Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Tonge16

    We had our training seminar last night for WYP specials arrived and showed or ID then had our photo taken for our ID card, we were then shown to the hall and we talked about training which you book online it's very flexible, days , evenings, or weekends and 42 units to complete with e learning to be completed before training day, we were told how to log on and register on the Web site, we were then given a unique log on number and it also had our collar number, first training is induction with DNA swabs and biometrics, hope this helps any new specials wondering what happens

  2. Cstockers
    Started by Cstockers,

    Hi, Please can someone advise me. I wear glass and contact lenses full time as I can not see very well without them (-3.0 prescription in both eyes) . I have received the application form and it asks if my eyesight meets the minimum requirements corrected and uncorrected I don't think that I would pass the test for the uncorrected. What has anyone else done that is in the same situation? should I pursue with the application? Thanks in advance

    • 10 replies
    • 968 views
  3. fishyflanker
    Started by fishyflanker,

    Hi, I have a police medical coming up for the PC role and was hoping someone had a bit more information about the medical. I have got a throat infection and have been desperately trying to avoid going to the doctor to get antibiotics, however it's been two weeks now and I think I best had (not taken days off work). The medical is at the end of the month and I was wondering if someone has any experience of the medical exam and if they know if by having antibiotics I will get pushed back/it will be frowned upon or questioned? I'm not usually Ill and usually very healthy so was hoping my own immune system could fight this one.... Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 286 views
    SB1231546082839
  4. danswans
  5. william89
    Started by william89,

    Hi all I'm hoping that someone might be able to give me a bit more information regarding government security check vetting. I know it's not strictly police vetting, but I imagine it works along similar lines. My main concern is whether or not my resignation from the police service is likely to cause an issue. I worked for the Met for two years before joining BTP as a trainee officer, but resigned over a disciplinary matter half way through the course. I know that this would cause problems when applying to other police forces, as PSD files would be obtained as part of the vetting process, however I am wondering if government security checks would be equally thorough. S…

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 758 views
  6. danswans
    Started by danswans +,

    So after 5 (almost 6 months) of training with Kent Police I have finally given myself some breathing space and almost achieved something I'd never think of. Yesterday at the Training school I sat my final exam out of 5 and passed with the highest score of the class, with 85%. The pass mark for Kent is 65% for those who are wondering. I've never felt so many emotions in one day simply because although I had passed the exam, it dawned on me that I only had 5 days to go before my official attestation.. But more importantly, it meant training with my fellow colleagues sitting in the room with me, some whom I now call mates, was over and we were about to go our separate …

    TheFlomeister +
  7. rizwan mayet
    Started by rizwan mayet * ,

    Hi, I am a British Asian of 21 years of age and i am seriously considering applying with the GMP (i live in the Greater Manchester region) for a role as a Special Constable. My personal background is i was a youth worker assistant (unpaid and voluntary) from 2012 to 2014. I've just completed 2 weeks with Morrisons and i am soon to be employed with Asda. I'm wondering whether my young age and lack of a work history so to say will affect my chances of being accepted as a Special Constable?

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 572 views
  8. Nee-nor
    Started by Nee-nor,

    It looks like theres a good chance ill need the joint on my first metatarsal pinning. I broke the joint about 6 months ago and im still getting pain when i run from friction. . If i have the operation and get it pinned but can still run and walk fine with no pain, will i be likely to fail the medical for the specials and regulars anyway? Any experiance with this sort of thing? Ill obviously have to apply in a year or so but its my dream to get away from my normal job and join the police. I know i can only find out by trying but im eager.

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 292 views
  9. Jmcc1712
    Started by Jmcc1712,

    Hi everyone, I have been successful at every stage of the recruitment process except the fitness test. Does anyone have any tips, what sort of training did you do beforehand to ensure I don't fail second time around!! Thanks Jess Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. ryanjlongman23
    Started by ryanjlongman23 +,

    Hi guys i have got my seminar date (26th Nov) im guessing once thats all done with il get a training date? Iv been accepted by West Yorkshire so not sure if the way they do it others will differ...Anyone from WY help shed some light so i can book time of work if needed? Thanks

    ryanjlongman23 +
  11. Tonge16

    Here is my recruitment timeline for special constable recruitment, autumn 2015 End June application sent 10th July received email application successful 15th July invite to assessment centre go online to book preferred day 15th August email with assessment centre information pack, Vetting and medical forms to print off and fill in and bring along with forms of id to assessment on 8th September 15th September email with assessment centre results... all passed 17th September request to book online medical appointment 15th October offer of appointment as a special, vetting cleared and all references back 27 th November compulsory training seminar at HQ …

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  12. Tonge16

    Just received an email to say I have been successful in all stages and invited to attend an induction evening on the 27th November really exited can't come soon enough!! yay

  13. Ryanp001
    Started by Ryanp001,
  14. miffy
    Started by miffy +,

    So I have my assessment centre coming up this week with Kent. Was told this: Your assessment will consist of the following: Competency Based Interview – lasting approximately 45 minutes Written Examination – lasting 1.5 hours I'm super worried now, because reading on all the info, Im super confused what the written exam consist of.Is it the verbal and maths, or is it verbal, maths and the report?

  15. JS_1546081258
    Started by JS_1546081258,

    Hello, About 2 months ago I finished taking a health supplement called Grenade thermo detonator (it's used for pre-workout energy and to help cutting) http://www.grenade.com/uk/thermo-detonator/ it's 100% legal BUT I've found that they've since brought out an "informed sports" version http://www.grenade.com/uk/informed-termodet-100-caps%C2'> the normal one can cause athletes and military personnel to fail a drugs test!!!! From what I understand before the drugs test you write down anything you've taken in the past X months, has anyone had any experience with Grenade specifically? I'm wondering if I write it down, they can test for whatever is in it that flags it up…

    • 6 replies
    • 840 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.