Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scenario City

This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!

  1. henrygregory
    Started by henrygregory * ,

    Good evening. I have a non-obvious disablility with my spine. As such, my GP has been giving me an annual seatbelt exemption certificate for a number of years. This enables me to legally not wear a seatbelt if I am in enough pain that I would need to consider it. My question is, how would an officer deal with a situation, if he had pulled me over for not wearing a seat belt and I did not have the certificate with me? The reason I ask is that recently, I have been using more than one car, the the certificate is safely stored in the service book in the glove box of my main car. Would it be a simple case of me producing it at my local station? I am sure the chances of it…

      • Like
    • 72 replies
    • 2k views
  2. specialconstable1
    Started by specialconstable1,

    Police are called to a domestic incident whereby a couple who have previously been in a relationship, have children together but no longer love together. Ex partner has phoned the victim and threatens her down the phone. Victim then calls the police as she is scarred. Victim does not want to provide a statement in relation to this and does not want to attend court. What are the options here? There is a malicious communications offence here but effectively with no complainant....However as it is domestic related would you still arrest the suspect? How would you resolve this???

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 1.2k views
  3. MikeAlphaRomeoTango
    Started by MikeAlphaRomeoTango,

    Hi All, Just a scenario going through my head and this could have happened in the real world, i'd be interested to hear what you did. (I'm not a special or reg, so forgive any technical things I get wrong) Say you put a stop in on a car for a general thing, like a brake light out. You do a PNC on the driver (while you're away from the persons vehicle) and PNC comes back as Firearms markers and wanted for armed robbery. What do you do in this scenario? Interesting to hear from someone who has been in this situation.

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Administrative Account
  4. Jakers!
    Started by Jakers!,

    You are called to attend a local wood where a person is destroying badger traps that have been placed by officers from the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA). You get to the wood and the person ‘quotes the law’ at you stating that that they have destroyed the traps lawfully to protect property (the badgers) belonging to another in the belief that the property was in danger under the defence in section 5(2)(b) of the Criminal Damage Act 1971. They maintain that the badgers are property within the meaning under section 10 of the same Act arguing that despite the animals being 'wild' they become property when caught by the traps.[/size] Thoughts?

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 502 views
  5. prolixia
    Started by prolixia,

    Adam and Ben are both police officers on foot patrol at opposite ends of a long road. Adam hears Ben on the radio - he's chasing Charlie down the road and they're heading towards Adam. Adam spots Charlie running towards him and grabs him. Charlie tries to pull away so Adam cuffs him. However, at this point in time Adam doesn't know exactly why Ben was chasing Charlie - it might have been because Charlie had committed an offence, or Ben may have been trying to search him. There is a short delay whilst Adam contacts Ben to find out what to do with Charlie. In fact, by the time Adam has found out that Ben has seen Charlie smash a shop window Ben has already arrived and…

      • Like
    • 30 replies
    • 672 views
  6. Brett1546081566
    Started by Brett1546081566,

    A few of you might have seen this one doing the rounds over the past couple of days. What are your thoughts on it? Was the warden within his rights or stepped over his powers? How would you have acted if you were the officer called to clear this up? I don't know why, but it really tickles me when he's reeling off the caution whilst following her! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-_CXAOq2QI#action=share

    • 1 reply
    • 351 views
    Administrative Account
  7. Cameron
    Started by Cameron,

    Hello today I was in Tesco and saw some action. I am only 17, however when this scruffy chavy looking male walked towards the doors with a large backpack on, for some reason something told me he just seemed dodgy. The large backpack plus the way he was walking, his body language just made me think he doesn't look right. Then all of a sudden when he walked through the doors, the alarms went off and he just continued quickly on so a manager speed walked towards him, I thought it was probably just going to be a false alarm as it normally is. I was suprised they even followed him, often in shops the staff seem to ignore the alarms. I was surprised when they brought him back i…

      • Like
    • 45 replies
    • 1.9k views
  8. Guest Critical Incident
    Started by Guest Critical Incident,

    So how would you deal with this one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl808aIoAZI timing related to the video would be helpful

      • Like
    • 45 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Administrative Account
  9. spidey
    Started by spidey,

    I'm going to list a few arrests I've had and just curious as to what your necessities would have been in these situations. This comes to light after some recent training I've done. Interested to get other people's views. 1) Arrest request by another force. Male known on PNC for a single historic public order offence as a teenager. Now, aged 40, he has a full forensic match to a recent theft of metal to the value of £100. Attend his address and is fully compliant. My necessities were prompt and effective (by means of questioning) and prevent disappearance. 2) Woman left a clothes shop making no attempt to pay for goods, to the value of £200. Stop and search, find stolen …

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 1.3k views
  10. OscarWhiskeyEchoNovember
    Started by OscarWhiskeyEchoNovember,

    You are the Force incident commander, when would YOU call off a Pursuit i.e when the driver gets placed in medium category or until he starts swerving or enters another force area

      • Like
    • 28 replies
    • 1.1k views
    Administrative Account
  11. anotherharry
    Started by anotherharry,

    I thought I might see if anyone has some feedback on an incident I dealt with last night. I’m quite new (attested in Sep) and I don’t think I dealt with this very well. I think I do know what I did wrong but it would be good to get some more input. I had some good “everyone screws up, learn from it and don’t worry” advice from my skipper, so I know it’s not the end of the world! But good to reflect, I think. I was on foot patrol and we were dealing with a stop when a member of the public reported a male hiding something in a bush under a nearby bridge. We called it in to see if anyone else was nearby. The stop ended quicker than we thought so we went down to the bridge t…

      • Like
    • 33 replies
    • 1.3k views
  12. m6ilo
    Started by m6ilo,

    Here's a few different scenarios relating to carrying of bladed articles in public places. For reference: So then. Scenario 1 - a person is cycling and has on them a leatherman (e.g. http://www.leatherman.co.uk/product/Kick). Their reasonable excuse is that they may need it to do any fixing of their bicycle. However, what would they then do when at their destination? Would putting the Leatherman at the bottom of a bag suffice? Scenario 2 - a person is organising a demonstration at the local amateur radio club, which involves putting up masts and aerials etc. Would a Leatherman be legal to carry in this sense? Scenario 3 - a person is travelling on the railway to t…

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 2k views
  13. DanTheOutlaw
    Started by DanTheOutlaw,

    You're driving through a high-street on duty and notice that you're sat behind a NYPD FCVPI with full livery and light bar included. What would you do? I've heard of people doing this but I've always been interested in how the UK coppers would behave in this situation and what the law is regarding these vehicles, would it be considered police impersonation?

    • 13 replies
    • 501 views
  14. Double-six
    Started by Double-six,

    Ok, so you're on a train, on-duty and in uniform, on your own. It's a Friday evening and the train is fairly quiet; with about 20% of the seats in your coach taken up by passengers. There are no rail staff on the train other than the driver. You become aware of a group of 4 males, 20-30 years of age, who are behaving in a rowdy and anti-social fashion, verbally intimidating other passengers. As you approach you suspect they have been drinking or are on drugs based on their demeanour. Before you can say anything they see you, and start shouting and swearing at you. One of them stands up and walks towards you. What would you do? The next station is about 10 minutes awa…

      • Like
    • 70 replies
    • 2.6k views
  15. honestyvo
    Started by honestyvo,

    As above. What legal power do you as a police officer (not on duty) or a civvy have for removing an unwanted visitor from your home? Use of reasonable force to remove if they decide to not listen to verbal? Let's say a friends guest of a guest has decided to come for Christmas dinner at your house and was being rude - you no longer wanted him there. He refused to leave. Thanks.

      • Like
    • 26 replies
    • 2.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.