopping Centre facts, numbers, locations, figures & more. I Completed over 15 psychometric tests online with mixed results to be honest. Practiced writing reports for 5 hours Spent 6 hours performing as real as possible role plays H…

      • Like
    • 30 replies
    • 3.1k views
    operationfirestorm
  10. Brucey
    Started by Brucey,

    What do people wear to training? I know its a long way off but is it a case off shirts and pants for the actual training then you can change into jeans and trainers for the evening in the social?

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 628 views
  11. Twirlx
    Started by Twirlx * ,

    Hello I am very interested in applying to be a police special as I have been keen on doing it for several years now however, I feel like I don't stand much of a chance if I apply. I am only 17 at the moment but in just a few weeks I will turn 18. Last year I studied a level 2 IT BTEC course (which I got a distinction in) and now I am currently studying at college for another two years on a level 3 course. For quite a while I have been really interested in the police specials and over the past few months have done quite a bit of research about them. I feel that a police special is a great way to help me contribute to my community and help me develop myself further as a …

    • 15 replies
    • 810 views
  12. pedmond
    Started by pedmond,

    Just thought I would check here but I was reading up a lot on what to study for the interviews offered in E&W for Specials applications but are these the same to final board interviews for Scottish Specials? What are the differences if any? Many thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 314 views
  13. Nelson1545926257
    Started by Nelson1545926257,

    For anyone who may be interested, Police Scotland are now recruiting for PC's. Positive sides - no minimum academic requirements and still on the old payscales and terms and conditions as Winsor reforms haven't been introduced. Downsides are though that it's a condition that you join and are prepared to be posted anywhere in the country. http://www.scotland.police.uk/recruitment/police-officers/ Feel free to ask daft questions you'd prefer not to ask recruitment directly

    • 16 replies
    • 1k views
  14. MattyManutd91
    Started by MattyManutd91,

    Alright guys! Just about to fill in my forms ahead of my day 2 for specials with the met. about a year to a year and a half ago i got a notice for speeding ( 35mph in a 30mph ) I had the option to pay the fine a get 3 points or go on a day long course and pay no fine and take no points Would i need to include this on the vetting form or not?? Tahnks for any help given.. :D

    • 12 replies
    • 706 views
  15. GRAYMAN228
    Started by GRAYMAN228 * ,

    I am due to start my training for the Specials next month but I have been told that I will need to surrender my SIA door supervisors licence before I can start training? I knew that I would need to do this due to conflict of interest etc but assumed that I would be ok to keep working until I completed my 6 month training and took to the beat? The recruitment office have been very helpful but I am now faced with either deferring my training start date for another six months or hand in my notice in and surrender my licence next week! Any help would be greatly appreciated?

    • 4 replies
    • 542 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.