Specials
3667 topics in this forum
-
I've been following this site for a while now and eventually decided to go ahead and apply to become a special in the West Yorkshire area. I thought my chances of success would be quite high given that they're on a recruitment drive at the moment and that of course, being a special is a voluntary placement. Unfortunately that wasn't the case and I failed the short-listing at the CBQ (competency based questions) section. I have little doubt in my mind that this is due to my land of work experience (i have none) and so all I was able to blather on about was my experience at university (I just finished my first year there). It'd be really awesome if anybody would be willing…
-
Just a quick question. On the prohibited occupation list it lists "Immigration Officer". Since the merger of customs and immigrtaion, things have changed. It used to be: Immigration Assistant Immigration Officer Immigration Officer Chief Immigration Officer and Customs Assistant Officer Executive Officer Higher Officer However under Border Force where a lot of officers are trained in both Immigration and Customs.The new rank structure is: Border Force Assistant Officer Border Force Officer Border Force Higher Officer Being a Border Force Officer trained in both roles, would I be able to become a special?
-
Hi guys I have just finished Uni and have been offered a job in a bookmakers, now I know gambling is 'frowned upon' in some quarters so I am just wondering if it would ever impact me in becoming a special or regular. Thanks in advance for any response. Dan
-
I have completed the online Apollo assessment application on the met careers website when there where vacancies up. I completed the Apollo online assessment consisting of the constable realistic job preview and constable eligibility screen. Following the completion, the Apollo section updated as 'completed' but I don't know what happens next? There should be stage 2 with the only pre-application questionnaire thing? I can't find it anywhere though... I am really confused :s I even attempted to email the person in charge of the Apollo, since I was provided with an email. They never got back to me and it has been a week.
-
Hello! So I have my medical coming up and, to be honest, im very worried. My vision is not the best by any stretch of the imagination as its -3.00 in both eyes for my contact lens subscription. I feel there is nothing i can do to prepare and just find myself in a sticky situation where i just dont know what to do. I'm sure i am not the only person who has had this problem, any advice? anyone else got similar vision? Thanks
-
Hey, I'm just wondering if anybody knows if any Police forces are going to start recruitment from next month or so. I recently failed the assessment centre by a few marks on the written task and they didn't consider my dyslexia ( found out I was dyslexic the day before and was too short notice for adjustments). However I'm wondering if any forces will be doing the 2:1 degree fast track possibly? Thanks for any help in advance, TowerPower.
-
Hi, Does anyone here currently undertake this role? What are your core duties, and how varied is the role?I have an assessment centre day and was hoping to hear first hand on what the day to day life is like within this role. Thanks for reading
-
If you have completed all initial tests/interviews and your application has been put on hold due to cuts for over a year, would you be made to retake the PIRT? As far as i'm aware it expires after a year. It doesn't concern me, however i'm just curious.
-
Ok hey everyone, First of all i'd like to thank everyone on this forum for helping me with a variety of topics regarding the police including all questions i had. I went in for my assessment day and started with tge interview. I nailed it as i had prepared 110% for it im pretty sure i got As or at minimum B's for everything as i had adapted my answer according to what they were looking for (as stated in the appendix). The STJ was ok as it was common sense but i did ok/good in this. I messed up though... With the report writing we were given 20 minutes and i had spent 15 minutes planning completely oblivious to the time! I wrote literally a 2 or 3 line paragraph for…
-
Just heard today that I have my AC on 9th July at Ryton. Anyone else got it that day?
-
Hi guys I know it is stated that you should not apply to more than one force at once however is it possible for a force to find out that you have applied to another one? If so how? I know this is an integrity issue but I have been invited to the assessment centre with a neighbouring force and now the force I really wanted to apply for is recruiting. If a bin my application now and apply for my chosen force and don't make it through the interview with my chosen force I will be kicking myself as I would have lost a chance of getting to the assessment day which I have already made it too on the currently running application. On the other hand I would still like a shot at m…
-
hi all new here so sorry if ive posted in wrong section anyway I've joined to look around and ask a really important question. I have always wanted to join the police since i was a wee young one , but a condition I had when I was younger has made me worried and kept putting me off from applying . I even have an HNC Police studies qualification but still haven't went for it . anyways the condition I had was called perthes disease. http://www.patient.co.uk/health/perthes-disease-leaflet when the ball and socket of my right hip deteriorated. had a metal place and screws put in place until it grew back and then had them taken out again. I do experience some hip pain …
-
I've been wondering about this, it may seem a ridiculous question, I know a lot of people get hayfever but I'm unaware whether you are meant to declare this as part of the medical process. I get it, but of course it only affects me for a few months in the summer. I don't want to not mention it in case it does affect me in any way whilst carrying out duties, but then again it's such a common thing that's not really a medical condition as such? Can anyone shed any light on this please. Thanks
-
Hello Everyone. Just Want to say a big thanks to everyone on this site! I failed my PIR a few years ago and was massively sad and upset along with loosing lots of confidence. Last year i went back to school, gaining my GCSEs (A* in english :new_shades: ) and felt ready to go at it again. I decided to go for the specials first, to get a taste of police life and this forum was my first port of call! The site has been a massive help and really helped to calm my nerves! With the help of this site and a lot of hard work, i passed all of the tests and did well in my interview! Received my collar number today and will be getting my uniform soon! I know its not a question,…
-
I'm sure I read a similar topic before, but have been unable to locate it again. Basically, does anyone know where we stand on whether or not it is possible to have our details removed from these Electoral Roll Search websites, or similar? I have been very surprised by how easy it is to obtain people's details from a couple of the websites. I tried 2 myself, obtaining both my own details and a friend's…..It's a stalker's paradise!! As Police Officers, shouldn't there be a cause for concern with this? It seems almost too easy to find out where someone lives.