Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scenario City

This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!

  1. chris97

    Someone climbed in my garden last night, he threw eggs and was attacking the house, I grabbed a golf club, turned the light on, put the lead on my staffie and told him to stop, then when he ran I told the dog to speak, so she barks and growls, it scared him out of the garden, however my dog has never, and will never bite anyone, iv just trained her to speak haha, what if he hadnt run? What if I hit him with the golf club? Or if if he attacked me and the dog bit him? Would I lose my dog? Would I be done for using a weapon? Please bare in mind, this boy has vandalised my house for minths, sent me death threats and tried to assault me, hes 15, and getting away with it. I wan…

      • Like
    • 39 replies
    • 2k views
  2. HC999
    Started by HC999,

    You and a colleague attend a recreational ground after neighbours report a strong smell of cannabis in the air, on arrival a large group of males 15-17 years old, are sitting under a tree. You both walk over and the group begin to get up and disperse. You call them all back and begrudgingly they oblige. Based on the information supplied by close neighbours, the strong smell, and suspicious behaviour, all are searched, s23 MDA. All going fine until the last male, 17, answers his phone and starts to tell the caller to 'hide the drugs, bill are here, searching us all down the rec, dont come down yet'. Do you; A, Ignore the fact he's on the phone saying that, and carry on …

      • Like
    • 49 replies
    • 1.8k views
  3. Better than jeebs
    Started by Better than jeebs,

    If someone had presented a DL with a date of birth that is one digit out, is there an offence? Of so what offence please, can't find it anywhere.

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 1.7k views
  4. cookyy2k
    Started by cookyy2k,

    This happened to me tonight when I was driving to the gym... Car A was a Fiat Punto with 4 male occupants ~18 years old. "Car" B a Toyota pick up with one male occupant ~35 years old. The two cars were coming towards me on a quiet residential (speed limit 30 mph) road. B was around 2 foot behind A as they came along the road and seemed to be agitated (from the way he was darting around behind A) as they got close I noticed A was doing around 5 mph with the driver staring in his rear view mirror and everyone in the car laughing. As I got close B attempted to overtake A at which point A accelerated hard, B had to swerve back in behind A to avoid a collision with myself (I…

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 853 views
    Richard Yokely
  5. Aspiring MSC
    Started by Aspiring MSC,

    I had an unexpected insight into how the other half live or shouldn't live in this case. Was rudely awakened by my new upstairs neighbours at twenty past two this morning as the walls are so thin in our converted Edwardian ? flats. He's obviously a wife-beater as I could hear him whacking and shoving her around their flat and her piercing screams must've woken up the whole of Surrey. I got quiet frightened as it sounded very nasty, so I sat up in bed listening... It all quietened down after about half an hour and just as I was dozing off.. I heard her belt out the loudest scream ever, yelling at him to get out of the room. He's presumably gone and tried it on... They …

      • Like
    • 38 replies
    • 1.2k views
  6. thecricketer
    Started by thecricketer,

    So yesterday when I was on the bus a drunken male started swearing at another man for no apparent reason. I had used my warrant card on the bus, therefore I intervened as it was about to get physical! I approached by yelling 'oi police officer here!' I then separated and created distance between the two parties. I used a little bit of my investigative skills and ask the driver if the drunken male had payed for his ticker and the driver said he hasn't. Therefore, I told the drunken male to leave the bus at the next bus stop and he did and the matter was solved. My question is what if he had refused to leave and had payed for the bus ticket? Do we have a power to tell th…

      • Like
    • 26 replies
    • 1.4k views
  7. DanTheOutlaw
    Started by DanTheOutlaw,

    I have a bit of an unusual question but anyway, what would you do if for example you were working for I don't know.. let's say Cleveland police and on your patrol you noticed a police car in front of you and upon further inspection you noticed it had a different crest for example hertfordshire. One - would this car even be noticed by local police and two what would you be expected to do in this situation? Would you have to pull them over or what? Reason I ask is because a friend of mine asked me this question yesterday, I thought it seemed like an interesting question so why not ask it here?

      • Like
    • 64 replies
    • 3.1k views
  8. Mayday
    Started by Mayday,

    You're alone walking through the high street when a call comes over the radio that a female is in one of the pubs down the road, in their toilets with a knife slitting her wrists. Two scenarios 1) Ambo crew is already there, however the female is aggressive and won't allow anyone near her to help, 2) Ambo crew has not yet arrived at scene and can't give an ETA (basically you're told you have no idea when they'll arrive). What would you do in the above two situations? I remember at work reading a report where the Control room inspector stated on the airwaves that the expectation is "Officers will intervene to protect life and will not wait for tazer to arrive". Howeve…

      • Like
    • 26 replies
    • 1.2k views
  9. dannyboy123
    Started by dannyboy123,

    Mods, I was unsure where to post this so feel free to move if its in the wrong place. Part 1 - Basically, during my initial training we were told of a story where some Specials who had only just started their training (and hadn't been attested) were deployed to support Regular officers after something serious had happened in a little town somewhere. I can't remember what had happened, but they basically were used to stand around in the local area just to provide extra high visibility presence. Now would this be classed as Impersonating a PC because they aren't attested? Part 2 - If someone tried to stop these Specials, who haven't been attested, could they be arr…

    • 10 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. LeanneSC
    Started by LeanneSC,

    You're a female officer on foot going round introducing yourself to the community, you come across a mosque which is a men only Muslim (for example) mosque. As you are a female, they refuse to speak to you and won't let you introduce yourself. What would you do personally?

      • Like
    • 46 replies
    • 1.7k views
  11. Slim Jim
    Started by Slim Jim,

    Hello, Something that I have thought of today after reading of the continual "cat and mouse" game that some travellers down in Poole/Bournemouth have been playing with the local councils and Police, is whether we can be using Section 59 of the PRA? And before any one says anything, I have had no involvement with any groups down there so will not know the full facts and this is just thinking out loud. The use of Section 59 would come down mostly to the Section 34 RTA 1988 offence. The encampments seem to be on public recreation areas and I would say driving of vehicles (Not static caravans) in these places would cause annoyance to people using the park, as you might not …

    • 5 replies
    • 538 views
  12. Aspiring MSC
    Started by Aspiring MSC,

    What would you do if you're on patrol and you see a mate of yours doing something unlawful LOL? Would you shop them? Or what if for instance a friend of yours gets stopped for driving an uninsured vehicle? Do you pretend you don't know them as you don't wanna be disloyal? I told my mate I'd applied to join the Met and he said to me 'yeah yeah as if you'd pull me over in London ? Is there a law that excuses you from getting personally involved when the offender is known to you?

      • Like
    • 31 replies
    • 1.9k views
    Administrative Account
  13. LeanneSC
    Started by LeanneSC,

    You're on foot patrol on your own through a busy city centre and a man approaches you with a metal pole. What would you do?

      • Like
    • 105 replies
    • 3.5k views
  14. OscarTango_
    Started by OscarTango_,

    So I was out on the street a month ago and I decided to stop a male who I had seen selecting items in a store but not had not seen pay for them but I had not seen him put them back either. When I approached him he became very aggressive and avoided all my questions and decided to answer them with profanities instead. All round a pleasant individual. Long story short I decided to stop and search him and was going through GOWISELY and my cover officer wasn't doing his job properly and the male decided to belt it down the street before I could grab him. I sprinted after him and caught him on a short distance, he refused to take his hands out his pockets or drop his bags so I…

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 941 views
  15. Mike Juliet Delta
    Started by Mike Juliet Delta,

    So you see a cyclist run a red light. Scenario 1 You pull him up and try to get his details. It takes time but you manage to get them. You go to give him the ticket but he refuses to take it, what would you do. Scenario 2 Reasons as above but he refuses to give details. Do you arrest for the original red light offence?

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 736 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.