Scenario City
This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!
2301 topics in this forum
-
So, MetPol in Barking are conducting some stops. A bit of to do occurs. A cameraman with questionable impartiality and a sack of potatoes upon his clavicle is recording and commenting then at around 5 minutes in starts to engage with said officers. Cameraman repeatedly drops the 'n' word and is asked to desist by a PC. This causes cameraman to assert that due to his (cameraman's) skin colour he is allowed to use the 'n' word but that the PC by virtue of being white skin colour is neither allowed to be offended nor to use the 'n' word. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN7n-lONDQM Would you have locked up/summonsed? I would have, not all black people see the word as a 'lib…
-
So ... Like most I have insurance to drive other vehicles with my CAR insurance. Question what do you think the term "other vehicles" means? I have added a poll too Our standard disclaimer: This forum is not intended as a legal advice drop-in centre. PoliceSpecials.com disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, operability or availability of information or material on this site, including - but not limited to - the documents available in the 'Reference Library' and 'Downloads' areas. Please note that comments and advice given here with the best of intentions by the host, moderators or other use…
-
I was watching a program about co -joined twins. Say a co-joined twin assaulted someone and the other twin was innocent. You go to talk to the twin who committed the offence and the twin punches you. You need to arrest, but how would you do this knowing that the other twin is innocent? I understand that this is very very unlikely to happen and there is probably no clear answer but thought it would be an interesting question.
-
This event has been playing on my mind ever since earlier on today for some reason and despite the fact that whatever happened happened and I cannot do anything about it but I'm wondering if I did the right thing or not and if anyone would have done the same or different. Basically having gone on a little shopping trip today , I came across a girl at one of the bus stop's in our town centre. She seemed young (around the age of 13/14/15) and she was walking around the bus shelter checking herself out in the reflection of the post , walking around in a distressed and agitated nature. Then I looked down .... and saw that she was barefoot! Not a shoe in sight. She turned out…
-
So you are on duty one sunny warm winter feburary and it's freezing or something, and you get a call saying that someone has been seen carrying a sword. You go to the place said person is and he is claiming that it is his common law right to bear arms. What would you do?
-
-
Real story, not a what if. I was leaving the tube station and a fare dodger barged past the guy infront of me who was going through the barrier. I saw what happened and shouted "Stop Mate". He turned around and by that point my warrant card was already visible to him, once he realised who I was he bolted out of the station like a cheetah on speed. I did not pursue as it's not worth the risk, but I looked down the street and he was still running 50m away. Instead I just let the station know (which undoubtedly happens a lot to them) and went home. I did not, however, report it to my force (Met) - should I have, and did I have any obligation to report it to them? I don't se…
-
Just a scenario i could've come across today at work, so thought i'd post and see what your courses of action would be. I park my vehicle legally (no lines on road etc) on a single lane res road, but in the oncoming lane is a marked disabled parking bay at exactly the same point. A disabled motorist then parks a vehicle in said bay, completely blocking the road. Who is in the wrong? And any offences? Also, in regards to parking opposite a bus stop (i.e same situation), is that illegal? As there would only be a temporary block of the road.
-
Hi all, Ok so imagine that you're on routine patrol single crewed when you turn into a residential street and see a car in the middle of the road with it's engine running, you then see two males wielding bats exit a property and get into the car which then proceeds to drive off. The man who has been assaulted also exit's the property and is in quite bad shape. What is the correct procedure for dealing with this type of incident? Do you stay with the victim? or Radio for an ambulance and then start the initial pursuit?
-
I'll let you know what happened to myself and another similar incident: Drove a very drunk male to the hospital, no need to baby sit him (Thank god). Walked back to our patrol car and as we drove off my door (Passenger side) flung open. The male had come outside and grabbed onto the door handle. Told him to get back inside the hospital and we left it at that. Another similar incident. On patrol in town center on a Friday night. See a male urinating, so stop and get out. Hear a door opening and some drunk is trying to get into the car which us unlocked. Any offences? What are they?
-
As a special, how do you introduce yourself when having to deal with situations off-duty? Do you specifically say you are a Special Constable or to avoid confusion do you just say you're a Police Officer? I suppose this could apply to on-duty, over the phone or any other situation as well! Just a question that crossed my mind BF
-
You are on patrol and get a call to someone threatening to set fire to themselves. You turn up and the bloke is covered in petrol and sets fire to himself right in front of you and starts running about. Would the use of Taser to stop the male running about and ground him to enable attempts to put out the flames be justified?
-
Hey all, hope everyone is well. Would love to know how each of you would have reacted in this scenario that faced me earlier. Quick bit of background info. I attested as a special a couple of months ago. Not done any shifts or operations yet due to work constraints. I was going home after work this afternoon on the tube. Peak time, lots of tourists going home time. As I'm sat down, I notice a man board the train to my right, he has a rucksack on and immediately spins it from his back to his front and is standing by the doors. I had noticed a man a few stops earlier to my left who I had thought appeared somewhat shifty and he is now stood to my right next to the man w…
-
Something similar to this situation happened to someone I know (mods feel free to give me the standard disclaimer, although I am just looking for opinions and have absolutely no intention of getting involved in this situation other than discussing it here!) The facts: 1) You apply for a job 2) You attend an interview where they offer you the job. (In an obviously rented office space, different to the registered address of the company) 3) Before you are given the job you MUST do 3 weeks 'training' unpaid. 4) You are charged a £30 deposit for keys, etc - (this part would have rang alarm bells in my mind but I guess if you're desperate for employment you might risk it…
-
There is a man who lives next to the pub in my town and he is a heavy alcoholic. He rarely eats as he can't afford to and every night he comes to the pub and buys several bottles of booze to take home. Almost every weekend a paramedic will arrive at the pub asking if anyone has called 999. They have been receiving calls all day (because he has been heavily intoxicated all day) from someone who has given the address of the pub and claims to need an ambulance. It's got to the stage that every time they arrive it's obvious who has called them so we send them next door to his house. We have all tried to talk sense in to him but obviously there is no immediate cure for alcoho…