Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. jona_1913
    Started by jona_1913,

    Hello :new_wave: I have my bio-metric and fitness dates for the start of 2014 and if all goes well (without counting chickens before they've hatched!) should hopefully be offered a training date for some point next year. My family want to book a holiday as there are several things to celebrate next year, would it be worth giving HR a ring on tomorrow and ask what possible dates for training courses they have penciled in for next year or not? Don't fancy wasting money unnecessarily if you get what I mean! *Obviously I would put any training date before a holiday as its been a very long wait to get this far! haha* Thanks in advance Jona PS: Im applying for West Merci…

    • 4 replies
    • 452 views
  2. Bombidia
    Started by Bombidia,

    Hello, I applied for Kent and was told 3 weeks ago that I had failed the papersift. I got my feedback today. I am confused - I got an A overall and for the competency... Question 1: Effective Communication A Question 2: Personal Responsibility A Question 3: Resilience B Question 4: Respect for Race and Diversity A The reason I failed is apparently: Although your application met the required standard in the competency assessment, the standard of written communication evidenced in your application did not meet that required. Candidates who do not reach this standard at application go on to perform less well in the written exercises at the national police recruit …

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 2.2k views
  3. Psblah
    Started by Psblah * ,

    Hi I have interview dates for Roles of: Special constable and pcs&to could anyone give me any advice about Job interviews at Merseyside police, please and could anyone who has recently been though the Special constable interview tell me some of the questions they where asked at there interview to help me prepare

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 1.9k views
  4. Dubs91
    Started by Dubs91,

    I had my day 2 for the met specials on 14th October. My online tracker is advising me that my result will bed sent through email...still nothing yet. From everyone's experience, is this just a formality, or is there further checks they need to do. My understanding was that we would be told if we passed day 2 after we had finished the day? I realise there is still vetting, but I mean if it was a "day 2 pass"

    • 9 replies
    • 490 views
  5. Metcop892
    Started by Metcop892,

    I have recently passed my BTP specials AC and am awaiting posting to a station. I am working for a fairly big company and understand that when the time comes BTP will want a reference, I am 100% ok with that. It's just I don't want none of my colleagues to know that I am a special constable were I am currently working, so how do I ensure this happens? Do I simply speak to my HR team and explain my situation to them? Any help/thoughts would be great. Has any body else been in this situation? Thanks.

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 841 views
    Joker1546081795 +
  6. DanTheOutlaw

    I'm very doubtful that I will ever get an interview for the specials and even if I did I would just freeze during the interview but just say I got to the stage where they assess your mental capabilities and logical thinking skills what should I expect? I consider myself very unintelligent and when in a stressful environment my comprehension abilities tend to go down the drain almost every time. What do these tests usually contain, is it similar to an IQ test or is it more specific to the job? I ask this because I think it would be an excellent idea to practice in the areas that the assessment focuses on sort of in the way one would revise for an academic exam so that way…

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 803 views
  7. honestyvo
    Started by honestyvo,

    Out of curiosity does anyone know what the pass mark for the numerical ability (21 questions) and verbal ability (28 questions) tests are? I.e. minimum number of correct answers required in order to pass. Definitive answers only please. Thanks in advanced.

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 2.2k views
  8. Neenaw
    Started by Neenaw,

    I know you wont be able to provide me with definitive medical answers (unless any of you are MO's?) but I'm applying to join the Met on the new Grad scheme. Unfortunately I have an underlying medical condition which has been stable for several years and will (touch wood) stay that way providing I remain on medication. I've rang the Met medical dept. and they said that I can still apply and cannot be discriminated against because of this, and that I am 'fit' for general duties but would be unable to apply for some of the more Gucci roles, fast response driving, firearms etc. Is there some sort of document that is available to view internally that states what roles would …

    • 3 replies
    • 420 views
  9. DanTheOutlaw
    Started by DanTheOutlaw,

    Hello, I'm currently in the process of applying for Herts police as a special (2nd time around) and I have a big concern. Around 2 years ago I got very down about the fact that I was performing very poorly athletically and was essentially talked into going on anti depressants. I was surprised the doctor even allowed me to have them but he seemed more than happy prescribe me them after just a 5 minute chat about how I feel. I quit the tablets within a month or two of going on them as I felt no effect and thought the whole concept of going on tablets over anything so trivial as sport was simply ridiculous. (Which it is.) I know I wasn't clinically depressed I was simply v…

    • 15 replies
    • 1.4k views
  10. cv65user
    Started by cv65user,

    I was very excited after I got some friday news saying I was preferred candidate for back office staff. Ireally wanted this job set for life - staying till retirement. A few months later I got a fairly standard email saying I failed pre employment checks . . I asked what who why they only said references came back didnt meet their criteria!? and no way to appeal and they were withdrawing my application. But I didnt understand what references as in job references or ... ? I know i passed medical and financial because I was chased on the phone once for an update. I cant believe it I have failed I have no criminal , or spent convictions or DUIs or ever been in trouble…

    • 15 replies
    • 1.7k views
  11. operationfirestorm
    Started by operationfirestorm,

    I am trying to locate the home office medical standards for the Ministry of Defence Police Officer role. All officers are required to be Authorised firearms trained and to carry their firearms 90% of the time. I have read over the standard home office document 20131007-medical-standards.doc but my questions is, Is there a separate medical standard/additional standard required for AFOs? (Authorised firearms Officers) I am trying to find out if hearing loss is going to prevent me from applying. i emailed them twice but it seems as though I cannot get a straight answer. They directed me to the above home office document. In that document you can be deaf in one ear, no pr…

    • 12 replies
    • 3.2k views
    operationfirestorm
  12. MSCstudent
    Started by MSCstudent,

    Probably a stupid question but... I live in student halls. There are 400 of us living here and I know for a fact a couple have a criminal record. They're not particularly friends on mine and I never have really said more than a few words to them. However I understand that if you live with people who the police have had dealings with it can hinder your application? I don't actually live with them any more than two people in the same apartment block. However we do have the same address and I wondered how this might affect my application? Thanks

    • 10 replies
    • 652 views
  13. leelandsend
    Started by leelandsend * ,

    Hi, I have my assessment day for Humberside Police on 2nd November and have read the Talking Blues book on how to pass assessment day, only to realise a lot has changed since it was written. For example, my welcome pack said i would have a situation and judgemet test for 50 mins, 1 written proposal and a competency based interview. so no role plays! Just wondered if anyone could give some advice on Humberside Police Assessment day, regarding the interview? my main question would be; the welcome pack said the four competencies I would be asked about in interview are 'openness to change' 'professionalism' 'service delivery' and 'working with others'. Does anyone know what…

    • 2 replies
    • 519 views
  14. milliebrighton
    Started by milliebrighton,

    Hi everyone, I'm through to the paper application stage. I've got a gap of about 6 months in my employment, over two years ago. Have been in continuous employment at the same company ever since. I wasn't claiming any kind of benefit in this time, and I lived off inheritance to keep me supported. I had witnessed a crime and I felt really unable to work, how can I prove this? I wasn't signed off with depression but I was taking antidepressants and having counselling through victim support. I've got until the 4th of November to fill in this form and return it. any advice greatly needed!!!

    • 9 replies
    • 692 views
  15. starky123
    Started by starky123 * ,

    Hi all, First time poster here. I have been looking to apply for a staff role with the Met and have noticed they need 5 years worth of work references in every role. Tbh, this is the first time I've considered working in the emergency services so am worried about my work history - 1. I worked for Comet for a year about 3 years back. The company has gone under as you know and I haven't any contact with anyone in that job. I don't even remember my supervisor's second name. How do I get a reference for that?!?! 2. I studied but also signed on afterwards for two years. I can easily get a study reference but I am unsure how to get a reference from the job centre or even …

    • 3 replies
    • 419 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.