Notice Board
  • Great Deals
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Get your very own website designed by our in-house team at RAW Digital Media. Get 25% off all quotes using reference "RAW25" Prices start at just £199 Click HERE to read more.
  • Website hosting packages start from just £59 p/year Click HERE to read more.

woodyx

When I started the specials recruitment process I tried to look up a rough timescale, but could not find one anywhere. This is obviously due to individual force's, the individuals that are applying and their personal circumstances.

Below is my timeline,  it seems to have gone smoothly so hopefully this is an average timeline.

Application form completed – mid/End of May

First correspondence back to offer dates for assessment day (taken as a woohoo!) - end of June.

Assessment day (Interview, Situational Judgement and Written) – mid July.

Vetting Personal - End of July.

Vetting Financial - End of July.

Doctor’s report and eye test – end of July.

Substance Misuse – Mid August.

Biometric testing – Mid August.

Police Medical – Mid October.

Offer as a special – Start of Nov.

Training starts – End of Nov.

Attestation planned for – March 2015!

Hope this helps anyone going through the process

Woody

• Like 2

Member Achievements

Rosemary

Thanks Woody, if anyone else would like to do one for any other forces I could pin the thread so people have a rough idea of timescale as this question often seems to come up.

Member Achievements

woodyx

Just got back from the Aladdin's cave, that is the Tailoring and stores department!

I wanted to take pictures of me in everything I tried on, but I kept cool throughout. First actual training date on Wednesday then this weekend Sat and Sun. 

so it begins...

• Like 1

Member Achievements

Rosemary

Just got back from the Aladdin's cave, that is the Tailoring and stores department!

I wanted to take pictures of me in everything I tried on, but I kept cool throughout. First actual training date on Wednesday then this weekend Sat and Sun. 

so it begins...

Have fun! :D

Member Achievements

Lozz25

This is mine for cleveland police

12th jan - application sent

2nd feb - registration

9th march - PIRT tests

26th April - assessment centre

21st June - final interview

21st July - fitness test

30th July - medical (nurse)

5th aug - medical (doctor)

26th aug - uniform fitting

5th sep - biometric (DNA, fingerprints)

24th sep - induction

28th sep - start training

4th March 2015 - attestation evening

?

Member Achievements

FriSp

I start training on Sunday. In my force for me it's been -

Mid September - application in

Beginning of October - interview (pass or fail on the day if you pass straight to biometrics and I'D photo)

Around the 4th of October - medical

(If at this point vetting/references ect)

1st of November - Uniform fitting/collection

29th November - Induction

10th of December - start Training

1st of February - Attestation

• Like 1

Member Achievements

Rosemary

Thanks everyone for posting these, I'll work out a way to make them part of one post and accessible to people looking :)

FriSp- which force is your timeline for?

Member Achievements

DB11

Leicestershire Police

Mid May - Sent off application form
End May - Receive information pass paper sift
End June - Assessment Centre
Mid July - Assessment Centre Results
Late July - Opticians to get eye sight form signed off (you do this on your own and bring the signed form to your medical)
Late July - Reference Requests
Early August - Fitness Test
Early September - Medical (Blood pressure, BMI, lung capacity, hearing test... from memory. Leicester do not test for drugs [correct as of 2012])
Early October - Second Medical to re-do hearing test as I initially failed the first one. I was subsequently advised that everyone else failed their hearing test that day and so they tested the machine and the machine had broken. Machine was now fixed so I had to re-do my hearing - passed easily this time
Late November - Asked for my preference of cohort as they run two alongside one another on alternate weekends. I was given a choice so that I could plan in advance if I had to be free for a specific weekend. Don't worry though, if you give them enough time they are flexible and will let you join in the opposite cohort for any session you know you will need to miss
Late February - Offer of appointment
Early April - Fitting Appointment
Late April - Start training

So in my experience because something when wrong on the medical it delayed my start date by six months. Had I passed the medical first time I would have been on the October cohort, so you can factor that into a regular timeline if you want, however from speaking to people I have found that the majority have a delay at one stage or another so my timeline is probably a more realistic one when you take into account the inevitable delays between stages.

Member Achievements

FriSp

Lincs Rosemary I really think I got my application in at the right time due to some others I have spoken to but I know they streamlined the process to save extra dates to attend ect and cause as little impact to candidates.

Member Achievements

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

• 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David