Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. MMC
    Started by MMC,

    Would it be possible to apply for a graduate scheme if you are already a PC who has completed a degree part time? Just curious before I make the decision to move from full time education to part time. Thanks!

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 695 views
  2. antger85
    Started by antger85,

    Hello, I am currently waiting to hear about my appeal for my application being terminated. I believe that my appeal is very strong. The appeals process says you should hear back from them within 21-28 days. it has now been over 32! Has anyone been in this position? Who do I contact regarding this/ complain to? My life is currently on hold until I hear. Thanks.

    • 4 replies
    • 712 views
  3. Freeslice
    Started by Freeslice,

    I was jut wondering if anyone had any information on this or experienced it. I applied in 2012 to my local force as a special and ended up getting stuck in the middle of a resource share with another force and ended up having to more tests etc then my vetting took a while. I had a email at the start of the month after enquiring saying I had passed everything and theyl be in touch in 6 weeks time with details for the next training course which will be in July, they've now today opened up external recruitment for regs, I would like to apply but I don't want to have to start all over again to potentially lose everything. Has anyone got any advice or been through it?

    • 8 replies
    • 425 views
    Administrative Account
  4. KopiteDW
    Started by KopiteDW,

    I've applied to be a SC but a few months prior I had registered interest to become a retained firefighter & had not heard anything back until today when I had a letter about doing the national firefighter selection tests. I have read previous topics stating that you would need the permission of the Fire and Police chief to undertake both roles? Is this true? I've also read threads stating that being a retained FF is no longer on a "precluded occupation list" If anyone has any definitive answers about this it would be great as there are contradicting posts about Will

    • 15 replies
    • 743 views
    Jeebs1546081084
  5. iansmith181
    Started by iansmith181,

    Does anyone know anywhere online that I can practice the sort of tests done at assessment. Basically just maths tests and the scenario judgement type tests. Obviously I could easily google a generic maths test, just wondered if anyone knows of a place to practice assessment type tests.

    • 2 replies
    • 346 views
  6. sparkydale

    In a PCSO application form I have, the following question is asked: "Please give details of any previous or current applications to any police force in the UK, for example, for a police officer, police community support officer, special constable or support staff." I obviously understand the 6 month rule for PCs (due to the Assessment centre) which I assume is similar for PCSO and Specials (?). But surely, the question should be "Have you applied... in the last 6 months?" and surely each assessment centre is different as the requirements for a regular PC are (rightly or wrongly) different to that of a special or a PCSO? Am I missing something, or are previous unsucc…

    • 0 replies
    • 414 views
  7. Abby.louise
    Started by Abby.louise,

    hello i am wondering if me being a peer mentor and going through fire drills with the new children to our school would be classed as delivering an important message Abby

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 631 views
    Administrative Account
  8. Boots
    Started by Boots,

    It's been a while since I've sat down and revised so to speak, and It is all a bit daunting. I'm about to start revising and reading up on the A/C to become a PC. Just wondering how people split up their revision and times? Any tips appreciated

    • 7 replies
    • 683 views
  9. MMC
    Started by MMC,

    I'm just curious. Would you fail your medical by being over the maximum BMI if you were a body builder? From what I can see they just outright deny anyone above or below the limits they have set, but surely someone who is mostly muscle should pass this?

    • 3 replies
    • 451 views
  10. Sir Penguin
    Started by Sir Penguin,

    Before you specialise in a particular department, eg. traffic, you have to be a regular for a minimum of two years which is your probationary period, yes? So I was wondering if you're a serving special for over two years, and then become a regular do you skip the probationary period or do you start again as though you were a completely new recruit?

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 1.2k views
  11. Cameron
    Started by Cameron,

    Hi I'm 17 and I'm currently doing my A levels and I'm quite interested in policing, so in the future I would like to eventually become a Police Officer or work for the Border Force. One of my family members was in the police and I did a work experience with the police last year, so I do know a bit about recruitment etc. I know that at the moment many forces don't ask for academic qualifications, although recently some have started asking for A levels or CKP or you have to have been a special for a few years. However, I don't really want to put all of my eggs into one basket and limit my career choices so I want to go to university after my A levels and perhaps study P…

    • 4 replies
    • 490 views
  12. officer wannabe
    Started by officer wannabe * ,

    Hi Just finishing uni next year and my local force will have openings till next year. The dates fall in perfectly. I'm worried about one thing. My family. Members of my family have been convicted of fraud though it was a non custodial sentence as long as she payed it all back (that was the terms). After they separated I live with mum now. I have no debts or any trouble with the police at all. I also have mild asthma which never gives me issues, do have a blue inhaler just in case, but can run 3 miles without any problems non stop I meet all entry requirements, actually succeed them at all high grades I also have a massive range of technical skills ranging fr…

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1.4k views
  13. Captain11546082779
    Started by Captain11546082779,

    Hi all thought I'd explain a ridiculous situation I'm in for your comments/advice. I found out recently that I had failed Security Vetting for the role of a Police Constable. On being initially stunned, I called Vetting and they were really helpful. It would appear that many years ago whilst I was still in the Forces I applied to an outside agency for employment which meant I had to go through a higher security vetting clearance by way of interview. I answered all questions asked of me to the best of my knowledge and completely told the truth. I didn't get he job and got a refusal letter which didn't explain the reasons for refusal, end of. Instead I left the Forces jo…

      • Like
    • 33 replies
    • 4.9k views
    E29NP1546080952
  14. Boots
    Started by Boots,

    Hiya folks, Does anyone know if there are any planned recruitment books for the new process and competencies?

      • Like
    • 43 replies
    • 1.6k views
  15. lynsmc85
    Started by lynsmc85,

    Hi everyone i have my fitness test next week was wondering what i should be eating and drink before i go running? And what not to...

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 767 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.