Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. BluesNtwos
    Started by BluesNtwos,

    Hi everyone, I have been posted to a borough and begin training within a few weeks with the Metropolitan Police. I applied at 20 years and 6 months of age, and was accepted in October. However I have just turned 21 and feel as though I've left it too late as 20 would've been an ideal age to attest What is the average intake age usually on recruit training? Thanks

      • Like
    • 60 replies
    • 2.5k views
  2. Sloth1546082567
    Started by Sloth1546082567,

    I've seen a few threads like this before and I fancied a go. So here we are. Hopefully this will be of some use to someone thinking about applying. Information Evening – 7th October 2013 The first step in a (hopefully) long journey. An hour-long PowerPoint presentation which gave a thorough look into the role of Special Constable. There were also several serving specials and regs to answer questions as well as a couple of Special Inspectors. At the end of the evening we were given information packs including the application form. Application form in – 12th October 2013 After getting the application form we were advised to get it filled in and back to HQ as quickly as …

    • 2 replies
    • 625 views
  3. Matt 1
    Started by Matt 1,

    Hello everyone. I received an email yesterday from the recruitment team at BTP. This is the email: Good Morning Conditional Offer Following your attendance at our assessment centre I am pleased to inform you that you have passed all elements and we intend to make you a provisional and conditional offer of employment as a Police Community Support Officer in BTP. This provisional, conditional offer of employment is based on a number of conditions being satisfied. It is important that you understand that this is not a guaranteed offer of employment. The exact location of your posting will be confirmed once you have been given a formal offer. We also cannot confirm at…

    • 29 replies
    • 6.5k views
  4. CopperCopper
    Started by CopperCopper,

    Hi, I've got my specials interview tomorrow. I'm all prepared and ready to go! Any last minute advice to help me through would be much appreciated!! Thanks

    • 6 replies
    • 433 views
  5. AlexDaniels
    Started by AlexDaniels * ,

    Hi guys, I've applied to be a special in Leeds I was wondering how long does entire process take? what sort of time frame am I looking? reason I ask for example I want to be in best shape for my medical, i'm pretty fit as it is but I want to work harder and use it as an excuse to push myself. So basically how long is it between stages roughly initial application, interview, fitness medical etc? or how long was it specifically for you and what branch? I just passed the initial application on the website and it says I have to attend to assessment centre at end of January. So what comes after that? Many thanks for any help. Edit: I've also posted this in force specific …

    • 11 replies
    • 713 views
  6. Aspiring MSC
    Started by Aspiring MSC,

    Can anyone please shed light on these or point me to a website that gives scenarios? I just want an idea of what to expect, thanks.

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 436 views
  7. Lego1546082303
    Started by Lego1546082303,

    What distance is the eyesight test done from? from my understanding 6/36 is required and that doesn't seem too hard to achieve from looking at charts, but what distance is the test done from?

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 744 views
  8. Anglo-Saxon
    Started by Anglo-Saxon,

    Just an update for everyone...I passed my medical today! Thank you so much to everyone who has given me support along the way, it is hugely appreciated!

    • 4 replies
    • 377 views
  9. robfuller88
    Started by robfuller88,

    Hello all, This is my first post so please be kind. Today I got my confirmation from Kent police that I've passed the P.C assessment centre. Firstly I was wondering if anyone else has been successful and how they found the whole process (Personally I found preparation is the key!! and although it is a very strict and daunting process, the staff do their utmost to help you with the day, instead of trying to trick you into making a mistake like you expect). Secondly I've been invited to a senior officer interview at some point in January and I'm a little more unsure of what to expect with this. Is there any advice people could offer? It would be much appreciated.

    • 1 reply
    • 780 views
  10. oMIKEYo
    Started by oMIKEYo,

    Hi all, After a couple of questions id posted on here previous, my assessment centre was yesterday (Wednesday 27th) at Durham for the specials and all I can say is ARGGGGG!! First off written test - I managed to read, understand and write a large brain storm and negative and positive things etc on notes (unmarked of course), however in my actual proposal document, I ran out of time - I did however get my intro, good and bad points and views of others and only one paragraph on the recommendations due to running out of time! My handwriting also got sloppy and rushed towards the end as I new time was ticking!! :/ I actually think I got "enough" down to gain the 40% is it …

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Administrative Account
  11. beez28

    Hi everyone! This is my first post on Police Specials, I've been looking on here for quite some time and have found it to be a brilliant resource! My query relates to the Scottish system of Assessment Centres/Days, in particular Central Scotland Police. I've read that in England and Wales they may include the Standard Entrance Tests and bleep tests and interviews. However for my particular intake, we were informed that us Special Constable recruits were not required to do the bleep test, I was quite looking forward to it actually! Anyway, after submitting my application to CSP I was invited back one evening to sit the SET, which I passed, and have recently received a da…

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 3.3k views
  12. Cotton Bud
    Started by Cotton Bud,

    There seems to be a lot of people asking what to expect and how to prepare for competency based interviews So for anyone else who has not sat a competency based interview before here is a few my view on how to tackle it. (I sat two and passed two) Tips; Keep it simple and spell out what you did and why. don’t be afraid of sounding like a lire or like you are deliberately trying to score points, its the way to pass! the interviewer will just want to hear you answer the question not impress them with fancy stories and big words. Thinking of an answer You can think of any situation in your life and turn it into a competency answer. Problem Solving questions can be answ…

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 42.8k views
    Tugay'sRightPeg
  13. Fizzypopbang
    Started by Fizzypopbang,

    Just wondered if anyone is aware of any large multi force used training centres such as the old Ashford and Bruche training centres (links below) that are now closed and have been for some time or any single significant training centres were Regulars or/and Specials train such as Hendon for the Met, also any parts of the buildings such as, housing for regs or sc, swimming pool etc http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruche_Police_National_Training_Centre http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashford_Police_Training_Centre http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hendon_Police_College Thanks Fizzypopbang (sorry if posted in wrong area)

    • 2 replies
    • 429 views
  14. giddens
    Started by giddens,

    Wasn't sure if this had been mentioned. As some of you will know Cheshire Police was asking for all future Reg applicants to have a Foundation Degree. That's still an option but the force will also accept CKP. Plus another North West force is looking at making CKP a requirement. http://www.cheshire.police.uk/jobs/pcs.aspx

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 986 views
    SierraLimaSierra
  15. SierraTango93
    Started by SierraTango93,

    I applied (September 2013) for one police force, as a Police Constable - but was subsequently unsuccessful (December 2013). I am currently in the process of filling out a application with a different police force (than the above), as a Special Constable. Feedback from the failed application will be forwarded during the new year, in which I will have to have my current application handed in. So no chance of finding out what I failed on, on the previous. Does the 6month "ban" apply to me? Thank you.

    • 5 replies
    • 463 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.