Scenario City
This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!
2301 topics in this forum
-
Hello, I would like to put this situation that I am in to gain advice and help me with my next corse of action. (Admin, please move this post if it fits better into another subject). I have this work colleague ( and I use that term losely) who I sit next to who openly admits and talks about smoking cannabis on a regular basis, I'd say every night he enjoys a smoke. However, I have noticed over the last 6-12 months that he has been using the work phones (which are recorded) to order his "stuff" from his dealer. He doesn't actually say that he would like to buy cannabis, but he rings this chap once evey 2 weeks and is very blatant about it - he doesn't really seem to ca…
-
I work at a gift shop and today I got a counterfeit note as proven by our UV lamp and I was wondering what rights do we have ? Can we seize the note? Or should we do something else? Mods of wrong place move it to wherever fits
-
You are an off-duty police constable and attend a parade/event with a friend. While walking you observe an intoxicated male whom is urinating in a public place recklessly causing partial exposure of his genitalia. You approach the male and identify yourself as a police officer with your warrant card. The offender runs off and you decide to let him go. As you start walking again, the offender grabs your clothes from the rear and slightly drags you along accusing you of impersonating a police officer. You react by gaining control of the offender by grabbing him by his clothes. Two of his friends come along and challenge you. The offender begins to become aggressive. There i…
-
I saw a sand sculptor in the town centre today, and a couple of kids were nearby watching. Nothing happened, but it did make me think. Lets say, one of those kids decided to go over and jump on the sculpture, which is made from wet sand, would this constitute Criminal Damage? Or if not, what other type of offence could it be? I'm not saying I'm about to form the Sand Sculpture Enforcement team, but it made me think... Ryan
-
Just thought I would run through a scenario that happened to me a few days ago as I was driving home from a night shift. Not sure if what I did was right but seemed the right thing at the time! It was around 4am and I was driving home from a back shift, I pulled into a service station near my home to fill up on petrol for the next day, this service station is off the motorway in which you take a large roundabout and then off from there. A car had followed going past the services and spin round rather slowly in the lorry section, the car looked generally lost. I brushed it off and paid for my petrol, tired and desperate to get home. As I pulled back out onto the road, to…
-
You spot a man riding a Segway on the road and stop him. He turns out to be a European tourist from a country where Segways can be quite legally ridden on the road and is surprised that might not be the case in the UK. He has brought his Segway over for the weekend to do some site seeing. He has appropriate insurance for his home country that also covers him abroad and even has (foreign) number plates on his Segway. Any offences here?
-
So you are part of a group who organised a company meal, and at the end the group realises there is an extra £600 spare. That money was to be allocated to buy memorial mugs for the staff who turned up. However the purchase of the mugs fell through and the group is holding onto the £600. The company is expected £600 worth of mugs to be distributed to the staff on a specific day. The group (except for you) is in discussion about keep the money and spending it on themselves for a night out or a charity. They have yet to tell senior management that the mugs have not been purchased. Offences?
-
Kind of a scenario, so my neighbour has dumped wooden pallets on several occasions outside my back gate on against my wall. First one I got removed by the council, but this time its been there for 2 weeks now. I cant remove it as cant drive at the moment. He knows I'm job to. Does this 1 crate count as flytipping and as hes an arrogant and quite aggressive, I can easily go down the reporting route as I have several witnesses. I'm going to ask him before my shift tonight if he can move it as its his. Any thoughts or similar situations people have had?
-
I have just read an article about someone trying to do a runner from a Taxi without paying, but was grabbed by the driver and held until she gave her details. The driver later received payment, but what I want to know is; is it legal to hold someone for fare evasion in that manner? Which category does fare-dodging come under? Is it a summary or an indictable offence?
-
So... You're off duty and driving down a dual carriageway on your way to work, back from, rush hour sort of time so its busy. 2/3 cars in front of you see a car spin around and end up facing the wrong way. The road is now blocked (a lorry in lane 1, car in lane 2). You whack your hazards on get out and walk over to check everyone is ok. As you walk towards you it transpires that, the car had pulled out infront of a lorry, while joining the carriageway from a slip road, scraped along the wrong and ended up the wrong way after bouncing off the central reservation. The drivers are both fine and it is a damage only, involving the car and the lorry. You and the lorry driver…
-
So Tom goes out drinking with Bob and ends up getting absolutely hammered. In fact they get so drunk when they walk home, they both go back to what they believe is Toms apartment. The key doesn't work so Tom kicks the door in to enter, breaking the lock. Tom wakes up in the morning and immediately tells Bob they are in the wrong apartment, from photos Tom recognises the family on the floor below his apartment who are currently on holiday. On the way out Bob notices a nice Rolex watch which is quickly put in to his pocket before they head up to the correct apartment. Discussed this recently with different views from different people, so just thought I'll put it out the…
-
You are on duty and while passing the local cricket club an older man runs over and says. "Excuse me officer, there is a group of youths having a picnic on the green. I've asked them to leave but they have refused. The ground is private property and I would like you to remove them." you follow the man to the cricket green and you see a group of five 14-16 year olds with a few bottles of soft drink and sandwiches. There is no litter, no damage to the green and no booze. The group is not hostile but are passively refusing to leave. There a no local orders in place. What would you do an under which powers?
-
Vehicle is partially blocking your driveway. There is a young child ~4y.o. locked in the vehicle who is distressed & appears to be sweating profusely (it is a hot day), the mother is nowhere to be seen. Fifteen minutes have passed and you have discovered that the vehicle is unlocked. What would you do?
-
A man goes behind the counter of a local store in possession of a weapon in order to steal a quantity of tobacco. Whilst there a staff member notices this and walks over and challenges him to which he threatens the staff member. Due to this the staff member hands over the tobacco as they are in fear.... Would you arrest for an aggravated burglary or a robbery? (I appreciate that it will ultimately be a CPS decision)
-
Scenario... In the event of a Staffie bull-terrier dog (which it is ASSUMED likely to have been trained to attack high-vis wearers) that belongs to an undesirable attacking a PCSO by biting them to the leg, attempting to bite another PCSO and biting a MOP high-vis wearer; what can be done in regards to the animal? Is destruction a viable option? How would one go about setting the ball in motion; considering it is only ASSUMED that the dog has been specially trained. Thanks