Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Guest1
    Started by Guest1,

    First off, I'm new on here, so hello everybody. I recently attended an assessment centre to become a special constable. In the competency based interview air had solid answers for all the questions except one, which was very specific and caught me off guard. I had to think for a couple of minutes on the spot to come up with an answer, which I did, however I realised whilst giving the answer that I couldn't really remember the specifics of what happened and what was said and had to fill in the blanks with what I thought happened. Worse still, I realised in the middle of talking that I wasn't sure if I actually did what I said I did in the situation - I simply couldn't re…

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.4k views
  2. Lego1546082303
    Started by Lego1546082303,

    Hello, I'm finally thinking about applying to become a special. However, in another thread, I saw that it was mentioned that the application form/ interview process has changed. This was in the Northumbria section and I was just curious if anything has changed for Avon & Somerset? I've researched a fair amount about the recruitment process to try and prepare myself as best as possible, and then I learn that it may have changed! Does anyone know if it has changed for other forces and if so what? Thanks.

    • 1 reply
    • 329 views
  3. liambaker996
    Started by liambaker996,

    hi, I just wanted to share what i have done tonight , I attended a presentation evening to give me a better insight into the specials! and did it! yes! to anybody looking at joining i would higly recommend going along to one.... just about to print out my application to get it sent off! Liam

    • 5 replies
    • 404 views
  4. sparkes

    Application sent off for 21st feb 2014 closing date. Anyone else in the same boat?

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 1.3k views
  5. lynsmc85
    Started by lynsmc85,

    Hi can someone tell me what is involved in these assessment days, hear it a lot on here for different force, but police Scotland do things differently and don't have assessment day unless this is same as SET exam

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 528 views
  6. Dewboy19
    Started by Dewboy19 * ,

    Hi all just a quick question, has anybody recently attended a PCSO assessment day for Kent police. I was wondering what happens as I have heard different things from different people. What kind of tested etc do you do and what are they like. Not looking for answers to assessment day just a heads up of what to except if I get that far. Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 450 views
  7. ~Shaun~
    Started by ~Shaun~,

    Hello guys i heard about this forum so thought id join to ask some questions. Seems like a nice place! I have my SC assessment in march. I have booked it at 8:15 so i dont have to wait all afternoon to start interview, I am going to by the book a few people have recommended... "becoming a police officer". i Would just like to know if there is any role play involved in the assessment? i heard that there wasnt but i would of thought there was? Im still waiting for my booklet but that should come soon. as i only received an email saying im on the shortlist 2 days ago. Also shirt tie and trousers will be suitable for this wont it? Seeing as we want to show we can look sm…

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 982 views
  8. Scustevie
    Started by Scustevie,

    Hey guys. First time posting here. I recently applied to Devon and Cornwall police (about 3-4 weeks ago) to join as a special and haven't heard anything back whatsoever. No Emails. Phone calls or anything to tell me at least that I'm unsuccessful. I saw on a few other threads that people had received emails/letters and I'm just wondering why I haven't. I've recieved no news as to any problems or issues they've had regarding my application. Has anyone else not heard anything back? Should I call them? Any advice or knowledge would be ideal right now. Thanks guys.

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1k views
  9. Zerotolerance
    Started by Zerotolerance,

    City: London MSC I've sent in my application, been invited for the day 1 assessment (narrowly missed the passing mark for the interview but passed the written, they're re inviting me for the interview so I should ace it this time). From what I've heard, after that there is the day 2 assessment with the fitness test and other stuff. But I'd just like to know what else would be left afterwards and how long it would take, will I be required to pass vetting? (I'm assuming this would take even longer). Also with the training, I'm a student so doing the intensive training wouldn't be an option for me unless it was during the summer, do I get to choose the training dates? …

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 574 views
  10. giddens
    Started by giddens,

    The jobs is open for applicants. Merseyside Police are currently recruiting for a Chief Officer for the Special Constabulary. Having key responsibility for the management and development of all members of the Special Constabulary, the Chief Officer will provide the link between the Special Constabulary and Chief Officers & Basic Command Unit's in order to ensure that Organisational and operational requirements are met. This opportunity is open to existing members of the Special Constabulary and non-warranted applicants. In addition serving Police officers are eligible to apply, however are required to have submitted their resignation / retirement from this role, pr…

    • 1 reply
    • 520 views
  11. Mike Lima
    Started by Mike Lima +,

    Hi, I'm currently filling out an application to the Special Constabulary of Police Scotland. Reading the vetting form, I noticed that there was a question on current debts and loans. As a student, I am currently in debt to the Student Loans Company in England. Is that something that needs to be declared on the form? That debt is still growing as I am still a student. Secondly, the application form requires at least one reference from a current or previous employer. Is it possible to use two academic referees from university? This is because I'm currently unemployed and I've not held down a proper job. Thanks in advance for your help! Kindest Regards ML

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 413 views
  12. xand_xand
    Started by xand_xand,

    Hope some of you guys can give me your thoughts on this please: I am a currently serving special constable (don't wish to say which force but its not London or anywhere near)... I only say this because I underrated these forces have already laid out their prerequisite before applying...i.e. must have knowledge of police cert). I am wishing to apply for the regs once they start recruiting again... but I am caught in 2 minds as to what I should be doing in the mean time regarding qualifications. I am in my late 30's (so not young young) and im considering doing this Certificate of knowledge in policing I've noticed however over the past year that forces are either askin…

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 617 views
  13. genkville
    Started by genkville * ,

    Afternoon, Anyone know if sickness with current/previous employers is a factor with the force considering your special application? I've not see anything on the FAQ's nor the application itself. Applying to SYP force. Also, did anyone here attend the 10th march presentation held in Barnsley? (should probably post this on SYP forum but it seems quiet). Ta

    • 5 replies
    • 372 views
  14. donna89
    Started by donna89,

    Hi all I have a couple of questions I'm hoping someone can help me with. I have my medical for police constable on Thursday which I'm really nervous about and I just wanted to ask some questions:- 1 - I note the BMI is 15-30 my BMI is at 30.4 is this something that is likely to fail my medical given that I'm only just over? 2 - the eyesight test they conduct is it the same as the eyesight form you complete when you do your questionnaire i.e. 6/36 without glasses and 6/6 with glasses? 3 - do they fail you if you say that your a smoker? The bmi is the biggest worry for me I went on holiday last week which didn't help I don't think I'll be able to get it down in time f…

    • 3 replies
    • 475 views
  15. genkville
    Started by genkville * ,

    Morning guys, I'm moe, 24, working and living in sheffield. I'm looking to apply for the SYP specials constabulary. I have a question when filling out the crime record history. Basically, when I was 17, I was out with some mates in the city centre. This guy was with us and he was taking requests for things we wanted stealing (games/cd's). Like an idiot, I tell him I want that game/cd.... security catches us and police are called. I get booked in and interviewed. Admitted that I did not steal but did tell the other guy to nab something for me. It was a stupid mistake and after the interview, I received a warning. Since, I've never been involved in trouble other than a …

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 516 views
    Administrative Account

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.