Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. morale_outbreak
    Started by morale_outbreak,

    Hey guys, Been selected for final interview for PC. I've done some reading and asked one or two colleagues about it but still not really sure what it is. I'm not asking for answers or being told anything I shouldn't but merely wondering if anyone has been through it and wouldn't mind giving me an insight. For example, will it be a HR bod and a sergeant or should I be expected superintendents and other high ranks and what sort of thing will they ask?about what I've done in the past or what my plans and aspirations are etc? Really don't know what to expect.

    • 33 replies
    • 3.6k views
    operationfirestorm
  2. stoutitude
    Started by stoutitude,

    Just had my final board interview for regs in Suffolk and even told I passed straight away. Thanks for everyone's help. I'm so excited!!

    • 12 replies
    • 513 views
  3. Jaffers
    Started by Jaffers,

    Hi, Just looking your opinion on something, couple of years ago I was called to a meeting with my line manager because someone had made an allegation against me saying I was inappropriate, I wasn't and this person has recently been suspended over lying and causing unnecessary trouble. Obviously because I didn't do it, I denied it. The matter was not taken further, it was just a discussion with my manager. Am I right in thinking as there was no disciplinary etc, that she can't put it down on a reference form, I ask this because I didn't feel it was necessary to tell HR as they don't ask questions like that on the forms and I never did anything wrong. Thanks in advance …

    • 4 replies
    • 433 views
  4. EssSee
    Started by EssSee,

    I am I'm the process of applying to become a special. I understand that if you have left the country for longer than a month in the last 3 years then I require a certificate of good conduct. I was in Cyprus for 3 months around 2 years ago and didn't get into any trouble. I have an application form that I printed off the Internet to apply for this certificate. But it doesn't say where to send it to? Anybody else had to apply for one of these and where are they sent? Any help is appreciated as this is the only thing stopping me submitting my application. Thanks

    • 7 replies
    • 475 views
    DerbyshireLaLaLa
  5. Rhod747
    Started by Rhod747,

    I'm currently 17. I suffered from depression from roughly the age of 12 to the beginning of this year. But before my depression was near non existant (I'm 'normal' in terms of mental health now), I was prescribed very strong anti depressants and when they started to kick in about a month later, I started having severe episodes of depression, and a week later I had stupidly cut my wrists and a day later I 'attempted' suicide, however I decided mid-leap that it was stupid I didn't want to but by then it was too late and I was stuck 60 foot on a cliff and had to call 999, obviously they asked why I was there and I was upfront with them and it's likely now on my health record…

    • 9 replies
    • 1.7k views
  6. Guest Critical Incident
    Started by Guest Critical Incident,

    hey guys, I got my Met regulars day 1 this Friday. Anything I should know before I go? (I been to a workshop, so I know the preliminaries, but anything in particular that I should practice/prepare/pay attention to?) thanks guys :new_thanks:

    • 4 replies
    • 372 views
    Joker1546081795 +
  7. Brucey
    Started by Brucey,

    Well tommorows the day i start training and i cant tell if im nervous or excited, ive gone through all my pre reads and filled them in but feel like i know nothing :/ im sure i will be put at ease tommorow just cant help thinking ive not done enough. I take it all will become clearer tomorrow and i wont be tested on pre reads??

    • 15 replies
    • 868 views
  8. Poyol
    Started by Poyol,

    Hi Guys, Some of you'll have seen me around here - I've wanted to be police officer for a long time! I had a BTP Police Assessment day on Sunday and it was ace. The part I was most worried about was the fitness: With not doing any sports/running in about two years; and having arms like cheesestrings it was worrying! I got around 45 average on both push/pull though the other lads got around 66; in my eyes a pass is a pass and I did put 110% effort in! Now the part I'm most worried about it the interview - when preparing for the 'presentation' I wrote a script, memorised it and once it got down to it ... my mind went blank. I really think the interview may be the thing…

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 983 views
  9. TheGreaterGood

    Hi all, This is my first post, so I hope it's ok, and that I've put it in the right place etc! Right here goes... Ahead of making an application as a Special Constable, I'd like to do some reading into the basics of the law, and the procedures of the Police to make sure my knowledge can match or surpass my enthusiasm, as well as making sure that I am as best prepared for the initial, and any following interviews as I can be. In addition to that, if or when I pass through the recruitment process, I should imagine that having as much knowledge as possible will set me in good stead to be as good at the job itself as I'm capable of being. It would seem that Blackstones is …

    • 6 replies
    • 820 views
  10. Raven1s
    Started by Raven1s,

    Hi all, Have a question for you I am doing my specials application form for devon and cornwall and the part about your family has got me stuck a little. bascly I dont talk to my mum, step dad or other family members as had a fall out about 2 years ago. the part I am stuck on is this, where you put your familys name, DOB and place of birth. I dont know where my step dad was born as never have asked him what can I do about that can I just leave that part out or is it important, I know where everyone else was born just not my stepdad. thanks andy

    • 5 replies
    • 408 views
  11. BluesNtwos
    Started by BluesNtwos,

    Hi, I've passed all the assessments for the Metropolitan Police and have my training start date. It is something I would truly like to do. Someone else who is going through the process told me though that they thought my people skills and personality were not suitable. This has gotten me thinking though. Do you gain those assertive qualities as you progress with the Special Constabulary? Thanks

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 2k views
  12. MRF@1972
    Started by MRF@1972,

    Hi all, Im sorry if this has been posted up before but I was wondering what the current pension for the Police is like? Does it vary between force? e.g. BTP/CNC /MDP/GMP, Police Scotland? I read somewhere the current one is going to be scrapped in 2015- is this true? Thanks for any help MRF

    • 10 replies
    • 1.5k views
  13. EssSee
    Started by EssSee,

    Hi, This is my first post and I have been reading the forum for a good couple of months. I have dreamt of being a police officer since I can remember. I will be applying to become a special on the 16th of October. I want to eventually become a regular. I have however heard that telling them this in my application and interviews could mean I get rejected? I can't go for regs yet as I don't have 2 a levels, only plumbing qualifications. I was planning on becoming a special and then studying for a levels as they take a good 2 years. I am 22. Thanks

    • 9 replies
    • 790 views
  14. cwhite90999
    Started by cwhite90999,

    HI, I have today just received a letter from the Suffolk constabulary telling me that I have unfortunately been declined on this occasion. Aside from the letter being date 12th july 2012, theres not much I can do aside from regain, maintain and try again. However, and quite refreshingly, the letter has told me where I went on the application. Or rather a place to improve. It is the competency based questions. I accept the standard may have been very high and mine my have been good but there were better answers, or mine were crud. I sat and had help from my girlfriend with these questions because I find those sort of question difficult and I have lost my patience with t…

    • 3 replies
    • 501 views
  15. Mol-BPF
    Started by Mol-BPF,

    For those in the recruitment waiting void... How do you pass the time between stages? I finding it very hard to pass the time further and further into process I go!! tips and giggles I think might help?! Also where about in the recruitment stage is every one? I'm Regs... Just did our biometric vetting and awaiting results! Only medical, references and security checks left

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 793 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.