Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. henrysmith
    Started by henrysmith * ,

    I am 16, looking to apply when I turn 18 into the specials, I am wondering if there is anything that I can do to make myself more employable when I am 18. Specific examples would be helpful. Thanks

    Lumpishhenrey
  2. Professsor
    Started by Professsor,

    I know you can't give specific, but I wondered. I have read through the core competencies and I have a real life example for all the areas, but I am a bit unsure of my diversity example. If I were to be asked about challenging someone else's behaviour regarding race and diversity I honestly can't think of an example. If it were a case of showing diversity myself, I believe I have a good one where I had to treat a female patient whilst respecting cultural and religious believes. Has anyone got any input or advice? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. Paul Kell
    Started by Paul Kell * ,

    Hi all, Regrettably I recevied a police caution this morning linked to a transport offence. I mistakenly had the wrong ticket type and in an attempt to avoid the penalty gave incorrect personal details (then the police got involved). Hard lesson to learn. I submitted an application for the Specials over a month ago now and haven't heard back as yet however I'm aware that something like this would normally come up during the background checks. Naturally I've answered "No" to having any cautions or criminal record because I haven't until now. Due to the timing of the situation I'm not sure how to proceed. Would it be best to contact the recruitment dept. and declare this…

  4. ne0beatsm0rp86
    Started by ne0beatsm0rp86,

    Hi everyone Basically i have applied to the special constabulary in merseyside, now what it is, is that over 10 years ago i had a few arrests, basically 1 was for drink drive which i was banned for 18 months with no points on licence and twice was arrested for drunk and disorderly. I have put on the application the arrests so been honest. But what im wondering is, I have read a few places anything within 5 years they say no straight away to on application for the likes of drink drive convictions, then other places 10 years. Has anyone who has got into the police had convictions like the above from 10 years plus ago and got in? Cheers Brian

    • 2 replies
    • 406 views
  5. Professsor
    Started by Professsor,

    So, I have applied as SC for Cambridgeshire and have the AC next week, and PCSO for Hertfordshire which I passed PIRT this week. Cambs, Herts and Beds have a joint recruitment team, I'd rather be a Special and wondered if a PIRT can be transferred? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    • 0 replies
    • 249 views
  6. Cupcake1546081362
    Started by Cupcake1546081362,

    The medical is the last part of my recruitment process now and I'll hopefully have it in the next week or so. I visited my GP 3 weeks ago and he signed off my medical form and agreed with everything I put and my optician signed off my form to say I have perfect vision so I know I have no worries. But through each phase of recruitment following the assessment day I've found myself getting worried about failing. I was worried about vetting even though I've never been in trouble with the police or had any financial problems, then I was worried about references even though I've always been a hard worker with a good sickness record, then came the fitness test that I got worri…

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 2.5k views
    Indiana Jones +
  7. Lima Mike88
    Started by Lima Mike88,

    Hi there , I just received a letter of refusal for a special because of the fact I have two forearm tattoo sleeves, they aren't offensive or crude in any way and they stop at my wrist. Is there anyway I can appeal against the decision or is not worth it ? I really am gutted , I put my all into the application and did 2 months of research before applying. Luke

      • Like
    • 30 replies
    • 1.7k views
  8. zelos
    Started by zelos,

    I've recently noticed that Kent Police are currently recruiting Specials who own a horse to work within the Rural Task Force. Does anyone know any more information about this? I know it sounds ridiculous but do you use your own horse? Or is this just for experience purposes? I don't think my horse will be quite up for the job if it's the former

    • 0 replies
    • 968 views
  9. d_rushby
    Started by d_rushby,

    Good morning all! I've got my assessment day on the 21ST and I'm currently completing my medial forms. Up until 2 years ago I use to struggle with mild health anxiety and would have appointments with my gp to discuss any concerns I had. However, so much has changed over the past few years, mainly having a huge focus on getting to where I am now and chasing my life dreams. I use to be on medication to calm my nervous down but this is going back a few year's. I couldn't be better now and wish I had just stopped all the silly behaviour in my past. I had a few sessions with a councilor, which helped greatly. I just hope this won't effect my dreams of joining the force. I've h…

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 687 views
  10. CameronS999
    Started by CameronS999,

    Hi, Been a long time since I posted. Last time was probably 18 months ago when I wasn't sure whether I wanted to take on a degree then join the regulars or just join without a degree. Well, I've taken the option to study Law at University. Does anyone have any experience of working as a special while at University. Would it be too much work or would it be easily manageable? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, CameronS999

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 837 views
    Lumpishhenrey
  11. fuzzdmedic
    Started by fuzzdmedic,

    OK i'm not looking for specifics but i have been told the questions in the interview phase of the assessment centre will be along the lines of those in the application form. however i didn't have to do an application form this time (i have tried before) and am worried that i will be asked questions i am not expecting. without going into specifics any ideas??

    • 2 replies
    • 515 views
  12. Immortal Technique
    Started by Immortal Technique,

    Hi I'm already a special but just writing on behalf of a friend who's trying to join. From 2010-12 my mate had a lot of domestic issues at his house whilst trying to apply for the Specials. He did get in but he failed the vetting. (took the force about a year to let him know). As such we have had to guess that the reason why he has failed is due to the said domestic issues at his address. 4/5 years later he is applying again and there has been no more domestic issues associated with his address or his parents who were the architects of the problems in which the police were called out to 4 or 5 times. Do you think the amount of time that has lapsed (without any problem…

    • 0 replies
    • 456 views
    Immortal Technique
  13. millar1594
    Started by millar1594,

    So what questions did you ask the interviewer when you went to assessment? Z

    • 0 replies
    • 362 views
  14. MetroBroadway
    Started by MetroBroadway,

    Hi all, I'm a serving Met MSC, transferring to City Police. Only thing holding me back is my colour vision test, I've done the basic colour test (pictures of dots and you've got to figure out what number / letter is hidden) which I've failed. There is a second test, the Farnsworth D-15 test, but this test is not very common and the only place I could find that does this test does it for £44. Question is, do I invest the £44 and go for the test - I assume I won't get this back as an expense? Can anyone advise please. Cheers

    • 2 replies
    • 338 views
  15. Dunkin Donut
    Started by Dunkin Donut,

    A topic, which I think, may or may not have been covered before. Does anyone know of anywhere, where you can get specific help with the Situational Judgement Test that is being done by some of the forces? I am literally at my wits end here, as I have failed on this particular test yet again. It is for Regular recruitment, not to be confused with the one that is done for the Specials, as I have passed that without any problem. I am happy to relocate to another neighbouring force, but, unfortunately for me, my home force and neighbouring forces (that I share the border with) all do these online pre-stage tests. As a serving SC, the last thing I ever want to do is st…

    • 4 replies
    • 594 views
    Dunkin Donut

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.