Scenario City
This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!
2301 topics in this forum
-
Hi all, A company owner contacts you to report an untaxed vehicle outside their office and they are wanting to contact the vehicle owner to get it moved as it has not been moved in what he thinks is 'a few months', and he tells you the tax disc is a few months out of date. I would say that disclosing the details of the vehicle owner would be breaching the data protection act would it not? I am still a bit iffy with the data protection act - so I try to disclose as little as possible when talking to the public (obviously never revealing sensitive information), but doesn't someones name / contact details come under that? In this situation would you disclose as little d…
-
Mother and daughter (10 years old) enter a shop. Mother removes a security tag from an electrical item. Child picks up the item and walks out of the shop with it whilst mother stays in store. What would you do?
-
A situation occured pre-attestation when myself and ~10 of my friends were walking down a popular london street and a shifty looking car pulled up next to us offering to sell. IN TERMS OF LAW, IGNORING ALL OFFICER SAFETY BULLCRAP what would be the powers to detain the individual(s) without arresting them until on-duty officers arrived to search/arrest. Would the only option to execute a lawful detention be to arrest? The reason I ask is that you would want something to be done, however I wouldn't fancy all the paperwork accomanying an arrest whilst off-duty. In reality, I'd just call in the car index and location, but it would be nice to know the best legal approach to …
-
Hello rather confused ive tried issuing penalty notice for disorders out for people urinating, in the street but some officers have told me we shouldnt if they are intoxicated, the only other option is arrest but surely there is another way of handaling the situation? please advise thanks.
-
Hi everybody. I was just wondering what a business could do regarding vehicles parked in their private carpark that would block exit from the carpark to any other vehicles. The carpark has a single entry/exit point and four columns of parking bays with a driveway between each pair and a small hatched connecting route between them. If all spaces are full and the next person comes and parks in the hatched area, then another follows and also parks in the hatched area thereby totally blocking any cars beyond the hatch from exiting, would the business have any powers to get the vehicles removed if the owners can't be found?
-
So its a warm summers eve, and you're sitting on a packed tube train. I'm sure many of you have seen a popular video on YouTube titled my tube journey. This is where a fellow passenger is drunk and is shouting some racist remarks at tan other passenger. You are off duty as would be in most of the cases. What is the best option in this situation, should you pull the emergency handle on the train (given its not actually an emergency) or do you try and escort this passenger off the train at the next stop? Remember you cannot call this in because there is no service on the underground.
-
Just a little scenario running through my head that I thought I'd ask.. Person 1 calls the Police saying he's just been bitten on the arm on the street by Person 2, someone he has never met, who has drawn blood.. On arrival Person 1 has a large bite mark with blood seeping out and Person 2 is claiming he didn't mean to do it as he has Tourette Syndrome, he also has a bit of blood on the front of his clothes from we're the blood came off Person 1. Person 1 wants Person 2 arrested and is becoming aggressive and upset by the whole incident.. Person 2 has a card from a medical professional saying he has Tourette Syndrome and bitting objects and people is unfortunately one…
-
Would anyone mind helping me with this query on s1 searches? I know you can search someone in a garden or yard of a dwelling if you don't believe they have permission to be there but what about other private land? If someone is trespassing on say a factory grounds, can you still search under s1 pace even though they're not in a public place? Thanks
-
Interesting video, and by interesting I mean it left me feeling a bit sick:
-
Evening all, I haven't posted on here in a while so I thought I might as well. I've recently started my special training and on day one the trainers told use we can no longer turn a blind eye to crime (not like I do). I've this week come across two really interesting Scenarios while I was on public transport. The first being a male making a spliff on the bus while I was sat behind him and the second being a young female smoking a fag on the bus ... What would you do on both these, Scenarios Especially with the first Scenario I decided to not get involved as i didn't have a warrant card/police powers and I didn't feel comfortable dealing with the situation as it wa…
-
All, Consider please, the following: You and your crewmate see a vehicle driving stupidly down a street. You're about 50 yards behind, but catch up, travelling at speed to do so. You both agree to tug the vehicle, and it stops compliantly. The vehicle is two up, the engine is still running and through the rear window, you see a heated discussion between driver and passenger. You're concious that it seems about you, and you suspect that this vehicle has made off in the past. Do you take the keys?
-
It's your first patrol as a special in a large city on a busy night shift. In a car park you come across two males in a parked car (engine off) merrily smoking cannabis. However, you've been "instructed" not to arrest for simple cannabis possession as it's just too costly and time consuming to deal with and custody is for "serious" offences. What would you do? Disobey your "advice" and arrest for possession (driving while unfit not being made out) or just give words of advice and submit an intel report at the end of the shift?
-
My question is based on something that happened to me this week. A person is taken ill whilst driving, they manage to pull up and attract attention from passers by. I am off duty but there and take over first aid and responsibility for the sick person. After medics arrive and she was put on the ambo, I drove her car to a carpark close by, gave the keys to the medics and informed the manager of McDonald's what had gone on and why the car was there. My question is simple: am I insured to drive a car that's obstructing traffic? In this I know I was as I have a clause in my insurance policy that allows to drive other vehicles but what if I hadn't? Also does this change as …
-
Hi everyone, long time reader, only just signed up to be a special in Lancashire and due my interview in April... I was walking through town the other day and I had noticed that someone had driven through a usually pedestrian only street with an clearly ex- postal van... I mean it had the very old logo on the side and it was rusting up but still clearly said royal mail on the side... the guy inside didnt have anything on to suggest he was a postal worker either, just one of those electronic signature machines I was wondering Is it actually illegal to impersonate a postie? Seemed very suspicious at the time... Thanks!!
-
There has been a hisotry of people making sick comments on Fb and twitter over the last year. just read this; http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2294644/Kate-McCann-Chilling-message-sick-internet-troll-threatening-shoot-Madeleine-McCanns-mother-runs-London-Marathon.html If the comment was made by someone in the UK they could be charged with death threats. But what happens if the comment was made in a country like argentina or kenya. Do they police have any power?