Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. mmst
    Started by mmst,

    In middle of applying for special constabulary, however one of my siblings is currently in prison, would this prevent me from working in the police? I personally have no criminal record, and have never committed an offense.

    • 5 replies
    • 394 views
  2. debrag
    Started by debrag,

    So I have applied for a PCSO role for the sussex police. I currently have to pick an interview date. Can anyone give me information on what a PCSO interview is like? All I know it's a panel interview which I hate I have a few more questions actually If all goes well = I don't actually live in the area at present, how long after an offer do you do training? or is training before an offer? I have just started a new job, won't it look bad if they are already being asked for references? How long can the process take, do they already have ideas on start dates for new recruits? Well defaults & a DRO go against me?

    • 5 replies
    • 3k views
  3. Formatted
    Started by Formatted,

    I failed the assessment centre in November and was told that they took my 6 month ban from the moment I applied which was on the 5th September. Sussex have opened recruitment till the 17th of January, any idea if I can apply? I certainly won't get to the assessment centre till end of March and thats what they don't want you attending am I correct? Have emailed recruitment but they haven't got back to me.

    • 4 replies
    • 503 views
  4. Dunkin Donut
    Started by Dunkin Donut,

    Hello all, happy new year to you. Quick question….. I've got my induction day in a couple of weeks time for the Specials. The letter doesn't state much about it, at this stage, but I'm told I'll get an email in time which will have more details. So, just to ask, can anyone tell me what the induction day should consist of? I think there's the hair sample (drugs test) but not sure what else? I'm with Devon & Cornwall.

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 631 views
  5. Sophfee_
    Started by Sophfee_,

    So I failed the bleep test the first time which was so frustrating because I know I could of done it but I just felt so faint after the level 3 warm up as I hadn't eaten or drank since breakfast so the actual test was a push as it was about 14:00 due to sitting around for the medical but I made it to level 5ish without missing a beep but then did't quite make it. Since then I've had 6 weeks to practise and train hard and I've been out running at least 3 times a week and trying some shuttles. I managed to do 33 shuttles in 2mins 50 (not sure if that's good) and the bleep test is 31 shuttles in 3 mins 40ish. I'm just sooooo nervous and just wondering if anyone has some …

      • Like
    • 31 replies
    • 2.1k views
  6. Cyndre1546081576
    Started by Cyndre1546081576,

    I'm hoping someone might know a good site to download an eye chart similar to what the police will use in the day 2 assessment. I passed my eyesight test for the specials back in April and my optician at the time said I'd 6/36 and everything seemed fine at the OHU. I've now applied to MPS and passed the day 1. I have my day 2 booked but am worried about the eye test. I had a check up today with Boots and it didn't go as well as I had hoped. The optician there said their chart only goes 6/38 to 6/30. I could barely read 6/30 but I could make 6/38 with squinting as it is blurred but just readable. The optician said much like my other one that I could be 6/36 but they can…

    • 8 replies
    • 1.7k views
  7. Matt 1
    Started by Matt 1,

    Hi guys I am starting my training as a PCSO in a months time. I eventually want to be a regular police constable. I am aware of a few neighbouring forces to me that are recruiting for student police constables this year. Does anyone know whether I would be able to apply so soon after becoming a PCSO or would I need to serve my contract for a certain amount of time before I can look for another job? Regards Matt

    • 10 replies
    • 814 views
  8. Bazinga
    Started by Bazinga,

    I'm currently in the process of applying to be a PCSO and have passed the interview stage and have been invited to the medical today. This is where my problem lies.... The only remaining slot for the fitness test is this Friday and I only found out today. I emailed them and they aren't planning on arranging any more any time soon. My current employer closes over Xmas and it's fully paid but the condition is that no one books any time off in the run up to Xmas so we can do all the work required to have the 2 weeks off. What would you do in my situation? I've googled it and am surprised at so many people suggesting pulling a sicky- I certainly don't want to do that or an…

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 668 views
  9. Gursx
    Started by Gursx +,

    I've got some questions on how I can excel to becoming a Police Constable. I'm currently 18 studying Extended Public Service (2nd year) and will achieve D/D/D*, I also went to Police Cadets for over 18months. Next year I'll be studying a degree in Law at university. Do you think my background, is acceptable for applying to becoming a PC? Once I finish my university I'll be doing my CPK so that's not an issue. Do any of you have any ideas on how I can improve my chances on becoming a PC when I do apply (probably 4 years, obviously depends on whether the force is recruiting). I was thinking about applying for the graduate scheme once I finish my uni and CKP, but I've al…

      • Like
    • 28 replies
    • 1.2k views
  10. Nwindy317
    Started by Nwindy317,

    Hello! First post here I've just applied to Cleveland police specials but I struggled to find references that were not employers. It stated that it should be somebody I have known for 3 years or over but I can't really think of anybody. The only person I could think of was my mothers ex partner who I am still in contact with who I have known for 10+ years. The other was a college from work but I haven't exactly known them for 3 years exactly. I'm not a social person and don't have anybody who isn't family ive known for longer than 3 years. What do I do?

    • 7 replies
    • 458 views
  11. Mpt
    Started by Mpt,

    Evening all, I have left a force last July and have now applied to a new force. I have gone through the normal process and have almost arranged a way to map my experience as I didn't realise a transfer process to this force existed, as such I have been offered a chance to cut down on my training to 12 days, including OST but they would like if I could provide a portfolio from IL4SC to prove I've completed it. Does anyone know how long one of those is kept for after leaving a force? Is it possible for them to email me it? Pretty strange question but just wondering if anyone was aware!

    • 5 replies
    • 352 views
  12. UKPolice
    Started by UKPolice,

    Hi all, Got my assessment centre for the regulars just short of 5 weeks away. Can you recommend which book(s) are best to read on to maximise my chances? I've already purchased The Definitive Guide To Passing The Police Recruitment Process by Phil Taggart. But it was published in 2010, anything more recent and better?

    • 6 replies
    • 439 views
  13. scottydog236
    Started by scottydog236 * ,

    Hi all, I am really interested in joining the police as a special constable but as well as my day job I also sing in club's/pub's at the weekend's. Would this be classed as a career that would not allow me to apply ? Also if not and I was successful in my application does anyone know what day's and for how long time wise the training take's. I would be able to do the four hour's a week minimum shift but I have heard that evening's and friday night to sunday weekend's to complete the training. I really don't have that amount of spare time and don't want to waste the police time apply if this is going to be an issue. Many thanks Scott

    • 9 replies
    • 581 views
  14. Sibzor
    Started by Sibzor,

    Title says it all really. I am going to have to go straight from work which means I will be wearing a tshirt and jeans. Is this ok or does it need to be smart interview type dress style?

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 677 views
  15. Freeslice
    Started by Freeslice,

    Hey guys Im currently under going vetting for special constable for west mercia police. I have noticed another local force is open for regulars and i was wondering am i able to apply? Also at what point would i tell either force?

    • 4 replies
    • 331 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.