Scenario City
This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!
2301 topics in this forum
-
-
Today i walked the dog in my local park, and spotted 7-10 teenagers kicking a ball against a wall of a bowls centre. The roof is fairly low as the grass is at a higher level then the entrance. But it does require help to jump on. However, a couple of the kids were running / jumping around on the roof. I've only just attested so i haven't done a shift yet. I thought about going over and asking them to get down, which i felt confident in doing. Its just the what ifs that threw me off. Instead i text a mate who i knew was on shift to go do the deed. Now I'm thinking about it.. What would you of done? Bear in mind that you were still waiting for your first shift..
-
-
- 27 replies
- 1.8k views
- 2 followers
-
-
-
- 23 replies
- 1.6k views
- 5 followers
-
-
Inspired by the thread in law, on police V dogs. I thought I would run a little scenario On a park patrol, You spot a man ( and his dog) o a lap of the park. You note that in his hand he is carrying a length of steel bar 2 ft long and 3/4 of an inch in diameter. You make a polite inquiry as to his purpose and motive and he explains that his dog has previously been badly injured by a '' pit bull '' attack and he is in fear of this happening again. So he carries the bar to defend himself and his property( dog) from ''pit bull'' attack, should such occur again Any offenses ?
-
Hello, I am currently in training and have a question around necessity reasons for a drugs arrest. I have found a similar topic with an almost identical question however the answers went a little off topic and the original question wasn't really answered! The NCALT drugs guidance notes states that for cannabis, an arrest should be considered if: - Suspect has already received PND or cannabis warning - Suspect is taking drugs in full public view - Suspect is 17 or under I have been trying to think through the scenario in my head for a cannabis arrest (or I suppose any other type of drug arrest) but cannot think what necessity reasons I could use. To me a 'prompt and…
-
Hi all, I think how I would deal with this situation is the correct way, but just want to confirm it! Here's the scenario... I have taken a MFH report from a parent/guardian for a misper, circulate observations for them and then go out looking for the child. When driving down a street, I find the youth who is out with their friends. I explain that they've been reported missing from home by their parent/guardian. However, they're safe and well, don't seem to be in any danger and state that they will be going home later on back to their parent/guardian. Is there anything you can do to make them return home? In addition to this, is this just up to the age of 16, or is i…
-
A scenario happened to me yesterday and I wanted to see what action you would take if you were an off duty police officer (I'm only in training at the moment). I was in a car park yesterday waiting for somebody when I saw a very elderly lady reversing up the car park. She then reversed into a car at slow speed and attempted a 10 point turn during which she hit the same car again. I approached the car, asked if she was OK and pointed out that she had hit the car. She asked if there was any damage, I said I didn't know and then she said 'I'm sure it will be fine' and drove off, mounting the pavement during her turn. I caught the VRN and left a note on the windscreen wi…
-
-
- 28 replies
- 1.5k views
- 2 followers
-
-
-
- 8 replies
- 674 views
- 3 followers
-
-
-
- 11 replies
- 1.8k views
- 7 followers
-
-
-
- 26 replies
- 5k views
- 17 followers
-
-
-
- 6 replies
- 1.5k views
- 4 followers
-
-
-
- 31 replies
- 2.6k views
- 18 followers
-
-
-
- 51 replies
- 4k views
- 20 followers
-