Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scenario City

This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!

  1. adrian.middleton
  2. Chief Bakes
  3. Soap
  4. kenworthy
    Started by kenworthy,
  5. MT1982
    Started by MT1982,

    Hi Guys, very new here hence the question. Say you have requested someone to hand over their drink due to being in a controlled drinking zone. I understand that we have to power to seize the drink off him or her and if they refuse we can give him/her a penalty notice. What would you arrest under if they refuse to provide their details for the penalty notice...IDCOPLAN would be to establish identity but not quite sure what to arrest under... Thanks

    • 9 replies
    • 365 views
  6. IrateShrike
    Started by IrateShrike +,
  7. Cam_Lindley
    Started by Cam_Lindley * ,

    Say I stop a car for a bald tyre, or something that requires the issuing of a VDRS. Now I approach the vehicle and the driver refuses to open the window or the door to allow us to speak and issue the form. What can I, as a constable in full uniform on duty do? I cannot use S18 of PACE as I don't need to arrest the driver so I can't force entry into the premise as defined by S23, but I obviously need to speak to the driver. What's the recommended plan of action? The only thing that comes to mind is obstructing a police officer but would this really qualify as obstruction? Cheers

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 439 views
  8. Tim Clarke
    Started by Tim Clarke,

    I wonder if I could check my understanding please? This I what I think they are but would appreciate any feedback. We have the power to stop a vehicle and to check the driver's documents and it's an offence to either not stop or refuse details. But, this requirement doesn't apply to passengers in the vehicle unless they are suspected of offences, ie arrestable. We don't have the power to remove anyone from the vehicle unless again they are suspected of offences, ie arrestable. so if the driver doesn't want to get out of the car or wind the window all the way down he doesn't have to unless again they are suspected of offences, ie arrestable. What about removal of igni…

    • 5 replies
    • 741 views
  9. DodgeRam
  10. robbo19821546080832
    Started by robbo19821546080832,

    You stop someone for disqualified driving. Do you arrest or report. If arrest what's the necessity for it. I've seen different people do different things and would like to see people's opinions

    • 1 reply
    • 345 views
  11. DodgeRam
  12. cookyy2k
  13. barrym86
  14. HampshireSaint
    Started by HampshireSaint,
  15. Mike Alpha Tango1546082749
    Started by Mike Alpha Tango1546082749,

    Hello Just wanting to get someones take on this please At the local sports centre they have an outdoor astro pitch where people book on for time blocks to play football. The manager brought it to my attention that he is having a big problem with kids from the local area helping them selves to the other half of the pitch that is not in use! The number of youths that attend are in excess of 20+ at any time which can be intimidating for the paying members. Advised by the manager when a member of staff go to move the youths along some go some don't and they are met with abusive language which is not good for the centre as kids football teams train there on a reg basis and…

    • 4 replies
    • 537 views
    HOT FUZZ1546080978 +

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.