Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. NewBill
    Started by NewBill * ,

    Hey guys I've just started to fill out the application and I have been asked the following: © Any other investigation or involvementPlease give details of ANY INVESTIGATION BY OR ANY INVOLVEMENT WHATSOEVER you have had with Police, Military or Transport Police or any other Statutory or Prosecuting Authorities. I once forgot to purchase a ticket on the train a few years ago, and was subsequently fined by a transport official. Do you think I should mention this in the section? Thank you for your time.

    • 6 replies
    • 377 views
  2. Andrew O
    Started by Andrew O,

    Hi, I'm new here so hope it's not too cheeky to be asking questions already. I recently undertook the assessment session for the above role and have just found out I have passed this stage of the requirement process and have my interview next week. All I'm after is some advice on the sort of questions I should expect to be asked at interview. If anyone has any advice or has been through this process I would appreciate any advice you have to offer. Thanks. Andrew.

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 664 views
  3. jack1231
    Started by jack1231,

    So i got some good news the other day that i passed my day 1 assessment with the met police. I received a text saying that i had passed and they would contact me within 3 months, i passed the written exam straight away and then i had to re-take my interview again and passed 2nd time round. I haven't received a email or anything yet but does anyone know how long they normally take and how close am i to actually getting on training? Some people say if you get pass day 1 you should literally be on training!! I've not got a criminal record my health is fine and my fitness is good as i go to the gym often thanks guys

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 1.7k views
  4. qQJqHNxxJqpCxWVQwffcdbqKn
    Started by qQJqHNxxJqpCxWVQwffcdbqKn,

    Over 2 years now since I first sent in the application (Sep 2011) and all I am waiting for is a fitness test and its being cancelled every time. Meant to be tomorrow and they have now cancelled again and this time until Autumn 2014!! If that's true it would be 3 years! Can I have another application in with another force with this one still going? Im guessing not. On that subject what if it was BTP as they do allow you to have a Home Office app for regulars at the same time. Anyone else waited this long? Losing the will

    • 5 replies
    • 289 views
  5. thenewguy321
    Started by thenewguy321,

    hello all, I am currently undergoing the recruitment process and had my application accepted so I have just completed the online assessments and have my fitness test all booked and ready to go. I have a problem that I am worried about. about 3 years ago I had a problem with an old girlfriend which led to someone calling the police. when they arrived on scene they arrested us both ( I had cuts on my face where she had scratched me and she had a red mark on her shoulder where I had held her back from me) the police later said to us that they would have been happy leaving it but the fact that we both should physical marks meant they had to pursue it being a domestic case. w…

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 861 views
  6. kitty.
    Started by kitty.,

    Hi there! I was wondering, do they also test for benzodiazepines, or is it only class A and B drugs? Also, if they were prescribed by a doctor, would they still reject me?

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 796 views
    Joker1546081795 +
  7. LolaHenry
    Started by LolaHenry,

    Hi everyone, I'm putting an application into the Regulars and understand that I can only put one application in every 6 months. I'm just a bit unclear about the divide between Regulars/ Specials. i.e. if my application is rejected for Regulars, do I still have to wait 6 months before I put an application in for Specials? Any help appreciated! Thanks

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 507 views
    Joker1546081795 +
  8. Jaffers
    Started by Jaffers,

    Hi all I was pulled over a couple of years ago and was given a ticket for having a bald tyre, it wasn`t a endorsable fixed penalty it was for me to go and get the tyre changed have the ticket stamped and sent to the address on it and that was the end of it. I was cautioned not to say anything but anything I do say maybe used against me. Is this a formal caution or just protocol before issuing anything. I ask because when I fill the application form out I always tick no to the question " have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offence or had formal cautions, reprimands/ warnings by the police for any offence?" am I right by ticking no? I always declare the trye is…

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 1k views
  9. LeanneSC
    Started by LeanneSC,

    Would adding onto your CV about you applying for the specials ever stop you from getting interviews for a job?? As since I have added it on I don't seem to be getting any interviews. I thought I'd add it on so that if I was to get an interview anywhere, they would already be aware of it.

      • Like
    • 40 replies
    • 1.4k views
  10. LMAB90
    Started by LMAB90,

    Hi all, This question is to all those applicants (or even current PCSOs) who have thought of joining/joined up as a PCSO A bit about me: I'm currently in the process of contemplating of applying to become a PCSO with a police force but just need some assistance in making a decision as to whether it is the right position for me to pursue. I want to become a PCSO to serve the community, establish links within the local community and support other front-line police staff; if you're in the process of applying what's your motivation? Why do you want to become a PCSO? Or if you're already doing the job why did you want to become a PCSO? I just feel it'll be interesting to…

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 2.3k views
  11. MSCstudent
    Started by MSCstudent,

    Three questions. 1) if you are a special do you still need CKP to apply to join the met - surely training and experience would make up for not having the certificate? 2) is there any scheme where the mps will provide/pay for the ckp in return for service? 3) could you sit the exam without paying a full course fee if you're specials experience and traibing and self study meant you didn't require tuition. Cheers

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 390 views
  12. MSCman
    Started by MSCman,

    Hi all, I have my day two in a couple of days and it looks like im going to be a couple of pounds under (no i cant guarantee i can gain 2 pounds in that amount of time). So my question is- is there a possibility they will let me through anyway, or is it a definite cut off point? Im healthy and eat a good amount, im just 18 and have a particularly high metabolism :/.

      • Like
    • 28 replies
    • 1.3k views
  13. Neenor1546081370
    Started by Neenor1546081370,

    Can someone join the reg's if they have exercise induced asthma?

    • 9 replies
    • 491 views
  14. Vanessaj616
    Started by Vanessaj616,

    Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have been applying for quite a few Police Staff jobs as my force area are not recruiting specials or officers! I have an interview for a Secretarial and Computer Support Officer next Tuesday and they said I will be doing tests too. Does anyone have any idea what sort of tests they do? Are they like verbal reasoning or something similar? Thanks in advance.

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 453 views
  15. Hero_6131546082365
    Started by Hero_6131546082365,

    Hey all, got a quick question about general qualifications needed for joining the police force in general. I realise this can vary from force to force, but Herts don't have any specific info about required qualifications from what I've seen. Specifically, I'm asking what's best to do after leaving Secondary School, I wish to go to University and study IT as a trade (gives me something to fall back on if my aspiration to join the Police doesn't follow through), but I've heard a lot of people mentioning a Public Services course that is available at college. I'm all up for going to college, but my mum has strictly stated she doesn't want me going to college, and to be honest…

    • 9 replies
    • 476 views
    cheshire1546082322

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.