Specials
3667 topics in this forum
-
Hi everyone I'm going to apply to the join as a Special Constable for my local force. Unfortunately I was arrested 3 years for something I didn't do, to cut the story short after 2 months I was NFA'd. I obviously know I will need to declare EVERYTHING during vetting (Which I have absolutely no problems doing), however will this affect me in anyway in getting in? I was totally innocent and apart from this one thing my record is clean, I have no cautions or convictions to my name. Thank you for the help, guess I'm guess a little paranoid.
-
-
- 24 replies
- 1.6k views
- 6 followers
-
-
-
- 17 replies
- 1.2k views
- 5 followers
-
-
-
- 4 replies
- 2.1k views
- 3 followers
-
-
-
- 2 replies
- 647 views
- 2 followers
-
-
How did you know you were ready to take the plunge and to join the Police as a reg or a special? When researching about it, even with the stories about late nights, little recognition and high expectations from the public what made you join? Did you have to think a long time to join or was it a easy decision?
-
Evening folks I've got an interview coming up to transfer forces as a regular. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience of transferee interviews? Thanks for your help
-
A few months ago I was involved in a saga with TFL. I paid my fare with a contactless card during a contactless demo before it was rolled out to the public. I didn't have my supporting document with me to prove I was a trial member so when an RPI came on the train and couldn't prove I was what I was I for stuck on with a Penalty Fare Notice. Upon appeal/complaint I got my penalty fare overturned as I proved that I paid my fare and was indeed a trial member. Do I need to mention this to vetting on a form? Or do penalty fares not count?
-
Evening all. If anyone can help, I just need a little clarity on the past employment checks services' do during the vetting process. After finishing 6th form college back in 2003, I became a guitar teacher for a number of years until I decided to go to University in 2007 full time (graduated 2011). I have had many part-time bar jobs here and there between 2003 to 2012 (I have had quite a few, approximately 10). Some of which I left without any notice (because they were horrible places to work) and also these employers have most likely moved on from the establishments. Do I really need to state every single bar job including employers names and addresses etc, even thou…
-
Can you apply to two forces BUT THEN PULL OUT OF ONE so you only attend just one Assessment Centre? i. e you take whichever opportunity to join comes first? The whole point of applying to one force is to not gain an advantage in the Police SEARCH Assessment Centre as it's updated every 6 months. At the application stage you are marked by chartered psychologists, independent of the Police SEARCH/College of Policing/NPIA, and you are not privy to any of the current AC yet. Purely hypothetical but I would be curious to know if this has crossed anyone elses mind.
-
Hi all, I am in the process of completing my Special Constable application form and am a little bit stuck with answering the competency based question on diversity etc. I can think of a few examples, but feel they are a bit lame, as they are just every day things (for instance when I helped an older lady with her shopping....)... do you think this is the kind of thing they are looking for? Any help/ guidance will be greatly appreciated! Thanks! MC
-
I am currently a serving special, due to changes in my paid employment I have had to move to a new area. I contacted the constabulary in the area I have moved and submitted all the transfer paperwork including all my training records and assessment center scores from my old constabulary. The new constabulary have accepted my vetting, medical, fitness test and training from my old constabulary and say they are able to transfer them across without having to redo them. They have just invited me to a transfer interview. Is this just a formality (to check I'm not an idiot) or will it be something more onerous, does anyone know what I should expect?
-
I have been fortunate enough to reach the final vetting stages of my application after passing assessment days 1 and 2. However after recieving an email for training dates, due to certain circumstances I feel i might have trouble attending the days available. After much thinking, i am beginning to decide that right now may not be the ideal time for me to join due to these circumstances however definately want to seek a future placement within the met or as a special. The only thing im concerned about is will this decision impact when i apply again? I feel vary passionate towards the police and would hate to ruin a potential career.
-
- 5 replies
- 1.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi, Having decided to apply for the Specials, (instead of a f/t Officer at this moment) I was wondering if anyone could give me some info on what the actual reality of the role is really like. The website (police Scotland) states, they have 'similar powers to that of police officers' and that they 'work alongside our police officers' But what I'm looking to find out is are they just used as extra (dogs)bodies to 'pound the beat', and make up the numbers? or do they ever get opportunities to work / secondments in specialist departments? Are they part of the response team getting stuck in, or left to do the menial paperwork? I'm not naïve in thinking they g…
-
Hello, some advice would be appreciated please.. I have been a SC since August and so far done just over 170 hours. I've wanted to join as a PC for a while but became a Special to get some experience and knowledge of the job before I went ahead and applied. I now know 100% it is what I want to do. I am looking at applying when recruitment opens up next (I think it is around December time) but I don't know whether to wait til next year. Are they likely to decline me til I have more experience? Or doesn't it matter as people join without being a SC first anyway? It is a 2 year wait if I don't get through so I don't want to apply at the wrong time! Thank you.