Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scenario City

This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!

  1. Alcedema
    Started by Alcedema,

    Apologies if the answer is glaringly obvious, but I've still yet to begin my training however this crossed my mind when I saw the following happen; At night, the car in front of me drove through a red light at ped. crossing, to the dismay of a pedestrian on it at the time. Having caught up to the vehicle and stopped alongside at the next traffic lights, I could see the driver was looking down at his mobile, using it. If I had been attested by that point, what would be the protocol to begin proceedings against this individual once I was back on duty? I had my kids in the back at the time so all I could do was to tell him to put his phone down, to which I was promptly on…

      • Like
    • 41 replies
    • 1.7k views
    Samsonite5215
  2. Brett0104
    Started by Brett0104,

    So, on foot patrol, etc etc, got reasonable ground, PACE 1 S&S etc.. ..you find a small amount of cannabis on the person, check details, comes back, had a Cannabis Warning and had a PND. My question is this, am I right in thinking the next course of action is to arrest the person for possession?? If so, WHAT IS THE NECESSITY?? The person is compliant, you have their name, address (both been confirmed), not drunk, not doing anything else wrong, just have the substance on them. Thanks

      • Like
    • 52 replies
    • 2.3k views
  3. LMAB90
    Started by LMAB90,

    Hi all - I will shortly start my training as a PCSO (which I am really looking forward to). Earlier today I had a thought and wondered what PCSO powers I will be allocated with in relation to cannabis/and the use of other drugs and the driving of a vehicle? Especially in relation to this particular scenario (both explanation of potentially on and off duty actions are appreciated) - The scenario... You walk past a car and notice a man opening the driver's side door and sits in the driver's seat; there is a distinctive smell of cannabis in the air and it is either coming from inside the car or on the man himself - You believe that the driver has the intention of starti…

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 1k views
    Sierraoscar54
  4. dannyboy123
    Started by dannyboy123,

    You arrested two lads for theft, very compliant, first time offenders. Next day, your off duty in civis walking around town, when you spot these two males and they approach you. What do you do? Or if its happened what did you do? (Apologies its a bit random, thought of it and wondered what people would do?)

      • Like
    • 29 replies
    • 2.1k views
  5. benjihubbs
    Started by benjihubbs,

    Hi Guys, I've got one for those rats amongst us, this is a scenario that I witness yesterday and happened to a friend of mine whilst we were out on a ride. Just wondering who was in the right (pretty sure she was) and any offences which may have been committed. Forum disclaimer is duly noted, and no further action will be being taken on the guy based on what I'm told! There was 3 of us out, rider A (up in front, currently separated from us by a van), rider B (the girl who's lane was hijack, in the middle), rider C (me at the back with rider B directly ahead of me). We were approaching a junction controlled by traffic lights when two lanes split into 3. The lights were…

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 450 views
  6. Cameron
    Started by Cameron,

    I read a newspaper article which made me think. Basically in the article it said that a man had failed to take a drug test in a HMP prison, therefore he got punished with 5 days confinement in his cell by a prison adjudication panel. Apparently this is because the adjudication panel found he had disobeyed a lawful order by a prison officer. This made me wonder what would happen in a private prison as apparently the staff do not have any legal powers. Any ideas?

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 529 views
    Prae1546081277
  7. MrDSP
    Started by MrDSP,

    You’re on foot patrol in the town center and whilst visiting a busy bar you notice the door supervisor on the door is drinking a full pint of Fosters. During your circuit of town when coming back to the same bar the door supervisor is at the bottom of his pint – repeating the process again you can see he’s now on his second pint of Fosters. From off-duty experience you know the door staff in said bar drink (all be it steadily) 5 – 6 pints during the course of a night. The third time you walk past you decide to go over to the door supervisor as he is outside the front of the pub with a pint glass full of alcohol in a designated no alcohol area. As you approach you notice…

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 954 views
  8. OscarWhiskeyEchoNovember
    Started by OscarWhiskeyEchoNovember,

    this just sprang to me but what would you do if someone gave you false details and they came back such as "Wanted for murder" then when you arrest them for it they are adamant that they gave false details?

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 492 views
  9. Guest Critical Incident
    Started by Guest Critical Incident,

    You are called to a domestic where neighbors have heard loud shouting from next door. You arrive at the address and hear 2 males on the top of their voice screaming at each other. As you step through the door (it's open slightly) you hear 'you f*****g ni**a, people like you should die'. You shout 'police, police'. Hearing your shout two IC3 male emerge. Both middle aged, one is dressed in a suit. After further investigation with both males, it appears they know each other. They were in a business partnership together, one is from Africa and one is from Jamaica. They fell out because the African male was continuously using language with racial undertones, on various occas…

      • Like
    • 53 replies
    • 1.4k views
  10. milkandcookies
    Started by milkandcookies +,

    Pulled over a drink driver the other night and their friend was applying to a force as a regular and they were a special with the force I work for. Do we do anything with this information as I wasn't interested in them only my drink driver that blew 54 and getting them conveyed to custody and onto intoximeter and then charged. Passenger had a few drinks to. Will this affect their application?

    • 27 replies
    • 1.2k views
  11. Edward_Strange
    Started by Edward_Strange,

    Hello all, just a scenario I've been bouncing around my head to see what the various 'correct' courses of action might be. I do apologise if I am posting a silly question - I was wondering how you could turn this example into something more productive than an intel report, either on the day or at a later date. Not had much experience in the war on drugs! So... You are pounding the beat one day when you notice a gentleman who walks by you smelling slightly of cannabis. You do a stop search on the gent (who is known but not wanted) but don't find any drugs, however you do find he has two phones - one a smart phone and the other a pay-as-you-go phone. Whilst conducting the …

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 483 views
  12. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    One for the Border folks... Just watching UK Border Force on Pick and they had a bloke on travelling from USA to Africa via Heathrow. He had been rejected a Transit visa for whatever reason so they interviewed him and ultimately rejected his transit for later that day. What I don't understand is why they didn't just escort him to his connection? Why did they return him to USA? Seems like that would have been less effort and there's still no risk of him staying in the uk which is the reason they rejected him...

    • 7 replies
    • 826 views
  13. Webley1545926261
    Started by Webley1545926261,

    After seeing this thread I look through their videos and found this master piece. If this was done near you (on duty) and you did not realise it was a prank: 1) What would your immediate reaction be? 2) If they didn't run (I can imagine idiots like these would), and explained it was a prank, what would your reaction be?

      • Like
    • 35 replies
    • 1.9k views
  14. mancspecial
    Started by mancspecial * ,

    Hi, I was due to report someone for summons in August (for a traffic offience)...long story short I've not been on shift for a few months and have been passed this summons without guidance on it (its the first one I've done). I am a (fairly) new special and have had very little opportunity to work with my mentor - though he is very helpful. I know I should have been more proactive but its been a bad few months - I'm not shirking out of anything and I am aware it is my responsibility However, I have still not reported them. What is likely to happen should I not meet the six month deadline for reporting? Any constructive advice appreciated Thanks

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 1.4k views
  15. Samejandwee
    Started by Samejandwee,

    Your called to a public order incident. You arrive, regular offenders causing a nuisance and shouting/swearing in public. Without going into details, you end up dealing with public order offences and nick one male. His friend persistently tries to record the entire situation on his camera phone but is NOT obstructing police. The arrested male is still shouting and committing public order offences. Any powers to seize friends camera phone?

      • Like
    • 30 replies
    • 1.4k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.