Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scenario City

This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!

  1. rpufran
    Started by rpufran,

    Hi just an interesting question... If you have an in car camera that records forward and it films a blatant traffic offence could you then pursue the offence when you are on duty next? looking forward to replies

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 1.1k views
  2. Peacemaker

    I expect the following type of situations have been done to death but I couldn't find anything in search. So please bear with me. This hypothetical question crossed my mind while out riding my motorbike yesterday. A driver pulled out of a side road in front of me causing me to brake hard and veer right into the centre of the road to avoid him. I'm convinced he'd seen me as he looked directly at me before pulling out, I simply gave him an earful of horn and carried on. However, it occurred to me that once I go through training (starting on Sunday) and am attested I'll be carrying a warrant card with me. In those circumstances even though not in uniform it would hav…

    • 1 reply
    • 471 views
    Administrative Account
  3. olb30
    Started by olb30,

    Just curious.... You parked up your patrol car to go and pick up a statement or whatever and upon returning you see a youth spit at the car's windscreen. A nice big greener all over your nice car's windscreen. How lovely. What action would you take, and what offences have occurred (If any). My automatic thought is Crim Damage, but the spit is easily removed with a quick blast of the washer and wipers, so surely it's not damage? What can you / should you do as a Police officer? Ta.

      • Like
    • 64 replies
    • 2.7k views
  4. dannyboy123
    Started by dannyboy123,

    Has anyone been working (not on duty for the Police) and had to badge out? I mean, my day job is working in a shop, but would it be acceptable to badge out while I'm at work? I mean obviously if I see someone shop lift right in front of me then yeah, but say it wasn't to the companies benefit? Say you smelt drugs on someone... what would you do?

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 1k views
  5. SWB
    Started by SWB,

    I was waiting at a busy bus stop earlier on today, as a bus pulled up it opened its middle doors (exit doors) to let passengers off and before they closed a man jumped onto the bus through the exit doors and quickly went up the stairs therefore avoiding the fare and any communication with the driver. Before I had a chance to tell the driver, he'd pulled off. What would you do in this situation if you were on the bus? Or if you weren't on the bus and just saw it like I did? What offences have been committed? Would you have the right to tell the man to pay and if he didn't/couldn't would you have the right to remove him from the bus? By force if necessary? I'm not in t…

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 1k views
  6. prolixia
    Started by prolixia,

    Cute Cathy and Creepy Chris work in the same office. Cathy always leaves her house keys on her desk while she is in the office. One afternoon she returns to her desk to find that they are missing. "Where are my keys?", demands Cathy. "Here you go," replies Chris handing her her keys, "I borrowed them to get a copy made. Now I can let myself into your house and have a snoop around". Chris shows her his copy of her front door key and then refuses to discuss the matter further. Cathy is distressed at the idea that Chris can now get into her house and doesn't want to pay for new locks. She calls the police and you arrive. Has Chris committed an offence? Is there any…

      • Like
    • 66 replies
    • 1.5k views
    TangoBravoVimto
  7. Iambrittas
    Started by Iambrittas,

    I've always enjoyed this site. I'm long retired now from my role as a court usher in the magistrates court but in the last few weeks I've had several discussions with my cousin's nephew who is in the early part of his career with the Essex Constabulary. I wouldn't dream of giving him advice but we have chatted about lots of things I saw police officers do well and not so well at court. Here's a strange one that goes back a few years, what does anyone think? Sometime in the early-mid 1980's, before the days of the CPS when police officers used to prosecute and present their own cases, I was in court when a young officer had just come to the end of his evidence and was abo…

      • Like
    • 29 replies
    • 3.8k views
  8. mattm_g
    Started by mattm_g,

    Said male decides to assault another on a flight over Europe having taken of from the British isles. Guilty or not guilty? If so British law or country your flying over?

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 607 views
  9. Lior
    Started by Lior,

    Dear folks, this scenario is based on an incident that unfolded hereabouts a good few years ago. A bloke has been apprehended for stealing trout from a fishery. The interviewer's a tad busy and there is a long wait until the suspect can be interviewed. As evidence, the arresting constables bring in a plastic bag with two live trout in it. The bag is a tad leaky, with water dripping on the floor of the nick. The arresting officers have to control the irate fish as well as the suspect. What should be the priority here - keeping the animals alive and getting them back to the reservoir, or producing forensic evidence to show that this gentleman has been a naughty boy? A t…

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 413 views
  10. Soap
    Started by Soap +,

    So how would you do it? You have a person who is missing an arm, who you have placed under arrest. In doing so he begins to strike you. How would you go about restraining him? Lets just for the scenario's sake say you are on your own.

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 1.5k views
  11. onurlevent
    Started by onurlevent,

    A local guy comes in to my place of work every week offering services with women. What would you? I tell him to get lost but no joy. Do I need to mention I'm a police officer?

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 935 views
  12. Santisuk1546081549
    Started by Santisuk1546081549,

    Just a quick one. Your a full IPS special onboard a flight going on a family holiday. In the seat next to you across the isle is a large built gentleman with his seat fully reclined, the gentleman behind him keeps tugging on the headrest and won't let the reclined gentleman sleep. 6 Hours into the 9 hour flight things get heated, Verbal altercations occur, people around begin looking and air stewards get involved managing to calm the large gentleman down (not before expressing his hatred towards 'arabs' and how he is fixing to 'sort him out'). In that situation what happens if it kicks off? Are the airline staff trained to deal with it or will they put a call out for …

      • Like
    • 42 replies
    • 2.9k views
  13. shchuka
    Started by shchuka,

    This is completely hypothetical (for me at least): never happened to me or anyone I know personally - however I see this as a viable possibility. You're on foot patrol in the evening, on busy high street. In an alleyway just off the high street you see a guy taking a leak in a doorway. You come over to "give a word of advice" - he gets arsy - and you decide to issue a PND. The guy does a runner. Now, there are two possibilities: (1) you already told him that you'll be issuing a PND; (2) you haven't told him yet. In case (1), you can probably nick him for public order offence (urinating in the street), maybe even "obstrct police", using "disappearance" as reason for a…

      • Like
    • 32 replies
    • 1.5k views
  14. Whirlybird1546081382
    Started by Whirlybird1546081382 +,

    My first full shift was on Sunday, an eye opener ! At about 12pm. we were called, twice, on an immediate to a road where 2 males in dark clothes had been seen looking in cars, a car alarm was going off and a resident was searching for these people. First time we found nothing. Second time we found nothing, but we saw two males walking along the road. My reg partner stopped and asked where these two had come from and what they were doing in the area (I was sitting in the passenger seat thinking, "I'm sure we did something like this in training, but cant remember a thing"). Straight away, they started on "What legislation" blah, blah, blah The reg was getting a little …

      • Like
    • 31 replies
    • 1.1k views
  15. cookyy2k
    Started by cookyy2k,

    So hypothetical situation. A couple move in together but only one signs the lease as they pay all the rent. They have a falling out and the one not on the lease moves leaving a lot of their things behind since it's only going to be temporary. If after trying to work it out for a while they break up, the person not names on the lease enters the property with their key to collect their stuff while the lease holder is out and hasn't given permission. Is this breaking any laws? While they're entering with a key and only taking their stuff they don't have permission to be there.

    • 8 replies
    • 546 views
    Administrative Account

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.