Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scenario City

This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!

  1. Forlorn Hope
    Started by Forlorn Hope,

    32cm of Aluminum obviously shaped as an impact weapon now the Scenario your an officer on patrol when called to a break in, you arrive on scene to find a uniformed security guard brandishing the above - any offences? what action would you take? secondly you talk to the suspect , he is in cuffs and bleeding heavily from the head, he claims to have been hit with a baton the officer is carrying, no sign of an ASP - actions?

      • Like
    • 39 replies
    • 2.1k views
  2. bongo116
    Started by bongo116,

    Good morning all. Quick one, just interested to know what opinions are held on this one as I witnessed something similar last weekend and was shocked to see how it developed! The facts: 1) You're on duty patrolling on foot outside a busy nightclub/bar. 2) You hear a commotion and turn to see a bouncer ejecting someone from a premises. 3) The bouncer is physically shoving the (person A) 4) (A) is making no real attempt to resist, other than being verbal (swearing) about being ejected. 5) (A) turns to face the bouncer after having been shoved off the premises and continues shouting his innocence. 6) The bouncer turns to go inside but then obviously dislikes somethin…

      • Like
    • 60 replies
    • 2.5k views
  3. Formatted
    Started by Formatted,

    It is 2am, you are called to a on going domestic. Neighbours report an arguement and say man has pushed women to the ground in the drive way. Both individuals are very drunk and the women is bleeding from the knees. How would you proceed?

      • Like
    • 26 replies
    • 1.2k views
  4. Ares
    Started by Ares +,

    A person has been stabbed with a screwdriver in the neck and is in hospital. The victim has a small puncture wound. In order to ascertain the level of injury police asks the hospital for basic information about the injury and treatment the victim has received. The information is needed as the suspect is about to be interviewed. The victim is present and has provided written consent that police can obtain medical records. However, the nurse refuses to provide any information, citing the data protection act. Could one in theory arrest the nurse for obstructing police ?

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 378 views
  5. dannyboy123
    Started by dannyboy123,

    I was reading the posts on here (http://www.policespecials.com/forum/index.php?/topic/137814-emer-button-stories/) and a lot of them mention pressing the emer activation when chasing someone on foot. Now, I know that not all forces use the urgent call back function, but if you did engage in a foot chase would it be more appropriate to use emer activation or urgent call back? :new_hmmm: Assuming there is no immediate threat or danger...? (Apologies if this is a bit of an obvious one, I'm still a semi-newbie )

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 1.6k views
  6. HaroldMartinPrior
    Started by HaroldMartinPrior,

    Hey Everyone, I have long been a reader of this forum, which has been a very useful source of information and advice for me over the years, so I thought I'd finally get round to contributing. So, where I'm coming from with this: I've recently applied to join and am currently just waiting for the security vetting "All Clear" before I can start training. The scenario: This comes from a situation I walked passed recently. A people carrier had been pulled over by a police car on a dual carriageway. The police officer was speaking to a family (one adult male, one adult female and a toddler in a buggy) on the path I was walking along, away from the vehicles. Being a M…

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 1.2k views
  7. Special101
    Started by Special101,

    Hello all, I imagine this in entirely a civil matter but would love some advice if there is a legal aspect on this following situation I unfortunately find myself in. Last week I was driving home after a job very late in the evening into the early hours. I was incredibly tired and found myself very quickly so exhausted my eyes were closing and I was starting to fall asleep. Obviously I decided to pull off the motorway and get some sleep at the next safest point to do so which were services a few miles away. I pulled into the dimly lit motorway services. Parked up in the almost empty car park and went to sleep for a few hours. Just short of 3 hours I woke up and I stepp…

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 2.5k views
    HampshireSaint
  8. rewriter2
    Started by rewriter2,

    So youre a Uni student that lives in portsmouth. Like other students you regularly enjoy the nights at guild hall. Whilst being a student you are also a special in your spare time. One night out at guild hall enjoying yourself you get into a verbal altercation with door staff resulting in you getting barred from that club. The next week you are out as a special on duty and are required to enter the club you are barred from to deal with a situation.. Before entering the door staff stop you and refuse you entry due to being barred the previous week. What actually would happen in this situation? Can they stop you entering?

      • Like
    • 72 replies
    • 4k views
  9. DS168
    Started by DS168,

    Hi all Last weekend I was assisting with training some of our newer SPC's on their stop and search input. It was a practical exercise where I was playing the role of a person suspected of carrying a knife. The brief the officers were given was just my description from a witness who believed they had seen me carrying a knife, no vehicle was mentioned. When the officers approached me I was walking towards a vehicle (the only vehicle in the car park where this exciting and dynamic incident was unfolding). Once I was stopped the officers went through all the normal stop/search process and searched me, they found no knife (I did not have one in this case) however they did …

    • 16 replies
    • 931 views
  10. Reg Hollis1546081394
    Started by Reg Hollis1546081394,

    As per the title. I love a party as much as the next person, but is there anything I can do about an unreasonably loud neighbour? As we speak I'm listening to a chorus of "we are the champions"... which isn't entirely a bad thing. However, I since I live about 6-8 houses away and can hear it as clear as a bell, I want to know what I can do about it, should it continue much longer. Cheers.

      • Like
    • 37 replies
    • 4.9k views
  11. shchuka
    Started by shchuka,

    During a shift last night, there were 6 of us in a minibus, with the skipper behind the wheel. As we were driving along the High street (Friday night, lots of clubs/bars/etc), a call comes in about a fight outside a club involving up to 10 people, just 200 yards from where we were. We turn around and get to the club. By the time we're there, there's no fighting, but still quite a bit of agressive shouting and pointing. The six of us separated the parties involved trying to calm them down, which worked out quite well. As the things calmed down, one of the door staff from the club pulled me aside and said something to the extent of "officer, just before you arrived, one…

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Administrative Account
  12. McScottish
    Started by McScottish,

    Based on a real life scenario that happened whilst I was on duty a while ago (I'll say what I did in a bit, but I'd be interested to hear how other people would have dealt with the situation). You are given an anonymous tip off that a driver of a car currently parked at a pub is liable to be over the drink drive limit and will be leaving at a specific time. You park up nearby and see the car still parked outside the pub. After about 10 minutes you see it pulling off and it drives about 400 yards up the road before turning into a private residential drive. No road traffic offences have been committed during the short journey and there have been no RTCs. You pull up be…

      • Like
    • 26 replies
    • 2.2k views
    IrateShrike +
  13. tonigsc
    Started by tonigsc +,

    Saw this yesterday in a Norfolk town, a chap rode down the road on what looked like a Scooter. Instead of a rear number plate he had a handwritten notice which said 'electric bike'. He wasn't wearing a helmet. If you google 'Hero Electric Optima Plus' it looked exactly like that. Is he breaking the law by not wearing a helmet, and by not having a number plate? (I know these things are probably duty free, but for all intents and purposes it just looks like a normal scooter).

    • 12 replies
    • 2.5k views
  14. Glynsmith1
    Started by Glynsmith1,

    Owner of vehicle takes the vehicle in for a repair at the dealership the owner purchased the vehicle from. when the vehicle was collected there is evidence to suggest that the vehicle has been used for personal use whilst in the possession of the dealership (receipts and birthday card in the foot well) at no point did the owner give consent for the vehicle to be taken from the dealership by any other person. is this TWOC?

    • 12 replies
    • 858 views
    GoneForgotten
  15. blueman28
    Started by blueman28,

    Lovely Street is a road of semi-detached houses, each built on approximately the same design; a rear garden connects to the driveway out front by means of a side gate which can only be opened from the garden side. Access from the house to the garden is by a rear door. One day on a night shift, at approximately 2300 hrs, you are sent to a call from a person who has reported that there are two males in his garden standing near his rear door. He does not recognise the males and they do not have permission to be in the garden. The side gate is still closed, so he believes the males have climbed over the wall from the alleyway behind his house. The caller remains on the l…

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 688 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.