Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Lima Mike88
    Started by Lima Mike88,

    Hi guys I sent off my application just over two weeks ago and still have not heard anything. Is this normal for it to take this long or should I be worried ?

  2. profdriver
    Started by profdriver,

    hi ive written a few things i want to say regarding police specials interview. please can i have opinions? copied and pasted below. Definition of honesty Describe when you were honest: I was driving along an icy road and realised that vehicle behind was driving very close. Eventually he hit the back of my vehicle causing minimal damage. We agreed to settle it out of insurance and he trusted me that i will not be contacting my insurance company. I stuck to my words and didnt claim as promised. Being truthful is important as confidence in people as well as police should be maintained and secured. Integrity. A few doors away from where I live I was very suspicious that…

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 834 views
    Dunkin Donut
  3. Lima Mike88
    Started by Lima Mike88,

    Hi there , I'm currently in the processing stage of applying as a special in the Staffordshire police force . Anyone else in the same stage as me and same force / currently serving as a special in Staffordshire ? I've met a few specials in my town of lichfield

  4. Lima Mike88
    Started by Lima Mike88,

    I've sent off my application for a special and so nervous . I've been a door supervisor for over 6 years and becoming a constable has always been my dream job . Never felt so nervous to get a job I actually want. I feel I shouldn't be getting my hopes up but want to be confident at the same time . Any advice ? Sent from my HTC One_M8 using the Police Community App

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 450 views
  5. Zac Phillips
    Started by Zac Phillips,

    Hi, I'm currently filling out my application and I've gotten to previous employment and it says to provide a reason for gapes in employment but there is no given space for that, just for previous employers. Should I provide the reasons for any gapes on another page and attach it with the application?

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 586 views
    Zac Phillips
  6. Eebs
    Started by Eebs +,

    I was just wondering what is involved in the SC senior leadership course? Apart from needing to meet the other critera for the s/supt+ rank

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 521 views
  7. Noman94
    Started by Noman94,

    So, I have got to the referencing / medical stages of recruitment which i'm obviously pleased about. As with every stage of police recruitment there is complications and uncertainty. Police will be asking for references so I think it's only good manners to explain to my employer I may well be leaving in the medium term however I obviously don't want to resign (I've not got a job offer or a start date). I'm not sure how to approach this because i'm not sure how my boss will take it. On one hand we get on well but on the other hand I haven't been there that long and I did say I wasn't expecting a police career when I started the job (which was the truth at the time), al…

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 788 views
    Indiana Jones +
  8. Noman94

    May seem a silly question but my instinct says do refer to them as sir / Ma'am but then again I feel like this could come across as "creeping" and potentially rude to H/R staff in the interview. Definitely over thinking it but any (timely) advice is welcome

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 748 views
  9. Murtaugh
    Started by Murtaugh +,

    Hi everybody, Can someone advise of which date they use for the start of the six month's between application's? Thank you

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 528 views
    Policey_Man +
  10. thespecialmet
    Started by thespecialmet,

    Hi all I have my MSC AC day 1 and 2 on June 5 2015. Any advice would be appreciated. Anything I shouldnt do. Also what kind of person are they looking for. Thanks again

    DangerousDave50
  11. sk994
    Started by sk994,

    Does anyone who how I can transfer my score to another force? and which forces currently looking for SC candidates who's scored above 50%? thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 389 views
    matthewsics123 *
  12. MagicJohn
    Started by MagicJohn,

    About a year ago, I was involved in a bit of an incident with my girlfriend and a police officer took my name, address and date of birth.. before rushing off on the blue lights to a 'proper fight'. Basically what happened was my girlfriend had a bit too much to drink, got thrown out of a bar, I tried to persuade her to go home, she didn't like it, started shouting and swearing, kicking and slapping me etc. So I tried to restrain her and talk some sense into her. Someone saw this commotion in the high street and understandably called the police. They turned up after everything had calmed down and said someone had called 999 saying there was a man and women fighting. So th…

      • Like
    • 33 replies
    • 1.4k views
    Animal Mother
  13. neverever
    Started by neverever * ,

    Hi everyone Over a year ago I applied to my local force to become a Special Constable. Got through every test but failed the medical because I take anti-depressants. To put that in perspective, I passed every part of the medical but when I got to the last part (with the doctor), the doctor said "I have to fail you because you are currently on anti-depressant medication". Gutted wasn't the word (especially as I had disclosed my condition on my application form when asked, and had been told that it would be assessed at my medical). So, armed with a letter from my consultant psychiatrist (who I had consulted prior to starting the process) that stated in clear and unambiguo…

    • 4 replies
    • 643 views
  14. Murtaugh
    Started by Murtaugh +,

    Hi everybody, Is there a textbook way of challenging behaviour? I've been looking into it and trying to find the correct wording to use without either sounding too aggressive or passive. Thank you Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 409 views
  15. Carrot
    Started by Carrot,

    Just got back from my Day 1 test. Failed the written assessment. I'm slightly unsure why I would fail exactly. I was told (by one of the markers) that it was because I had 8 grammatical errors in my three pages worth of answers. That seems very steep considering out of 29 of us, three people, including myself, failed (The other two had only been speaking English for 2 years!). I was also a bit shocked considering I just got my degree in Law (LLB) with a 2:1, written papers and exams are a HUGE part of getting a decent mark. I did question the marker by saying that if I got 8 errors across three pages and failed then how does someone who gets seven errors across one p…

      • Like
    • 28 replies
    • 1.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.