Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. oMIKEYo
    Started by oMIKEYo,

    Hi people, Really curious on this one, i've searched the internet quite a lot regarding this but can't seem to find anything.. What effect does a juvenile referral order have on recruitment vetting? Or how 'serious' is it seen as? Mainly because a referral order is the only 'none criminal' (once spent) 'conviction' a court can impose... It's a tricky one. Cheers, M

    • 4 replies
    • 657 views
  2. tru
    Started by tru,

    hello everybody, new to forum ,but could I ask your help, I am trying to join specials but one of my references is not any good owing to a job I had in 2012 for six months were I got really bullied, picked on and had no friends the manager would do nothing (I am very smart, but just a little slow, takes me more time to learn things because I am dyslexic, but I am very smart) it was so bad that I took alot of sickness 21 days worth because the bullying was really bad then I resigned.the manager said to me that he would not do me a reference because I had worked their too briefly anyway I applied for another job in the same field later that year and the manager from my fo…

    • 6 replies
    • 910 views
    Policey_Man +
  3. SergeantAngel
    Started by SergeantAngel,

    Hello, I am a SC although would like to progress and go full time as a PC. I am terrible at Maths and verbal reasoning and was hoping for material that O could purchase/websites that I could get material off to prepare for a PC assesment for BTP or the Met. Tips? Suggestions? I am definitely being held back from applying due to this. Thank you,

    • 4 replies
    • 559 views
    Blackcountry boy
  4. Jas1988

    Hey All! Are there any specials on here that work in the security industry for their main job? If so what do you do and did it affect your application to the specials in any way? The reason I ask is because I do work security and I think my role will be a conflict of interest when it comes down to my application. I am willing to change my job as I would like to pursue a career in the police in the long run, however if I can still work security maybe just in a different sector of the industry I would like to.

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 476 views
  5. Kobe
    Started by Kobe,

    Hi, I know your not allowed to apply to a force again for at least 6 months after failing an application. But I am curious if anybody has ever applied again within the 6 months and if so how far did you get. Did they check if you have previously applied, did you get rejected automatically or did anyone even get in?

    • 8 replies
    • 745 views
  6. zee433
    Started by zee433,

    Hello, First post on the forum so dont have a go at me if i've posted this somewhere i was not meant to! Just sent my application off and was wondering what the pass grade/mark is for the SJT. Thanks.

    • 4 replies
    • 436 views
  7. BluesN2s
    Started by BluesN2s * ,

    Ok so I've searched on google for this and through the forums here and not found anything unfortunately. I have alternating exotropia (this means I can see through both eyes, but one of them points out, and I can only FOCUS one at a time, though I see out of both all the time, and I can freely alternate at will when it comes to choosing which eye to focus with. Really all this means is I get a very wide range of peripheral vision on one side). Other than very mild myopia, I have no other problems with my eyes, and neither of these things causes me problems in daily life at all (I can ride a bike and drive just fine). Will the fact that I have exotropia, or the combinatio…

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 380 views
  8. Deactivated
    Started by Deactivated,

    I went to and passed a SEARCH assessment centre in Oct 2012, has it changed since other than the updated competencies? I have just got through interview, initial testing and my final stage is National Assessment Centre, I am wondering of there's much difference? Thanks , Will

    • 7 replies
    • 533 views
    Wookie1546081346
  9. Aspiring MSC
    Started by Aspiring MSC,

    It's almost, in fact virtually impossible for some candidates to be successful in the recruitment process nowadays isn't guys? I'm a firm believer in ensuring that the right people get chosen but there are so many obstacles that have become a deterrent for working-class people. One's the CKP. Frankly the only reason why I'm going through the assessment process to join the specials is because I couldn't afford the grand or so to pay for this certificate course on top of all my other commitments as a student. Secondly the vetting. If you're from a poor background or a lone parent you're more than likely to be in debt just to maintain a lifestyle in Britain. So if you're …

      • Like
    • 44 replies
    • 1.8k views
  10. MMC
    Started by MMC,

    I found this document which may help some of you with the core competency assessment questions by giving you an idea of what to include. Personal Qualities.pdf

    • 10 replies
    • 809 views
  11. rob1506
    Started by rob1506 * ,

    Hi there, I was just wondering, I understand that tattoos have been covered in the basics of the recruitment section on the website, but it doesn't state anything about certain piercings etc. I used to have stretched ears years ago and have shrunk down to a smaller size but still have holes in larger than a normal piercing. It was a decision that I made years ago when I was young and didn't really have an idea of what I would like to do as a full time career. I would really like to take part in the specials and work my way into the police force but I have concerns about that this may hold me back. Thanks, Rob

    • 2 replies
    • 328 views
  12. lynsmc85
    Started by lynsmc85,

    Trying to work on my fitness. Is it true you should have rest days between run days? Rather than run everyday?

      • Like
    • 87 replies
    • 2.4k views
  13. 11rich11

    Can an applicant apply for two roles within the same force at the same time. I.e police officer and special constable? Regards Rich.

    • 13 replies
    • 661 views
    Policey_Man +
  14. SZ2
    Started by SZ2,

    I have been talking with a few members about their thoughts about interviews (for getting into the police; specials and regulars, for getting into specific areas of policing etc) and found a few feel like they know what they want to say but go to pieces under the interview setting. I thought might be good to start a topic where people could share what techniques or preparation they find useful to help them cope so we can help others who are stressing out Initially, I always find preparing as much as possible beforehand (researching the role/potential questions) is your best bet for confidence. It is also useful to put yourself under pressure by having mock interview se…

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 2.5k views
  15. Rydawg
    Started by Rydawg,

    Hello All, I'd appreciate your opinions on my scenario (months in bold to try and make the chain of events clear); I applied to be a Special, passed, began training in March last year and attested at the end of June. I will refer to my force as Force 1. At the same time in March, I applied for PC recruitment with another Force (Force 2). This continued through the process until I failed my final interview in August. In November I received a communication from Force 2 stating that there was a possibility that I could be reinserted into the next campaign (2014), at the final interview stage, provided I had not started another application to another Force since applying …

    • 5 replies
    • 724 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.