Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. hannahnewbold
    Started by hannahnewbold,

    Hi I'm sure this has probably been covered elsewhere so sorry for posting again. Is anyone currently going for / in as a Special with body jewellery? I can take most of it out should I be successful on my application but I wondered in particular if I'd get away with just wearing solid plugs in my stretched ears? I have had these a number of years and even if I was to take them out they are unlikely to close up very quickly. Any thoughts / suggestions?

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 1.4k views
  2. Special786
    Started by Special786,

    So the MET want the CKP Qualification for new recruits but do they aknowledge these FDSC`s that are flying around these days or are they worthless. Can someone please advise

    • 2 replies
    • 569 views
  3. GMPGeorge1546081373
    Started by GMPGeorge1546081373,

    Hi all, I recieved a call yesterday from GMP recruitment letting me know that I passed the papersift (:D) and that there was a space on this saturday's assessment centre. Now, at first I declined, as I didn't feel I had enough time to study the competencies (Literally all I know about the assessment centre is that you do a few tests, verbal, written and interview). However, I've been dwelling on it since and today the lady I spoke to yesterday has called me again and offered me the place again as she though she was gonna struggle to fill the space. I'm not sure what to do. I'm not sure where/how to study the competencies and if I'm giving myself a fair chance if I acc…

    • 10 replies
    • 651 views
  4. rodney1986
    Started by rodney1986,

    Hi guys, I received a confirmation letter for PCSO role but wanted to know if this meant I have passed vetting procedures? It mentioned that reference checks had to be completed as part of application process and to attend an induction eve but no mention if vetting had been complete.

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 450 views
  5. Kat046
    Started by Kat046,

    Hey guys! I have my assessment day coming up, I'm a little nervous but excited. What should I expect? some people told me its easy some told me its hard.

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 1.7k views
  6. donna89
    Started by donna89,

    Hi all Right cut a long story short, I'm currently in the process of transferring to the mets as a special constable and have very recently started as a comms officers full time with essex police. I also recently applied for the regulars within essex police and failed my senior interview but scored 68% in my assessment centre score. Having made enquiries with mets they have advised that they will accept my assessment centre score but have to have completed this CKP course. That's fine but my job as a comms officer involves shift work and looking through the CKP courses they are fixed dates i.e. every Saturday 9-5. Does anyone know how I can get around completing this co…

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 643 views
    Administrative Account
  7. hibbert01
    Started by hibbert01,

    Having had my interview today im slightly concerned about my competency based interview. Although my prepared examples fitted all the points in line with the competency framework I was asked probing questions by the assessor in each example to clarify some of the main aspects of it ie what was difficult, what was or what was the outcome! Although this was in my original answer (some highlighting it stronger then others) is this a bad sign that I did not fulfil the criteria they were looking for? My responses did hopefully address the question but my mind is telling me that I must of underachieved and not fulfilled their criteria as they asked more questions about it :/ …

    • 10 replies
    • 719 views
  8. Thomas_H
    Started by Thomas_H,

    I have recently developed a keen interest in joining the Special Constabulary. However, after visiting the Avon and Somerset recruitment pages, discovered that they are not recruiting at the present time. Would anyone happen to know when their next recruitment cycle will take place? Or of anyone I can ask? Cause this is something I'd really like to get involved with. If anyone can let me know I'd be really grateful

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 860 views
  9. Squirrel2
    Started by Squirrel2,

    I recently recieved a letter saying I had reached the next stage of the process for the specials, an assessment day. I've been told that this is likely to be before the end of the month but havent recieved a letter yet. Do you think it is best to prepare using the old competencies or the new ones? I know its a couple if weeks until the end of the month but Im on nights all week so wont have much opportunity to get stuck into preparation after tomorrow!

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 466 views
  10. Jellybean
    Started by Jellybean,

    I had an email this morning confirming that I had passed everything, interview, medical, vetting, references etc. I then an hour later received a phone call from HQ (keeping in mind I'm due to start in 4 weeks) That I actually failed my interview back in April (even though I've had my medical, fitness, vetting etc all done after). I received a letter confirming that I had passed. Apparently out of the two interviewers, one scored me 56, the other scored 54 and the pass mark was 55. So they admitted they made an error by sending me out a letter because they saw the score of 56 and not 54. I'm absolutely heartbroken and shocked as I thought everything was sorted. They of…

      • Like
    • 48 replies
    • 2.2k views
  11. interestedparty
    Started by interestedparty,

    Hi! Just wondering if anyone has any advice they could offer, I have an upcoming 'Police Call Handler' interview, and am getting rather nervous so am just trying to do some research. Any advice re - questions they may ask would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.9k views
    DerbyshireLaLaLa
  12. Brucey
    Started by Brucey,

    Well just back from interview not sure how it went but I answered as best I could. Just want to say to anyone who has an interview coming up that the key is prep, as with anything if you can go in there armed with your answers you have a better chance than someone who panics when asked something. Make sure you have at least one answer for every question and use the STAR format. Don't worry when you get in there the guys were great and I was soon at ease and the answers flowed. One more thing be smart the guy before me came out with trainers on (surely a no no?). Anyway good look to whoevers got an interview up and coming and everyone cross there fingers for me Cheers al…

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 778 views
  13. Bobby Peel
    Started by Bobby Peel,

    Hello to all, I'm new here! Been knocking about for a few weeks, great forum! Was a Special for 6 years, but due to work commitments i had to give up. Anyways, looking at getting back into it and as i live on the Suffolk/Cambridge border, not sure what force to apply to? Any fors and against? TIA

    • 3 replies
    • 393 views
  14. atterley3
    Started by atterley3,

    Sorry if this is a really stupid question but I've managed to massively confuse myself so just need some clarification! Having browsed through the forums I've realised that the core competencies have now changed, and are now the following: serving the public, openess to change, service delivery, professionalism, decision making and working with others. These are the same competencies show on Cheshire's website. So far so simple. However, I have received an email from them the other day saying 'the information below refers to applications made up to 6th August, after which the process will be changing' and then listing these competencies: respect for race and diversity, e…

    • 7 replies
    • 610 views
    Administrative Account
  15. Pindy93
    Started by Pindy93,

    Just got my date and applied for the greater manchester police specials information evening. Is anybody else going? Can i bring my partner with me? Do i need to show any ID? So excited!!!! :D

    • 3 replies
    • 398 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.