Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. SierraTango93
    Started by SierraTango93,

    My enquiry concerns the 'Previous applications to Police Forces' vetting question. In September 2013, I applied to Lincolnshire Police Constabulary (Regulars) but was unsuccessful at paper sift stage. (6 month wait has passed) But; In January 2014, I then applied for Humberside Special Constabulary and subsequently failed at the assessment centre. Currently, I have just passed the application / interview stages with Lincolnshire Special Constabulary. Does the 6 month wait apply for different police forces? Regs are stricter I've come to believe, but does this apply for the Specials? Very worried if my application is void. Emailed vetting department, but what is th…

    • 11 replies
    • 706 views
    SierraTango93
  2. ThursdayNext
    Started by ThursdayNext,

    Have my vetting/security forms through. I have a couple of questions: 1. I have, in my life, had 3 x SP30's for speeding. One is still on my licence, as I haven't got round to getting it taken off, the other two are long gone. Which basically means I know I've had them, and will declare them, but only know roughly when I got them (approx year only -I've been driving since 1996, so a long time!) Is this going to be an issue? I will obviously declare all 3, but can only give specific info on one. 2. All military service. I was, briefly (for about 9 months), in the TA. I left because I moved to a new area without a unit. Again, a long time ago, more than 10 years. I know…

    • 4 replies
    • 496 views
  3. lynsmc85
    Started by lynsmc85,

    Can someone tell me how i would work these out?

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 493 views
    Nelson1545926257
  4. Jon1203
    Started by Jon1203,

    Hi all, I passed the paper sift stage of the specials application process in January this year and I was told by HR that it would be around April time when I'd receive my assessment centre date. The force I have applied for is in the area where I attend university and live during term time. I'm now home for easter (which is an hour away from my university) for three weeks. The address HR has stored is my university property. In general, when you are contacted regarding the ac, do you receive an email as well as an info pack sent to the address? Thank you in advance.

    • 9 replies
    • 561 views
  5. apearce91
    Started by apearce91,

    I have got my fitness test for Devon and Cornwall special constabulary in a week and was wondering (even though it sounds odd) what is best to wear for the swimming test. I'm female and only have a bikini, but is it prefered that you wear a proper costume or shorts and T-shirt?

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 740 views
  6. jackgmp
    Started by jackgmp,

    Hi I am currently applying for the specials, I don't have the best eyesight, can anybody tell me what the requirement is without glasses and is there anything that can be done if I don't pass the test of sight without glasses or contacts?

    • 9 replies
    • 537 views
  7. lynsmc85
    Started by lynsmc85,

    Can anyone tell me where i can but practice papers for SET. I've completed ones on Force website but need more practice.

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 429 views
  8. BobBobBob
    Started by BobBobBob,

    Hi I'm hoping to apply as a Special or Regular, when the next recruitment phase takes place for my area. A quick question. I've a good credit score, but some 12/13 years ago, I had my name put on as a guarantor for my then girlfriend. As of the past few years, I have been hounded with letters from a nasty collection agency, for her debt, but there is nothing to link me with this debt on my credit report. I've spoken to Equifax who have confirmed this also, along with Citizens Advice Bureau. I've written to the collection agency, yet they won't respond to my request for original documentation and just keep sending out the nasty letters. To add to the matter also, t…

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 550 views
  9. schiffty
    Started by schiffty,

    Hi there everyone! Just a quick question, I'm due to start my training with thames valley in May/June, and I was informed at the assessment day that it'd consist of 8 weekends of training. Unfortunately due to a few circumstances, ive worked out that it looks like I may end up missing 2 out of those 8 weekends now. Is that bad? What do I need to do? This can't be uncommon seeing as people are bound to be busy Atleast one of those 8 weeks? Any feed back would be appreciative please! Thank you! I should add that this is training for the specials!

    • 8 replies
    • 517 views
  10. lynsmc85
    Started by lynsmc85,

    Need some advice or help with the numeracy set papers. I'm struggling big time

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 592 views
  11. Alcedema
    Started by Alcedema,

    I'm assuming the default would be for a white shirt/black tie, but is there any strict dress code for your warrant card photo? I have my session on Thursday (right before my medical) and so far no one has mentioned what to wear. Thanks!

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 970 views
  12. Breezy
    Started by Breezy,

    HI guys, I been waiting about 18 months for this ,,, I applied to the met first time and failed on the first stage because I had been living in ignorance considering when I was younger I got arrested and the officer at the time told me when I am over 18 it will be gone ... now I applied again keeping in mind i failed the first time for failing to mention. I got through every single stage up until vetting and this all took approximately 18 months ,, the Vetting Unit failed my vetting I appealed and within 3-5 days I got reply saying that they'll stick to the same decision and they told me that it was under data protection ... now my issue is after looking at previous candi…

      • Like
    • 32 replies
    • 2.6k views
    Administrative Account
  13. Murtaugh
    Started by Murtaugh +,

    Hi all, I've had my uniform fitting and I'm due to start training on the 9th April for the Specials. When I attended the fitting they said that the uniform will be sent over on the 14th April which will be after I complete my first evening and weekend; is that normal?

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 831 views
  14. schiffty
    Started by schiffty,

    Hey there! I was wondering whether someone could help me out seeing as I'm in a little bit of a caffufle. I'm currently in the running to be a special with Thames Valley after passing my assessment day about a month ago. I'm 18 and uni is very soon approaching. My problem stands with the fact that I don't really want to do the course that I've applied for, and came across the option to do the foundation degree in policing with either oxford Brooke's or bucks uni. That can be topped up to a BA if I chose to. So my question is, would it be worth doing this course whilst being a special with thames valley? Is it worth it? Or would it be best just to continue my route …

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 756 views
  15. Rosemary
    Started by Rosemary +,

    Hi All, I've noticed that over the last couple of weeks threads concerning vetting have been on the rise. Just thought I'd post a reminder that there's a lot of vetting info on this thread here which is also pinned in Recruitment: http://www.policespecials.com/forum/index.php/topic/138010-your-guide-to-vetting/page-7#entry2598316 The more posts on this thread the better as it keeps them together. However, regarding individual cases it is very unlikely that anyone on here will be able to give a definitive answer as the decision rests with the force in question. Thanks everyone :D

    • 1 reply
    • 378 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.