Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scenario City

This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!

  1. Scot
    Started by Scot,

    So you once your passed Immigration control, you're on international land and technically no longer in the UK. What happens with offences committed in this area? Ie. theft from luggage from another passenger, theft from a duty free shop, disorder etc? I imagine in Scotland you could revert to some common law to help you but I don't know what the prodecure would be elsewhere.

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 663 views
    Better than jeebs
  2. Paxo
    Started by Paxo,

    You're on the motorway around mid day on a fine sunny day. You see a car with 2 people in go past you around 95 mph. He stops as soon as you ask. The driver explains that they had joined the motorway when the passenger started to feel unwell and said he thought he was having a heart attack. The passenger agreed with that story and said he asked the driver to put his foot down and get him to the casualty unit that is not far from the next junction, about 5 miles away. The passenger is not looking well at all, grey faced and sweating. The passenger adds that he is a serving officer in your Force and is on reduced duties after not long ago returning to work following a ma…

      • Like
    • 88 replies
    • 3.8k views
  3. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    Billy is a driver but more often than not walks. He is becoming increasingly frustrated with other drivers to take chances on amber lights at junctions and crossings, and those on mobiles. At the times he walks, he has a couple of small bean bags, the type small school children use to throw - they cannot cause any damage, they cannot drape anything and thereby obscure any view. On the occasions he judges the driver to be blatantly ignoring an amber, or sees one on a mobile phone, and judges the individual situation to be safe for the driver and himself (assume that it is), Billy lobs a beanbag at the windscreen which does no more than make a soft noise. On occasions th…

      • Like
    • 30 replies
    • 1.9k views
    Better than jeebs
  4. Aspiring MSC
    Started by Aspiring MSC,

    I'm writing a legal essay for which I have to read PACE 1984 and came across section 24A (1) which says a person other than a constable may arrest without a warrant... It reminded me of a TV documentary I saw about 7/8 years ago staring Chris Eubank when he was out in his town and saw the police chasing a suspect, he got out of his car if I remember correctly, ran after the suspect and caught him, saying he was performing a citizen's arrest. Does any one remember seeing that? It was hilarious! Anyway I was wondering has a member of the public every carried out an arrest on your behalf? Or if they did, how would you respond? Would you think they were obstructing or hel…

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 917 views
  5. operationfirestorm
    Started by operationfirestorm,

    Imagine the scenario, what would you do. Friend calls me, explains that their neighbor is letting their dog use his front door/porch/path as a toilet while neighbor is present and dog is on a lead. Neighbor is next door and has been spoken to but it continues. Any laws broken? Can council intervene? I was lost to comment other than to be a bit firmer with the neighbor including asking them to sanitise the area. Awkward situation.

      • Like
    • 53 replies
    • 1.8k views
    operationfirestorm
  6. prolixia
    Started by prolixia,

    This is a real scenario, but from the early 80's. I was just wondering how people would handle it now. John knocks on Amy Molar's front door. When she opens the door he tells her that he used to live in her town, but moved away some years ago. When he lived there he had a dentist called Mrs Molar but he doesn't know her first name and has had no other contact with her. Last night he had a dream that Mrs Molar was in danger and he is working his way round all the Molars in the local phone book so that he can save her. Amy doesn't know a dentist called Molar and find John's visit very creepy. She calls the police who pick John up in the next street. John is very vag…

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 845 views
  7. MSCstudent
    Started by MSCstudent,

    Hi, so I work in the House of Commons a couple of days a week and the other day I was wandering the following: You go to search a Member of the Public, upon informing the suspect/MOP that you intend to search them, they produce documentation which shows that they are an employee of the MOD/Government/Any other security governmental organisation and that they have a high level security clearance. You still feel you need to search them, but they refuse to give consent and resist insisting that they are carrying sensative material which you do not have adequete clearance to see etc. What do you do?

      • Like
    • 55 replies
    • 3.1k views
  8. Medic-7
    Started by Medic-7,

    Hi all, I have a question for any specials who are medically qualified (doctors, paramedics etc). How do you approach situations which you come across on duty as a special which require medical expertise? Where do you stand on having a duty of care? I can see that it might be difficult if you're at a scene trying to perform two roles. I'm particularly thinking of situations like RTCs where there might be urgent care needed. By the time I get round to getting training dates, completing training (hopefully!) and attesting I will be qualified so I want to have a good idea where I stand before I start. Obviously I am going to contact MDU, MPS (medical protection society no…

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. Guest Critical Incident
    Started by Guest Critical Incident,

    you are on foot patrol, independent on a sunny day in the afternoon. As you look around you suddenly ID a possible suspect wanted for burglary in a car right in front of you in the car park. You are on the right hand side of the car. The info was given in the briefing, and the suspect is a known escapee. The suspect is sitting in a car with his windows down, keys in the ignition with the engine off. His car doors seems locked. What would you do?

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 694 views
  10. Sweenie
    Started by Sweenie,

    Hello... Old member here turning to the site for a bit of advice... I realise this isn't technically police-related though it's kinda close A young french lad I work with has been given a parking ticket. It was a ticket issued by a local council rather than by the police or a private company. For various reasons he can't pay the fine (let's not go down that cul-de-sac!) and is wondering if he will be traced. I was wondering if anyone could shed any light? I did a bit of googling and one article suggests that it currently isn't possible to trace French cars (unlike many others) because the french authorities won't give out the details!! Other stories seem to suggest t…

      • Like
    • 26 replies
    • 809 views
    Jeebs1546081084
  11. Account Deleted
    Started by Account Deleted,

    True scenario that happened to me about 5-6 years ago; curious to see what could/should of happened. Scenario: It's an autumn afternoon and a transit van is being driven in a normal and sensible fashion through some country lanes. It has been raining heavely for the past couple of days and the roads are littered with large puddles. As the can goes around a corner, a motorcyclist is coming in the opposite direction. The road is plenty wide enough for the two vehicles to pass without incident BUT the road has been flooded with about 4 inches of water. It just so happens that both vehicles go through the flood at the same time, which results in the motorcyclist getting s…

      • Like
    • 60 replies
    • 1.8k views
  12. special by name
    Started by special by name,

    OK so your name Is Joe blogs, you are a substantive special constable of 3 years service. You full time job is a first responder for your local ambulance service (thus being blue light trained) ...so my question, would you be able to activate the blue lights and der-ders to a 999 call whilst on duty as a special?

    • 15 replies
    • 744 views
    TangoBravoVimto
  13. mrsLukas
    Started by mrsLukas,

    That was few months ago I was driving on a well known to me single carriageway where speed limit is 50mph. I was driving behind someone who's driving was awful. Doing speeds between 40-47mph so when I made sure it's safe I started overtaking and when doing so the car sped off! So I pressed the accelerator to finish overtaking quickly and safely! Then the car I overtook was tailgating me and started flashing with full beams and using horn. After few miles when I was getting close to my place I noticed the car was following me! And when I parked in front of my house the car stopped next to me, opened the window and I saw about 70 years old gran with chihuahua on the passeng…

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 418 views
  14. Forlorn Hope
    Started by Forlorn Hope,

    Ok here is an interesting one (I think) for you you're walking home from work and turn a corner to find a large number of students shouting at police, as you're making you way through the crowd you witness a student stood behind a PC, raise a large piece of wood above his head as if to strike the officer from behind The PC is dealing with another shouting type and is oblivious to the danger What would you do?

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 455 views
    Administrative Account
  15. Ndaw4
    Started by Ndaw4,

    You're on uniformed patrol in a drug dealing hotspot near to the City Centre when the CCTV room shouts up a male passing packages in exchange for money on the street. You are very close and in a vehicle, so attend. On arrival, you find the chap who begins walking away as he see's your car. You alight from the vehicle like a gazelle and detain him for a search. As you're about to cuff him up, you grab one arm and his other goes to his mouth before you can grab it. In the arm you're holding is a bag of Greggs. An s.23 search reveals about £150 in ten pound notes in various pockets, two mobile phones and a lighter. CCTV shouts up that they've seen the male out somethi…

      • Like
    • 26 replies
    • 1.3k views
    Jeebs1546081084

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.