Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. LeafFACE
    Started by LeafFACE * ,

    I have just received my SEARCH assessment results. i was gutted i got 59% and my force the pass mark is 60% Does anyone know of any UK forces who use the national pass park of 50% thanks for your help

    • 4 replies
    • 770 views
  2. Mmmm1234
    Started by Mmmm1234,

    Hello guys, I am new to this forum. I know this is probably meant to be in force specific but I thought it would be okay in recruitment. I am currently applying to Kent police as a regular, and have just passed the short listing stage of the recruitment. However along with the congratulations I received this statement 'Due to the high number of successful applications at this stage, your application will now be placed on hold pending further assessment centres which are planned in early 2014. The dates of the next assessment centre is yet to be confirmed, however you will be notified as early as possible once the dates have been finalised. You will be invited to an …

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 570 views
  3. CL52
    Started by CL52 +,

    Hi all, I have just received an email to let me know that I am being invited to retake my interview as I "narrowly missed" the pass mark. I'm slightly disappointed but I know where I went wrong! I'm slightly confused about the date. In the email it says I will be attending on the 11th October and in the document attached it says I will be attending on the 10th October. I have sent an email to HR but in the auto reply it says it could take around five days and have heard that it can sometimes take longer than five days! I was wondering if anyone on the forum has received the same email?

    • 4 replies
    • 754 views
  4. HampshireSaint
    Started by HampshireSaint,

    For anyone interested.... recruitment has opened today. It will close this coming Monday and has an application limit of 300. http://bit.ly/screcruit

    • 3 replies
    • 402 views
  5. saffaguy
    Started by saffaguy,

    Does anyone know how long it will take to get a start date for Surrey Police as a regular PC from the time the assessment centre is passed?

    • 4 replies
    • 346 views
  6. MSCstudent
    Started by MSCstudent,

    Hello, I apologise in advance if this is in the wrong thread, has already been covered or if some people consider it to be a stupid question but it is my first post so please be forgiving! I am a student in London but live in the West country outside term time. The met requirement for hours is 25 hours a month or 300 hours a year. My question is if I was to apply to be in the specials and was successful would the Met allow me to cover my 300 hours a year over say 8 months of the year thus allowing me to return home outside term time? If this was the case would I be able to serve with my local force during holidays? Thanks in advance

    • 14 replies
    • 689 views
  7. aaron2891
    Started by aaron2891 * ,

    Hi all, I have recently declared interest in becoming a New Constable. Having read through lots of the topics on this site it is unclear how long (approximately) it takes from filing an application, which I expect to do next month, to starting on the foundation course (assuming assessments, vetting etc are ok)?

    • 4 replies
    • 510 views
  8. LeanneSC
    Started by LeanneSC,

    Had an email back from the police asking me to send a picture in of my tattoo I have on my wrist. Got to wait even longer now to find out if I'm going to the next stage Do tattoos on the wrist ever stop you from moving to the next stage?? Mine is only a small bow tattoo that says 'mum' above it

      • Like
    • 40 replies
    • 2.3k views
  9. JamieSC
    Started by JamieSC * ,

    I don't know if this is out of the ordinary but it only took four days to contact me to say I have successfully passed day one and that I need to wait for a date for day two. When I was undertaking the interview the woman interviewing me said that I should hear back in around four weeks.

    • 7 replies
    • 1.2k views
  10. Corbett1403
    Started by Corbett1403,

    Hey everyone does anyone know about going from stage 6 to stage 8. Just curious about what stage 7 was. I'm guessing stage 8 is now where the vetting starts if I'm correct.

    • 5 replies
    • 456 views
  11. edwarddurrant
    Started by edwarddurrant,

    Hi all, I have my panel interview next week for the specials and I have been doing lots of research online and through police officers i know and I'm feeling confident but at the same time cacking it! I suppose I am what you'd call a 'people' person so I'll be fine on that front I just don't want to get caught off guard on a topic I didn't expect to come up and then look like a lemon and blow my chances. I understand the strict rules on here which is fair enough but does any body have any experience of something like this happening or just any general experiences I'd love to hear from you! Edd

    • 28 replies
    • 1.8k views
  12. SophieJae
    Started by SophieJae,

    Hi all, Ill try and keep this short but im really looking for some help! Ive been trying to get into the police force for around 3/4 years, I had a successful interview for Surrey at the start of this year for a PSO role (Police Support Officer) and passed my security vetting, medical and fitness in the spring. I am just waiting for a start date. About 2 weeks ago, I cleared vetting to begin some temporary admin work for Sussex Police, where I was employed through a recruitment agency. I was so happy to have been given a start date for Sussex as it meant I finally had my foot in the door and was doing what I wanted to do. It was all going well and I was genuinely pr…

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 969 views
    Administrative Account
  13. McGarty086
    Started by McGarty086,

    Hello all, I had applied to become a SC this time last year and got through to the AC in February where I sadly failed the interview. I was actually convinced I'd done well in the interview and average/bad in everything else but the results I received were the complete opposite? :new_hmmm: I've been told I can submit the same application form (albeit some questions have now been changed so I need to read and check what I'm typing) so if I'm successful with the application form which I'm hoping I will be, is there any advice anyone can provide regarding the interview? I had researched the competencies and made mental notes to take with me in the interview. My speaking a…

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 520 views
  14. Anglo-Saxon
    Started by Anglo-Saxon,

    Hi all, this isn't the first post I would've liked to have made however I feel the need to ask everyones opinion on this matter. I am at the interview stage off joining the specials and I have just been given a non-endorsable ticket for having the incorrect headlights fitted to my vehicle (I genuinely didn't realise this and will change them immediately), however I am distraught at the thought of this ruining my application. When I declare this at the first opportunity, will my application be binned? The officers told me I will be fine when I explained the situation to them but I can't help but feel that any dealings with the law would result in my application being termi…

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 1.5k views
  15. atterley3
    Started by atterley3,

    Before I email HR and potentially embarrass myself, I was wondering if anybody on here knew! I received an email today with 5 medical forms that I need to complete and sign, including one that I need to take to the opticians and get them to sign it too. My question is, they've asked me to send the forms back via email - how can I do this if I need to print them out to sign? Can I email them back without signatures and take hard copies (with signatures) to my medical? Apologies if I'm being really stupid!

    • 7 replies
    • 451 views
    operationfirestorm

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.