Specials
3667 topics in this forum
-
Whats the recommended dress code for fitness and medical guys, now i fully understand you are being watched the whole process and a good impression is needed, but can you just turn up to the fitness in the kit you intend to wear for this stage or would you come suited and booted the change into your kit once youve completed the test/tests
-
I work for the Criminal Record Bureau, which carries out checks for people applying to work with unsupervised access to children and vulnerable adults, for example taxi drivers, teachers and doctors, also recruitment checks for police officers and specials. There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding, confusion and myths about the security checks, I am writing this just to clarify some facts. The majority of the checks are conducted in the same way, without going in to too much detail for obvious reasons, here is a brief breakdown of what happens: Local crime systems are scanned to check if you have come to the attention of the authorities in the past. These systems wil…
-
Hi there, sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I'm in need of a little perspective with regards to my "situation". Basically I've just got past Day 2 for the Met Specials, and I'm obviously in that grey waiting area for vetting results and whatnot. I live in North-West Surrey (near-ish Guildford) and the reason I applied to the Met in particular was simply because I could never catch the county forces brief window of recruitment for specials - it was essentially luck that the Met just happened to be recruiting at a time when I was ready to apply to a force. However. Surrey police are suddenly recruiting specials until 6-Aug and I have that itching feeling in my brai…
-
Hello Everyone! I very new on this forum as just started my journey through to become a Special. I have just sent my application form for Police Scotland. I hope to hear from them soon. I'm a bit concerned If I'll be given chance because of my weight. I'm a 29 yr old female, 5'6 weighting a whooping 16st. But I'm fit enough to do Police job well. I now started active jogging just in case I get through to fitness test haha My BMI is very high, but I have NONE health issues, my blood pressure is fine, my bloods is fine, my sight and hearing is perfect. And I have a question If anyone would be so kind to tell me the truth. If I pass all the test including the fitness test w…
-
Does anyone know if workforce centre is open tomorrow? If so, what time till? I've had to send my passport off to change my surname and I can't find my birth certificate and the register office isn't open tomorrow So I've only got my driving licence to take. I'm worried I will be turned away on the day of my interview so need to ring them. Thanks
-
Hi guys I got my pirt test on the 15th of August for the interview and initial recruitment test I am rally nervous as its only two weeks away can any f you who have been successful give me any pointers in to what I should expect. The main bit I'm worry about is the maths as my maths is diabolical what sort of question are they Regards Alex
-
Hey people thought I would add my experience of the application process and put some of your minds at ease if possible. I have applied for special constable with the Met and now finished the whole selection process just waiting for vetting results. Thought il add quick rundown of the process. Day 1 assessment: Consist's of a written test very simple I did mine all in capitals and managed to fill in an A4 sheet you are allowed to write in capitals I did this so it was clear on what I was writing. Make sure you check it over before your time is up. Next is the interview wasn't too bad they they just ask several questions. [removed] So nothing to bad just need to think …
-
Hi all Sorry if this thread has already been covered. In the restricted occupation list on this forum it states 'Members of medical and health professions Eligible provided their local NHS Trust or Health Authority has no objections' But does this count for private ambulance crews or those that work for St John Ambulance and British Red Cross on behalf of their local Ambulance trust. All advice is appreciated Thank you
-
Hello i have got my interview at a college to do the CKP course, has any one had this and if so what did it consist off, was like a chat about what i know about the course etc, any help would be grateful.
-
Has anyone ever encounted a problem on there medical after taking creatine powder, i regullary take it while weight training and it is completley legal and contains nothing untoward. Just wondered if it had ever been questioned during the medical??
-
Hello all Just a quick bit of advice needed please, think I know what to do but just need it confirming. I applied last week to the D&C Regs intake, my application has been rejected on the basis of not having the equivalent qualification criteria. (NVQ, Diploma, A Level, etc) I am however 2 & a half years into a 3 year degree, which is a level 6 and the required listed criteria is a that of a level 3. I have explained this to HR and they said I'd need to confirm with my university what it is graded at. This has been confirmed by my university and I emailed the information back to HR. HR have now said it will be considered during referral week (This current wee…
-
Hi all I know nobody on here is a vetting officer and will probably not know the answer but your views and thoughts will do me fine. As you know I failed vetting and was not told the reason for this I appealed and was rejected, I have no convictions or cautions and never been in trouble. However my partner has been convicted of benefit fraud which is most probably the reason why I have been refused. My question is say if in the future me and my partner were too split up (this has caused a lot of stress on our relationship) would this still mean I fail vetting? The reason I am worried is because she was prosecuted for having a partner and not notifying a change of circums…
-
Hi I've been a special for a while now with Thames Valley and a few people have mentioned that there are certain ways Specials are paid. I no we get expenses but I just wondered if anybody had information on Thames Valley Specials getting paid for the hours they work? Cheers J
-
- 6 replies
- 1.9k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello all, In regards to the new changes to the Met's recruitment process, if you are applying for Special's (with the intention of later joining the regs) are you still required to do the CKP in order to move over? If i have not been clear, then let me explain further. Having looked at the College of Policing website and the approved providers of the CKP course, there are courses restricted to serving special constables, which would suggest that you still need the CKP once warranted as a Special inorder to become a reg. Can anyone shed some light? Thanks in advance!
-
Hi all, I was sent here by a friend of mine who is already a S.C but not in my community. He's in the inner-city which isn't my world at all. Anyway, I have wanted to be a police officer since I was a child but my parents disapproved of me getting a job as physical as policing. I do like the idea of being a Special as I can fit it around my regular work and life but I have one or two questions. I live at home with parents (well, a cottage in the grounds separate to their home) and we are a very horsey family. My father is a M.F.H and my mother is a breeder of show ponies. Home is horse central really and although I have a good job that dad helped me get in to, I…