Specials
3667 topics in this forum
-
-
- 13 replies
- 4.5k views
- 7 followers
-
-
Hey guys, I'm writing my application for a special constable position as I type this, but before I send it off there is one issue in my head. In the summer I'm going to be taking my A2 exams (~June) as such I will be spending an increased amount of my time on those - but time which would be very flexible. I understand the training and the process leading up to it takes a long time (weekday evenings and weekends - are these variable or would I have to attend set sessions which I have no control over?), so I'd like to get the whole thing underway as soon as possible so I can get in some long hours over the summer when I'll be free all day most days before I continue life …
-
Hi, Can anyone tell me which forces DO NOT have a final force interview please ? Cheers Jonno
-
Hi there just wondering if anyone can help me with this question. I took my assesment day in jan 14 for a regular officer post and past successfully but have since been told that I'm on hold due to current budget cuts etc and awaiting a time to take my final interview having done all the tests presentation and fitness, I've been told this hold could be a while, so in the meantime I've decided to apply to the btp as a special. After getting through the initial sift I've been invited for another assessment day then fitness if I pass that, is there anyway that they would be able to use my current reg assessment score to prevent me going through it all again?? Sent from my…
-
-
- 4 replies
- 1.9k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi everyone would anyone know if a fixed penalty for shoplifting automatically dismiss my attempt to join the specials, The situation was at a supermarket when out shopping with my pregnat wife at the time and two small children at a supermarket, items that we didn't pay for were a scalf and a kids pair of shoes the scalf was under my wife's bag which we forgot about and the kids shoes were hooked on the bag holder of the trolly which the kids were covering with there legs, we only realised when we were escorted back to the security room that we didn't pay, We have never commited any crime until this unfortunate event but this shows on my subject to access report, P…
-
Hi guys, I am new and managed to pass my specials application and interview. I am going to visit my GP this week, but been told i need to pay a fee for my GP to look over my medical form? Is this correct?
-
- 4 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
-
- 33 replies
- 2.4k views
- 14 followers
-
-
-
- 4 replies
- 4.1k views
- 4 followers
-
-
I've attended my local PACT meeting (police and community together) on Wednesday it was my first one, before wanting to join the police I never even knew these happened, I urge anyone to attend these they are very informative
-
Does going up the ranks resign you to a desk 90% of the time or are higher ranks still operational based? (I heard a standard bobby chief inspector would probably be at a desk a lot but a chief inspector in say armed response is still quite operational?). Can you specialise in multiple areas? Are there units which incorporate much of the physical side and operational side of being an AFO with the intelligence / investigative side of CID / counter terrorism? (I heard that counter terrorism command has an armed operational unit - don't know if that’s true). Please excuse my naiveté. Thanks
-
-
- 15 replies
- 1.4k views
- 9 followers
-
-
Hi people, I have a question regarding the 6 month waiting period between assessment centre results. I haven't failed any assessments as of yet, but I was wondering if, hypothetically, I was to fail the Regs PC SEARCH assessment centre, would I have to wait 6 months to apply for the Specials? I know the SC assessment is a slightly smaller version of the Regs assessment, but I don't know if they are different in terms of content. I understand the content is re-written every 6 months. Many thanks.
-
Afternoon, Forgive me if this question has been asked before. Can anyone tell me if a spouse/partner with a criminal record would result in a failed vett? Is there a national policy or does it vary from force to force? Thanks Spent or un spent?
-
Is http://www.recruit-certificate-knowledge-policing.co.uk a trusted provider? I am just about to pay for my CKP and I was just wanting a little more information. Thanks.
-
-
- 12 replies
- 5.8k views
- 6 followers
-