Scenario City
This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!
2301 topics in this forum
-
Hi, i've scoured UK law on 'impersonating a police officer' but cannot find an answer to the following scenario: Person A is not a police officer and neither is person B or person C. What offence (if any) is been committed if Person A states that person B is a police officer to Person C? In this scenario Person B has issued a request/instruction through Person A as a middleman to Person C and Person A falsely states in the process that Person B is a police officer. The instruction/request may otherwise have not been carried out by person C but because he/she understands the request/instruction is from a Police Officer they do it. Who is at fault and what is the crime…
-
Hi, I'm Pete and welcome to my first post. A bariatric (totally housebound, the kind of guy the Fire Brigade need to take to hospital via a removed wall) man is charged with an offence such as possession of child porn or fraud or something. He won't fit in a van, a cell or a courtroom... WHAT happens? I know this is amazingly daft, but it has me stumped!
-
I've been using Tesco's Home delivery Service since 2009 as I found it easier than taking a screaming baby to the supermarket and shopping while half-asleep . As usual my shopping was delivered one day last week. The next morning I'd gone to check my balance at the ATM and to my amazement noticed I had more money sitting in my account than I should have. I immediately thought, 'Ah Tesco's haven't taken their grocery money.' As some of you may know your card's debited on the morning of your delivery day, say around 7AM- ish?? So I've popped into the coffee shop, rang Direct Enquiries from a mobile phone got given Tesco Groceries number; both numbers were premium rate o…
-
Your on shift as a driver and you are out in an unmarked vehicle 2 up. You see a driver using a mobile phone but cannot effect a stop using your vehicle as you have no lights / 2 tones etc, however you are both in full uniform ................ What would be your course of action if any
-
Im on the way to wales now as it is and im just thinking about getting my uniform for specials as i start training on the 11th september. Just a quick thing, if you are a serving police officer or special constable and you were in ure house and someone broke in while you were in, if you got ure baton out and said to get out and all that and didnt and you hit them, would you get arrested or lose your position in the police? Sounds weird but just thinking haha
-
Said MOP drives past marked patrol vehicle at a RTC, which is holding a cordon in place. Offences? Fail to stop?
-
Hi all! I thought this may stir up some debate so this probably falls under the "what would you do" and moral category of Scenario City. Yesterday during training we were looking at witness statements / MG11's and the conversation got a bit side-tracked (as it sometimes does in class!), the DS who was taking the class spoke about a case I found interesting and I was thinking what I would have done in this scenario. Basically there was a number of MISPERS who you believe are linked and you are treating them as murder, to which you have a prime suspect. You haven't got enough evidence to arrest the prime suspect at the moment however during the investigation you have buil…
-
Ok this is just a scenario but it could well occur in day to day life. Walking down the street you observe a male in front of you, he looks a bit shifty. On walking past he stands to one side and starts talking to two other males who are standing to one side. You don't catch too much of the conversation but all you do hear is RIGHT HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT? (being said by the chap who was walking in front of you) one man of the two standing on the side replies 'I WANT 50G OF' And that's all that's heard. Suspecting it might be a potential deal, not having any PPE and being off duty what would you do? Directly approach and identify yourself to which all three are likel…
-
My first post here, go easy on me. I've been researching quite a number of Acts recently and was shocked when I came across section 89(2) of the Police Act 1996. Has anyone ever been found guilty of an offence for assisting a constable? If so it's going to make me think twice before helping my fellow man. Best regards, Andy
-
If, for example a MOP had driven to a quiet country road, parked in a secluded lay-by and taken an overdose which was a genuine, but failed, attempt what would happen. Is suicide still illegal and would you have committed an offence for being in the driver's seat albeit with the engine off? Also if no one had stopped to help and the person had to drive home groggy from the overdose and was stopped by the police would they be arrested or lose their licence? Curious.
-
I'm well aware that the debate into arming of police officers is well trodden ground for this forum as well as most other UK police forums as well as class rooms. However I thinking today what hypothetical situation would it take for public, the Government and even the police themselves to support the arming of all our police officers? In the past couple of years we have had high profile deliberate murders and attempted murders of police officers with firearms as well as mass disorder and the numerous other incidents were police confront offenders with firearms/other deadly weapons that are not reported in the press. These incidents have lead to some minor debate regard…
-
You're sat in a hotel bar having a drink with some friends, away from your home, and in a different force area to where you police. Whilst sat minding your own business, an man enters the bar area and sits at your table without being invited. During the conversation, he asks if you want to "sniff some coke". What would you do here? Detain, search and arrest; call the local force; refer to hotel staff; get up and leave; something else? Assume he wasn't bluffing and the man does have a small bag of cocaine in his pocket.
-
Hypothetical situation: An off duty PC witnesses a car speeding on the motorway whilst off duty. It’s recklessly tailgating other drivers and driving off well in excess of the speed limit. The PC takes note of the driver’s reg, what action(s) can the PC take against the driver either whilst off duty or when back on duty?
-
simply because you're a minority ethnic female . I've hesitated joining the police in the past because I was worried certain sectors of the public won't take me seriously because of my ethnicity. I know policing means exposing yourself to conflicting situations and want to think I'm highly tolerant and don't take myself too seriously. However I think it's quite plausible that some female/ethnic officers may find themselves in situations where in exercising their duty for instance they get racially abused or people refuse to acknowledge their authority? Short of nicking them what would you do in such circumstances? Have you had a bad experience? Thanks.
-
Your patrolling alone through the town centre when you are approached by a young teenager, they have a worried/scared expression on their face. "I think I'm being followed by a guy..." And they give you a brief description. You notice someone matching the description approaching you both. In their hand there appears to be a large knife. Apart from expressing how bad your day just became, what is your course of action?