Scenario City
This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!
2301 topics in this forum
-
Hello all, Not 100% sure if this the correct area to post this but here goes. I live on a new build estate and mine, and a lot of the other roads round here, can access a bus lane which cuts a couple of minutes off journey times and avoids speed bumps and pot holes. A couple of residents have recently moved in and use the bus lane every time they go out in their car. Other than a no entry sign, there is nothing to deter motorists from going down there with no access control or cameras etc. I'm due to attest in in just over 2 weeks and I just find myself getting frustrated watching them breaking the law every time they go out. What would you guys recommend doing as I d…
-
http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/british-ads-capture-often-brutal-horrors-police-work-156506#.UzQZBptyuOb.facebook
-
You receive a call from someone stating that they have been burgled. You go to the victims address and they say a playstation has been taken and they also say that it has been marked with UV ink. You find out where the suspect lives and find a playstation marked with UV ink. The suspect then tells you he bought it for 120 quid from the person who says they had it taken, what would you do? (A) Give it back to the person who had it stolen and arrest the person that says they bought it. B) Let the person keep it. C) Leave it. D) Tell them both to make a statement and to bring the matter to court. E) none of the above.................... Thanks guys this thing just popped int…
-
I'm a former Auxiliary Police Officer for NYPD going special in TVP. To familiarize myself with differences between police in New York and England I've been watching "Road wars". As it happens it also the same area where I want to serve. Now to the question. I guess this is as close I can get to the real thing on TV. Watching it made me wonder. Why officers are so lean? Here is the example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGsRRojStjk The incident in question starts at 23:30 and ends at 30:00 In New York City I could arrest these guys using circumstantial evidence. The description matches, there is one witness and the trail of destruction leads to TESCO. Why PC le…
-
What would be your actions upon finding someone out and about with this torch: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-Mode-700-Lumens-Flash-Light-CREE-Q5-LED-Flashlight-Torch-Stick-like-Black/140986789868?rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D286%26meid%3D5203357254308311126%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D1048%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D171055493576%26 I'm sure to all of us it's obvious what it's design is intended for, however it is still by design, a torch.
-
A 6-year-old boy calling from a mobile states, “My mother just had an accident and killed us. I don’t know where we are. Help me.” what would you do?
-
http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/british-ads-capture-often-brutal-horrors-police-work-156506#.UzINdBJOOmo.facebook Watch the 3 clips. What would you do?
-
Hi, I've been to watch the manchester derby tonight in Manchester. I witnessed a man deal cannabis to various people within the premise so naturally, I contacted 101. The police arrived and the man I caught dealing I detained (up until this point they were useless). As they left the premises I informed them I had detained one of the suspects (who voluntarily handed over cannabis to me without search) I'm not a grass, and I have a Master's degree in Education - ie. not police full time! All I wanted was the suspect to be searched. However, when Sgt arrived I felt he had publicly berated me. He advised that I should not detain someone if I had been drinking (which I had th…
-
Disclaimer noted. Chaps and chapesses I would appreciate the combined might of PS.com having a think about the following and if it would be legal. You are conducting an insurance fraud investigation. You have obtained a statement from the broker that states they are not insured. You plan a static stop site that is just down the road from said business, that is subject to investigation. You know that their entire fleet will drive out this way at a particular time and you plan to pull them all over and seize them. However there is a problem. You know that once the first vehicle is pulled over you believe that the driver or passenger will either phone the boss to te…
-
For a friend. What's the procedure here? Would you need to go through an inspector to get a warrant or is this enough grounds to go and do the door straight away? Also say this happened to be in my borough, could I put myself on duty and deal (obvs in uniform, with a CAD set up etc..) or would that not go down very well?
-
One time when frequenting your local gambling institution, you're approached whilst partaking in one of the slot machines on offer by a lone male. Wearing beat up clothing and carrying an over-the-shoulder backpack, he doesn't exactly fit the description of a typical casino-going punter and by all accounts seems under the influence of something. He takes up a seat on the machine next to you and pulls out a quantity of white power, which he claims to be cocaine. He then nonchalantly asks whether you and/or the person/s you are with are looking to buy. Of course, you say no which prompts him to vacate his seat and seemingly work his way around other revelers in the area. …
-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX-bQEscyXA So the guy was detained for BOP, which will all know is the Scottish catchall offence If this was in E&W I'm not sure what I'd do. s5 POA isn't applicable. I'm not sure if we would have any powers here? Anyone got any ideas?
-
Again, apologies as I'm pre-training.. You see a cyclist swerving around on the road, causing drivers to swerve and upon stopping you clearly see the rider is drunk. Apart from dangerous cycling, would you arrest for S30 RTA or S12 Licensing Act 1972? What would make you choose one over the other? Thanks
-
This scenario is completely hypothetical but one that had me thinking. If you were called to an address to reports of a female receiving threatening and abusive text messages from her ex-boyfriend, but when you arrive it becomes apparent that the 'abuser' is living in another country what would your course of action be? What could be the maximum thing be done in law, even if not practicable? If the 'abuser' lived in a country that did not recognise women's rights would a crime even have been committed? Does the amount of text messages received / period of time received over affect anything? If there was a death threat, what would then mean? If the abuser comes to En…
-
Okay, I've read a similar post on here but it was locked and my question is a fair bit different: You're on duty, searching a suspect's home with a colleague. Your force has recently received a lot of negative media attention after a handful of officers were involved in a corruption scandal that made the national news. Your colleague finds a roll of cash and you see him pocket roughly half of it before he puts the rest into an evidence bag. Do you cuff him and read him his rights there and then? Or do you let your superiors deal with it, knowing that he will have had a chance to dispose of the evidence and it's your word against his? My question isn't about needlessly …