Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Alcedema

    I am applying to join Norfolk Specials and it doesn't give any specifics regarding this. I have a personal friend who has moved to the Czech Republic and is now a teacher, with whom I still correspond. Would he still be eligible or would my application get rejected? Thanks.

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 306 views
  2. Nimbus
    Started by Nimbus,

    Hello all, I'm new around here and thought I'd say hello. Also, sorry if this is a re-post! I'm currently going through the Specials application process for GMP and I just passed my Fitness test yesterday. Really excited at the prospect of joining. I'm a bit worried about my BMI, though. I've seen on the forums a couple of different cut-offs for what is an acceptable BMI, and had some conflicting information. Apparently it's a 35 cut off in the Met for specials (32 for regs), but a strict 30 in other places etc. etc. Anyway; my BMI is a rough 30.5 - 31, I think. I've got a bit of a paunch, but I'm relatively fit for someone my size. I happily cycle to work and back ev…

    • 12 replies
    • 627 views
    special by name
  3. operationfirestorm

    Hello, I have been looking through endless forum posts specifically for financial vetting information. I am well aware of the need to have a clean financial record however I wanted to know what the situation would be for me as I suffered the dreaded identity theft a few years ago and I have spent absolutely months and months trying to remove all the sickening records that are in my name on credit reference company databases. I have now removed 22 out of 26 so only 4 left. It has been a nightmare trying to convince the companies that I was not the one who borrowed the monies but most once they see the evidence do remove the information. I actually reported my identity to …

    operationfirestorm
  4. Voljin
    Started by Voljin * ,

    I had sent off my application 1 week ago, I did not include an email address on the form because not everyone uses email, and I didn't want it on there. So I assume Ill receive a letter assuming that I get to the interview stage? Anyway... One of my friends applied, he apparently did a written test after his interviews and failed his application because he spelled one word wrong?? that seems a bit harsh, and so does waiting another 6 months to re-apply!. In the mean time I'm going to start revising the PIRT test and interview qualities, because I am fairly confident I will pass the fitness and vetting with no problems. I understand that you need to make it clear that yo…

    • 6 replies
    • 426 views
  5. Blancca
    Started by Blancca * ,

    Hello everybody, Just wanted to ask few questions, hoping you could help me with these. I passed day 1 and day 2 assessments and I booked my training to start on the 9th of February in Hendon. However I still haven't heard anything wether I passed the vetting or not??? Will they let me know or shall I just turn up in Hendon on the day?? Is there a number what I can call to check on my vetting status? Thank you very much Blanca

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 482 views
  6. TallAthletcLady
    Started by TallAthletcLady * ,

    Hi, with my KEE 3 only 3 weeks away, I was wondering if anyone could provide any scenarios/examples of Public Order Offences for sections 3, 4a, 4 & 5 or suggest a site where I can test my knowledge?

    TallAthletcLady *
  7. Spark
    Started by Spark * ,

    Good evening, I am currently completing the SC application form online, and I was wanting to double check how many years employment history I need to submit? The form does not specify, so I am assuming they require every job since I finished University? Please can somebody clarify for me? Many thanks.

    • 7 replies
    • 347 views
    operationfirestorm
  8. Dunkin Donut
    Started by Dunkin Donut,

    As the title says, there's a new recruitment drive starting on Monday 3rd February. Good luck peeps!! http://www.devon-cornwall.police.uk/NewsAppeals/14977

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 304 views
  9. Stephanie Convery
    Started by Stephanie Convery,

    Hi there, I'm filling out my application for my day 1 and have a quick question on tattoos. I have one large one which is on my hip so there's no problem there, but I have 2 small ones which may cause a problem. I have a small red love heart on the inside of my left wrist (smaller than a 5p) and the word 'jump' written on the outside of my right wrist, above the bone (private joke!). It's about 2cm in length so not too big. Does anyone know if these will cause me any problems? The heart is easily covered by a watch and I suppose I could put a plaster or something over the other one. Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks! Steph Oh, and I'm applying for Met regulars.…

    • 4 replies
    • 372 views
    Stephanie Convery
  10. JoeMac1986
    Started by JoeMac1986 * ,

    Hello, I've been thinking of apply to the Met Police for a while but I'm not sure how enthusiastic they would be about my job. I work as an investigative journalist - not covering stories about the police or the UK, mainly international development and non-profits. I've worked within confidentiality policies in the past and am confident that I could draw a line between the two roles. I can see how it might be a concern for them on paper though! I was just wondering if any of you have an insight into whether that would be a problem? I've checked the precluded occupations and have been in touch with the HR people, but they're taking a while to get back to me. I'd be inter…

    • 9 replies
    • 598 views
    majordax1546081125
  11. question-time
    Started by question-time,

    Not sure if this is the correct place for this question or not however i am in the process of joining the the specials and I have an appearance question . I am not fully sure on male hair regulations. As long as its off your neck and and ears and not in your eyes is there any rules?. As usually I have my back and sides clippered to a number 1 and left long on top with the top neatly gelled back. It looks smart and with no gel I have a fringe but it does not go past my eye brows it stops just before. Would this be allowed ?

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 624 views
  12. rhyshumphreys
    Started by rhyshumphreys,

    is it possible to transfer between forces as a special?

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 413 views
    morale_outbreak
  13. dsryan
    Started by dsryan * ,

    Hi there, I've decided to pursue a lifelong ambition into the Police. I'm 19, have a car licence and have a years worth of experience in security (working in high priority events, directly with close protection teams etc). Furthermore, I also do the doors on weekends in a nightclub. I think my experiences can only be beneficial, but have been told that because its a conflict of interests it may actually hinder my progress? Is this correct? I'm thinking of doing a course 'Entry into the Police Service' to potentially increase my chances of actually getting in. Has anyone done this course? Was it beneficial etc? Also, if you've already done your interviews, I've been to…

    • 1 reply
    • 327 views
  14. operationfirestorm
    Started by operationfirestorm,

    Last Day Before Assessment! Any last minute advice? I am practicing all tests and planned another 1hr session of role playing. 2 shirts ironed, shoes 'hot' polished, black tie ready. Car fuelled and positive attitude with occasional nervous smile ready.... :new_sweat: Oh and passport dug out.... What did you do the day before? Did I forget anything? I am on way to buy a stopwatch from Argos! Getting nervous and very excited now. :new_cry: :new_crazy: :new_cry: :new_crazy: :new_cry: :new_crazy: :new_cry: :new_crazy: :new_cry: :new_crazy: :new_cry: :new_crazy: :new_cry: :new_crazy: I bet you are all sick of me going on about the assessment! Sorry just very serious …

      • Like
    • 323 replies
    • 17.5k views
  15. MikeAlphaRomeoTango
    Started by MikeAlphaRomeoTango,

    Hi All, Not really any advice or anything, just wanted to tell everyone about my situation, I'm annoyed about this but sadly nothing I can do, Had force medical few days ago, everything was going well until I had my blood pressure taken and it was very high (153/98, 143/102. 142/107) and a pulse of 112 BPM! Never felt ill, never needed to have blood pressure checked before and I didn't feel nervous. Over the following weekend, I bought a BP Monitor and throughout the weekend was checking it, nearly every 5 mins lol, and it was perfectly normal (127/82 and eventually got 117/79 at the lowest point) OH said it may just be "White Collar Syndrome" but was advised to go to…

    • 16 replies
    • 644 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.