Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scenario City

This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!

  1. Jeebs
    Started by Jeebs +,
  2. Sir Penguin
    Started by Sir Penguin,
  3. Whirlybird1546081382
    Started by Whirlybird1546081382 +,

    Hi Whilst doing speed checks on a 30mph road today, I saw a car overtaking a number of cars. Didn't have time to move the speed camera and check, so pulled him over to the side of the road. Words of advice given about speed as I had no proof, PNC check done and found no MOT on vehicle. I issued a ticket for the lack of MOT. My questions are, should I have given a VDRS as well ? If I had given a VDRS and he had the MOT sorted within the specified period, does that mean the fine doesn't stand ?

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 827 views
  4. ForceHQ
    Started by ForceHQ,
  5. MrDSP
  6. Guest Removed User 16-12-21
    Started by Guest Removed User 16-12-21,

    What would you do if you if you saw someone obviously drunk lying asleep just outside a train station but on the stations property? In this scenario you're there as a matter of coincidence, likely off duty going back home and have recieved no complaint from staff there who have noticed and are turning a blind eye. In your opinion would it be worth taking action as a potential medical emergency? Could they be charged with the offence or not because they're arguably technically not in public, they are by definition on private property. Bear in mind the landowner isn't objecting to their presence in this scenario so you'd have no grounds for legitimately removing them from t…

      • Like
    • 46 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Indiana Jones +
  7. prolixia
  8. PC.LezGettham
    Started by PC.LezGettham,

    So let's say I'm out walking the dog, and as I walk back up my road I go around the corner to see to you males stood outside the door of their flat....and there is a very, VERY! strong smell of the "groovy weed" coming from their direction. They see me and they notice I look very suspicious and am sniffing the air....they run inside pretty quickly. After a few days a continue to smell the rather funky smell. Now, I am in the mind that i should submit an 839? but, should I try to get more information before submitting what i have (address, description of two males, date and time of strong smell over 3 days)....for example, waiting a few more days to see if the property sti…

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 453 views
    PC.LezGettham
  9. WIntermute
    Started by WIntermute,

    I've just watched a video on UKCH's Facebook page, and was quite taken aback to see some chap try and abseil (of sorts) out of a second floor window. I don't know if I can link the page/video without incurring warning points, but I am happy to do so if anyone wants to see it xD I found myself wondering what could be done if the initial events were witnessed by a Police Officer. Would you consider it a potential Breach of the Peace and force entry or would you just go PACE S17 in order to preserve life and limb? Sorry if it is a daft question... Thanks! W.

    • 4 replies
    • 478 views
  10. Dash
  11. jviney
    Started by jviney,
  12. adrian.middleton
    Started by adrian.middleton,
  13. Dash
    Started by Dash,
  14. Guest Removed User 16-12-21
    Started by Guest Removed User 16-12-21,

    What if you're off duty and somehow legally have a tazer, say in NI. You see two people trying to kill each other and you use it to sudue both parties and call for on duty backup. What are the best and worst case scenarios?

    • 13 replies
    • 678 views
  15. miffy
    Started by miffy +,
    stoppedreality +

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.