Specials
3667 topics in this forum
-
Can I be a paramedic and Police Special? I heard something about conflict of interest. Is anyone a Paramedic and Special and whats it like? Appreciate any responses. :new_thanks:
-
Hi, I am currently in the middle of the recruitment process for the Met's graduate recruitment scheme http://www.metpolicecareers.co.uk/graduates/how-to-apply.html and have passed the initial eligibility tests and taken the second batch of online tests (completed 6th Dec). Has anyone received an application form yet for the grad scheme? If yes, when did you complete the second batch of online tests? I have not received anything back yet. According to the website, if successful we should have received an application form Monday 16th Dec on wards, or presumably a rejection saying we are unsuccessful. I emailed the HR recruit address on Tuesday and have not been replied…
-
Hey guys, I'm having some trouble with the 'Competency Assessment' of my application form and thought I would come to the people who know what they are doing! Each time I come to apply I get my answers to where I think I can't go wrong, yet I never manage to pass this stage. I've recently left university with a BSc Hons in Crime and Investigation; a career in the police service would literally be a childhood dream come true (Cliche!) I currently work as a Poker Dealer in a Casino, Safety Steward at a Football Club and a Sales Advisor, and I seek advice from you on answering the new set of competencies before I balls it up again. The questions are as follows: Q1 Prof…
-
Where will I find practice SET papers and answers for the entrance exam. I have already completed the ones on Police Scotland's website.
-
So just before I applied to Dorset (October 2013) I look the time to check with my optician to see if my eye sight was within the 6/36 unaided as I new it must have been quite close. He said that my eye sight was right on the borderline but I should be fine. Today the time came for check up. He stated that my corrected sight was excellent. And I can quite easily read off the bottom line. However it is not the correct sight I have a problem with. It's my uncorrected, and it's gotten worse. So bad in fact that I can no longer read the very top line. I can barely read a number plate at 4 metres. So it's quite safe to say that I no longer reach the requirement for the unai…
-
Hi can anyone help me I failed last year on maths can anyone give me any advice Please
-
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster! I've applied for north wales police as a reg and after a very long application process (with 10 month gap because of a past back injury they wanted to make sure was fully healed) I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. The thing I'm confused about is that I recently got in touch with my referees as I thought they were likely to be contacted soon. However, one of them said she wasn't sure she could give a fair assessment of my character anymore as it's now been almost 4 years since I was at uni (she was my tutor). I got in touch with recruitment today to ask about changing for someone who knew me more recently but …
-
Hi I'm filling out an application form for a Police Staff vacancy and the following question is asked: "Have you ever been involved in a criminal investigation (whether or not this has led to any prosecution) or been associated with criminals?" The bit I'm concerned about is the "been associated with criminals"... Now I have never been in trouble in my life, I'm unknown to the Police. My concern is about my estranged father. I have disowned my father due to his troubling behaviour recently, I was wondering whether I should mention that he has had a couple of harassment warnings against members of the family? I've been told by members of the family (the victims) of thes…
-
Just wondering once application sent off for SC, do you hear outcome through email or letter?
-
Hi all, I'm wondering is it possible to register your interest in becoming a special constable before you are 18? A&S are currently continuously open for special recruitment, and I'd hate for them to stop before I hit 18. (I'll be 18 in two months). They have a form for you to fill out so that you can register your interest in becoming a SC. The form or their website doesn't say anything about having to be over 18 so I'm just wondering if I can go ahead? or if it'd be a waste of time? I know my chances of becoming one are pretty slim but I have a few friends that have managed to become an SC at 18.
-
One of my good friends is in service in the RAF but wishes to apply to become an SC. From my research it indicates the NPIA say no due to queens regulations http://policerecruitment.homeoffice.gov.uk/documents/npia-01-20112835.pdf However, that is for the army, for the RAF: http://www.raf.mod.uk/rafcms/mediafiles/96453ef0_abe4_1a8e_f5dffe866a594026.pdf I have heard of a serving SC with RAF Has anyone got any ideas why this is or has anyone else heard of full time RAF and SC?
-
Cumbria has announed its going to be opening recruitment on 10th March 2014. They plan to recruit 72 officers for the 2014/2015 budget. See the website for more details.
-
Currently a Special and have a PCSO interview on Thursday. Was just wondering if anyone has been through this lately and how much it varies from the Specials interview. Any particular topics they are keen on etc? Any info on what to expect would be appreciated.
-
Hi Just wondering does any work as a special and attend University? Would it be agreeable with the Met Police if I just volunteered during University Holidays and also weekends as and when I can. I am currently doing a course where I need to be on placement at weekends so would make it difficult to meet their 16hrs min requirement. has anyone else been in this situation? Thanks!
-
Looking for others who have applied for the intake in September, ive just submitted my application