Scenario City
This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!
2301 topics in this forum
-
Martin has a seizure, alone in his house. When he comes round, he calls an ambulance, but cannot get up off the floor. Ambulance arrives, but can't get in to the property. They can see through the window Martin, who is now fitting again. Paramedics request police to help them force entry. They wait 16 minutes for police to arrive with an enforcer. By this time, something has gone horribly wrong and Martin has died. Did the paramedics have a power to force entry in the first instance?
-
Your called to a disturbance, inside a girl tells you that her boyfriend has naked pictures and videos of her which she consented to having taken earlier in the relationship and will post them on social media websites if she leaves him. Sounds like blackmail to me, are their any offences?
-
Hi everyone I was out on shift the other night and a job came through for a noise nuisance at two in the morning, I was told we didnt actually have any powers to stop it other that just asking them to turn the music down however I thought maybe you could class it as a breach of the peace and make them turn it down to prevent a BOP? Thanks for any help
-
Ok. You go to pick up your kids from school and realise that yet again the Crossing Patroller isn't showing up for work. You see endless incidents involving the safety of children crossing the road. You complain to the school and the council. The council don't seem interested as they deem the lollipop lady as a luxury to the school and not a necessity. You see a parent stopping traffic and acting as the crossing patrol. Not ideal! Theoretically, if you had uniform at home, could you put it on and put yourself on duty to carry out the crossing patrol for the half hour after school provided you informed your senior officer of this?
-
Now because most Specials have jobs as well I was wondering. I work in retail. If i was to catch a thief in the act. Would I arrest him or just detain for an on duty Officer? Cheers Chris
-
I was watching The Green Hornet and then I suddenly remembered how in Somerset, there was a guy in the news in 2011 proclaiming to be some sort of ninja who goes out and fights crime. I wondered how many more people were like this. It seems in America there are around 200 self proclaimed superheroes lol. They often hit the streets in small groups to patrol and tackle crime. If you ever met someone like this in the course of duty, how would you react? Are they vigilantes and is are they committing an offence? This particular guy has a foam sword, if he ever hit anyone with it, is it assault? There may be a time when he oversteps the mark by getting too over invol…
-
So after watching Silent Witness last night, a particular scene got me thinking on how I would react if we came across a similar event. First scenario: You arrive on scene, at a restaurant, to find that a gentleman/woman has picked up a knife and has cut their arms in an attempt to kill themselves. You have called for medical assistance but when they arrive, the person will not allow either yourself or the ambulance crew to approach on threats they will stab you. What would you do? Would you wait until shock sets in and attempt to remove the threat and to provide medical assistance? Second scenario: You arrive on scene, at a restaurant, to find someone has been stab…
-
Could someone please give me some clear scenarios where using, causing and permitting applies to driving with no insurance? I think I understand it but some examples I heard where not very clear. Thanks
-
Could someone please give me an example of a scenario when the pipes mnemonic regarding police reporting an accident would be used. I understand the actual mnemonic, but is it when police are involved in an accident, witness an accident or are called to one. Hope that makes sense. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
-
I don't think this is, but it's interesting to see what other people is. Police receive a call from a Father who states his child has not returned home after a night out. The child is aged 16 years. The Father reports the child missing some 16 hours later, when he wakes up. Attempts have been made to find the child, including searching the house, local areas and the friend to who the missing child was with. The friend states the missing child went home at 21:30 hours. The Police spend hours searching for this child, spending money on resources and over-time. The child is then found in the bedroom of her friend, who told Police she went home at 21:30. She was awar…
-
... onto the pavement - or even stop a driver and give them a ticket for throwing a cigarette butt out of the window? Speaking about cars, when I was a kid people tended to use ashtrays in their car and empty it at home. Now I see cigarette butts going flying from windows and all over the pavement.
-
You're on patrol with your crew mate when you are directed to attend a department store on a busy monday afternoon. It has been alleged a male customer, who has a carer, has grabbed a sales assistant around her throat, causing scratches to the skin. He has then taken a hold of the top of the assistant and pulled her for about 1 meter. On arrival the male and his carer are seated in the soft interview room whilst the assistant is being seen to by her colleagues and a first aider. What action are you looking towards?
-
So you're on foot patrol in the town, all the kids are off school. They get ballsy and start throwing snowballs at you. It starts as just one. What would you do? Take it in good spirit? Or is there an offence here? Say you take it in good spirit. They do it again and it gets excessive..What now? Edit - I just found an article relating to it: Would you respond with an arrest?
-
2 Scenarios SCENARIO 1: You are involved in a scuffle, at which point you are unaware that someone is approaching behind you. They attempt to remove an item from your belt, however you feel the attempted lift and turn around to see the person with their hands clearly interfering with items on your belt. SCENARIO 2: Same as above, however they are attempting to remove your ASP, CS, or cuffs.
-
As many areas of the UK are experiencing snow at the moment. I have often seen groups of kids throwing snowballs off a certain motorway bridge onto vehicles. It is dangerous and fairly common that people throw objects like bricks and stones off motorway bridges which is a criminal offence. But what about when snowballs are repeatedly thrown off onto vehicles?