Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. w9a9k9
    Started by w9a9k9,

    Hi all. Firstly this is not specific to any forces but I need a few people to comment on what I should do now. I was a special constable with the West Midlands force having passed vetting without any problem, whilst serving I applied to join the regulars and after passing application, assessment, my application was rejected due to vetting. I noticed my brother was involved with people on the wrong side of the law and I couldn't stop him. I argued this with recruitment and they refused a to speak to me about anything saying they were unable to tell me as data protection prevented the information to be released to me. I decided to move away from the West Midlands hopin…

      • Like
    • 36 replies
    • 2.9k views
  2. Mitchell891546081023
    Started by Mitchell891546081023,

    Hi In relation to the BMI aspect of a Medical will a BMI of 32.0 give me an instant fail, or do they give you target dates to lose weight

    • 5 replies
    • 450 views
  3. Rolfuswithus
    Started by Rolfuswithus,

    Way back in 1991 I had just returned from the Gulf and on a night out in the town ended up getting into a fight with another guy. We were both arrested, appeared before the magistrates court the following week, and both received a £50 fine. Now I'm looking to complete my specials application, but have no idea what I was charged with or what the exact date was. Obviously I cant pretend it didn't happen, but the application form doesn't really give anywhere the opportunity to elaborate etc. Anyone have any advice what I should do?

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 573 views
  4. dungeon monkey
    Started by dungeon monkey,

    Hi guys and girls I have pre ordered a new book about police recruitment (the one from the chap from talking blues) anyone recommend any more books or DVDs ? More so ones that help break down the application and assessment centre. Any one used the how to become books and DVDs? Are they worth the money ? Many thanks Ps this is for reg recruitment (already an SC and DO)

    • 5 replies
    • 340 views
  5. Jaffers
    Started by Jaffers,

    Hello I applied to my local police force for the role of Special Constable but was refused security clearance without a reason being given apart from the Chief officer reserves the right to refuse appointment without giving reason. I appealed this and unfortunately failed my appeal. I wrote to the Chief asking if I will ever be able to become a police officer, I received a letter saying: " This will not prevent you from applying again in the future but in the mean time you could progress your career and develop your skills and abilities to enhance your CV in the future." I know nobody will know what this means, but your ideas on what he is trying to say will be apprecia…

      • Like
    • 32 replies
    • 3.6k views
  6. MartinH1546082754
    Started by MartinH1546082754 * ,

    Hello, I have asked this in the force specific forum as I am in the process of applying to the North Yorkshire specials. I have also posted here as the force specific forum doesn't seem to be very active. I have a defaulted account with Littlewoods (from a couple of years ago) payment plans are already in place and regular payments have been made through direct debit of the agreed amount, would this be enough for me to fail the vetting process or would it be passable due to there being a plan in place? Thanks in advance Martin

    • 5 replies
    • 393 views
  7. Matt 1
    Started by Matt 1,

    Hi guys There are two local forces to me recruiting for regulars soon and they are asking for applicants to express an interest first and you will receive an application when the recruitment begins. Does anybody know if I can apply for both forces at the same time? I will cancel one of the applications if I get past the paper sift with the other. Kind regards Matt

    • 2 replies
    • 267 views
  8. Alcedema

    Without pasting specific examples, I'm sure (at least, I hope) I have come across at least 2 errors in the Verbal logical reasoning tests (Test 3 Q25 and Test 4 Q7), just wondering if anyone has come across any themselves?

    • 1 reply
    • 359 views
  9. Alcedema
    Started by Alcedema,

    Hi, a query about the family background checks; my wife has not been in contact with her parents for many years now and therefore has no idea about their whereabouts. I have still put their names on the application form, but I am required by the declaration to notify all persons of the background check against their details - yet I will be unable to do so! Will this slow my application down considerably or get thrown out altogether? Will I get penalised if I don't notify them or do I not tick the relevant declaration and as such not complete the application? What to do, what to do? Thanks!

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 412 views
  10. DPM2013
    Started by DPM2013,

    Hello, Im just looking for clarification please on what entrance tests the BTP use for officers in Scotland. I need to clarify if its the - S.E.T (Standard entrance test, which is used by police scotland) OR P.I.R.T (Police initial recruitment test) used by forces in england and wales Can someone shed any light please ? I need to know so I know what to revise if testing dates come up. Any insider tips and advice would also be great Thanks again, DPM.

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 531 views
    Jeebs1546081084
  11. vinnie107
    Started by vinnie107 * ,

    Hi all, Ive just received an email saying my application has been successful for Northamptonshire police specials! Ive been invited to an assessment centre on the 15th of February and have some questions. In my email it stated that I need to bring documentation including a passport. I dont have a passport at all, would a birth certificate and full driving licence be sufficient? Im sure your all bored of this question, but dress code? I dont have a full suit, so would a smart shart, smart trousers and smart shoes suffice? Thanks :D

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 440 views
  12. CHRISRUDD
    Started by CHRISRUDD,

    Hi everyone, I'm new so i'm unsure if I have posted this in the correct area. I am applying for the regulars with Police Scotland. I have passed my initial interview and have been invited to take part in a assessment day with a short interview. Can anyone enlighten me with what to expect as this is a new force and everyone I have spoke to previously just had a final interview. Thanks guys.

    • 6 replies
    • 2.7k views
  13. Zerotolerance
    Started by Zerotolerance,

    Had my day 1 assessment, pretty sure I aced the written test but did poorly on the interview, wasn't prepared and I was asked questions where I've been put in a specific situation, and I haven't (only 18) so it was pretty hard for me to give good answers. Left the place assuming they'd never accept me but just got an email saying that I passed my written assessment but narrowly missed the pass mark for the interview. I'm just curious, do they take almost everyone? unless someone messes up badly? Also any advice would be helpful, I'm in London by the way. thanks.

    • 3 replies
    • 338 views
  14. Millhouse

    Police and Commissioner confirm recruitment of 450 new constablesWest Midlands Police will recruit 450 new constables over the next two years from April onwards, it was confirmed today (4 February). Potential applicants will be able to begin registering their interest by logging on to a newly launched area of the force’s website from next Monday (10 February). The current recruitment freeze, which has been in place for five years, will end and a new application process will open as the search begins for a fresh, new and diverse group of recruits. Police and Crime Commissioner Bob Jones said: “After nearly four years without any new officers, this is a great opportunity…

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 505 views
  15. Empire
    Started by Empire,

    Hello you lovely people Quick question, so far I had two version of stories from the Met about joining the specials as a rejoinee. I am an ex SPC from Met, i left nearly 2 month ago, resigned for good. Now i am thinking to go back, as i really miss it, miss my warrant card too. The question is, when i apply to specials, do i still have to undergo my Day 1? i have been told that, i will have to undergo day 1 and day 2 from the HR, but i called the recruitment and they said completely different thing, they said as long as i am in within my 10 month (not how they said it but you know what i mean) i will have to do my application and they will request a reference from my …

      • Like
    • 64 replies
    • 3.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.