Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. BlueprintJoe123
    Started by BlueprintJoe123,

    Hello everyone, I wondered if someone can put my worries at ease or maybe not. I have currently got an application as PCSO and I have reached the second stage of the process waiting to have my interview. I was wondering if I was to get a job offer as PCSO would it go against me if I decided I'd rather go ahead with my application with Special constabulary instead? Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 331 views
    BlueprintJoe123
  2. The Warrior
    Started by The Warrior,

    This is the third time I've done the application failed for the specials gutted got to wait 6 months thinking it is the questions letting me down Gutted

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 1.5k views
  3. Mol-BPF
    Started by Mol-BPF,

    On the anniversary of this exciting prosess thought I would reflect and thank! Although this journey really start when I was 12 when all I ever wanted to be is a boy in blue, 15 years later nearly there! Being a special really puts things in perspective and highly recommend it to any one who want to join a a regular! Confirms it is what you want to do! So November last year applied, Christmas 2012 passed paper sift, April passed assessment centre, June passed final interview, august passed fitness, September passed biometric vetting, November the anniversary month me amongst others have been given conditional offers for January!!! A dream come true! Medical, vetting …

      • Like
    • 49 replies
    • 2.4k views
  4. adam1234
    Started by adam1234,

    If anyone is interested go to their website. You will need to register to attend an open evening first I believe

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 577 views
  5. operationfirestorm
    Started by operationfirestorm,

    Some of you guys will know that I had experienced the most terrible experience of having my identity stolen. I also had 7 negative blemishes on my credit file which I have spent nearly a year trying but with great determination to remove completely from my credit file. Not only was this hindering any credit applications but also a real concern when applying for jobs too. I thought I would use my 1000th post on here to shout out loud! I have had success at last and got a confirmation just today that the CCJ will be removed in entirety the next time the credit reference agencies update! Yippee! As I am currently 5 weeks into SC vetting for the home office/immigration n…

    • 6 replies
    • 439 views
    Administrative Account
  6. JoeM1546082302
    Started by JoeM1546082302,

    I live in Essex and hence want to join Essex Police. I am 17 and 9 months (the age of which I can apply) in July 2014. What advice would you give me about joining? I wouldn't mind doing policing as a career however I have my sights set on something different so I just want to be a special. I rarely see 'young' officers so was wondering if you thought 18 was too young to join? Joe

      • Like
    • 33 replies
    • 2.2k views
  7. Rosemary
    Started by Rosemary +,

    Hi All, Just wanted to post a topic about the pinned recruitment FAQ/ guide thread: http://www.policespecials.com/forum/index.php/topic/140335-recruitment-guide-please-read-before-posting/ I've added in information about a couple of topics which have cropped up a few times recently but wondered if anyone had any thoughts on anything else which ought to be in there? I'm hopeful that there might be fewer duplicate threads created if people look there first but I wonder if the fact it's pinned with quite a few others means people don't always see it. Has anyone got any thoughts? Thanks all!

    • 0 replies
    • 389 views
  8. atterley3
    Started by atterley3,

    What does that mean? I'm just reading through the timeline for Dorset Police and they have that as one of the stages. Is it what it sounds like? I hope not as that really doesn't seem fair!

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 1.5k views
    Prae1546081277
  9. Pindy93
    Started by Pindy93,

    I received an email yesterday (after applying in July) saying I had passed my application process!! What happens now?

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 411 views
  10. gp1983

    Hi there I've just registered with this forum though I've been reading the posts for quite a while now. I recently applied to become a Special Constable with West Yorkshire Police and I passed my initial assessment in Wakefield. I have now received the Medical and Vetting pack and I'm going to drop this off in Wakefield on Thursday. I'm a little confused as to the next steps with regards to the medical test. I presume the medical test takes place while vetting is carried out. As I understand it, the medical forms are sent off to a different police department and then based on the information provided, it is decided whether we are allocated a Nurse or a Doctor (wh…

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 2.8k views
  11. Account Deleted
    Started by Account Deleted,

    Pretty silly question really, but here it is anyway! First Day Of Training as a PC, what's the dress code? Got the information pack that details all the expectations of looking smart and clean shaven when in uniform and which parts of the uniform you're expected to wear when at the college. It also says that the new uniform will be issued during the first week of training, however it doesn't say what is expected on the first day. I am currently a special, so could turn up in uniform but think that's probably not a good idea. I'm guessing suited and booted is probably the most sensible option but any input from people that have already been through this stage would be…

    • 8 replies
    • 744 views
    Jeebs1546081084
  12. deannos

    I applied to Beds Police but unfortunately never made it onto the short list. I understand you have to wait at least 6 months before applying again to the regulars. But do i have to wait for 6 months, if i wish to apply to the Specials.

    • 9 replies
    • 431 views
  13. Bilie
    Started by Bilie,

    Hey guys I'm new and looking for advise,will be great to hear lots of hints and tips.I have recently attended day 1 and passed with great marks on the interview on all competencies but failed written test,which i was very confident at! Does anyone know which book guides or any other tip how can I pass my written test,is it wise to buy those Richard Mcmunn books,or shall I attend day course. Looking forward to hear from you. Happy holidays Bilie ;-)

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 538 views
  14. DanTheOutlaw
    Started by DanTheOutlaw,

    I have an informal interview tomorrow to be a Hertfordshire police community volunteer. As it's informal what should I expect on the day that would be different from a regular interview? At the moment I'm very nervous about going and it was so long ago that I applied that I've forgotten the original job description. Should I go in a suit and tie to impress the interviewer who will see I'm making a big effort despite the fact that it's just informal? I've got no indication of what will happen on the day other than, "come to the police station for a chat to help us find out more about you and the roles available."

      • Like
    • 42 replies
    • 2.6k views
  15. operationfirestorm
    Started by operationfirestorm,

    Let us imagine for the minute.... the following; Dilema.... Dilema. So you get offered two jobs. 1.) Full time PC 2.) Immigration Enforcement Officer role (ICE) Now what do you think you would do? Is one role better than the other? I am trying to weigh up the pros and cons of each role as they are both roles that I would do/want/be very happy taking. The pay is different on entry for both. Immigration would be more perhaps by about 7K a year. I am not choosing based on the wages alone thou. I am looking at the future possibilities each role might give me, where could each role take me, doors they could open. Job security. I obviously I know a bit about each role bu…

      • Like
    • 36 replies
    • 2.3k views
    operationfirestorm

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.