Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. Rogue One
    Started by Rogue One,

    Hi all. I'm still waiting on access to the BTP members area so I'll have to post here. Could anyone give me the PAYE number for BTP so I can complete a tax relief form? Thanks in advance. Tom

  2. NPspecial
    Started by NPspecial,

    Just a quick though I just had. Do BTP have lots of marked vans and few marked cars or, like HO forces, have mostly marked cars with a few marked vans?

    • 5 replies
    • 672 views
  3. BCAD
    Started by BCAD,

    BTP opened recruitment in Scotland for student officers

    • 1 reply
    • 632 views
  4. Immortal Technique
    Started by Immortal Technique,

    Hi At training I have heard about 5 different answers for the concessions we may receive as Specials in relation to rail travel (outside of London). Can a serving SPECIAL please clarify this topic. Or redirect me to an old thread ( which I could not find ). Thanks in advance.

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 1.2k views
  5. Londonbased
    Started by Londonbased,

    The BTP are currently recruiting PCSOs in London. It's encouraging to see that PCSOs have a future but when you look at what's happening to them in the Home Office Forces is it likely to be a long term career for any potential applicants?

    • 1 reply
    • 797 views
    SC1171546082842
  6. TCambs
  7. Rogue One
    Started by Rogue One,

    Sorry if this has been discussed before, if so please feel free to delete. What is the training required if you are successful as a Special with IPS joining as a regular? Do you still undertake the full training package or is it a streamlined version? Many thanks.

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 956 views
  8. LPerks
    Started by LPerks,

    Hello, Has anyone got there interview in Feb @ Birmingham?

    • 1 reply
    • 613 views
  9. Jonno
    Started by Jonno,

    I'm a serving Special Sergeant in a H.O. Force, but was wondering if anyone knows when recruitment will open next year? Any whispers? Many thanks Jonno

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  10. TRC
    Started by TRC,

    Hi all, Is anyone on here due to start specials training late November? Had my training dates and contract through today, can't wait to finally start!

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 620 views
    JCH1546082848 *
  11. LPerks
    Started by LPerks,

    Hiya Did anyone apply in December 2014 and have this email in January 2015? would like to congratulate you on being shortlisted for the vacancy of PCSO. Please await further information regarding the interview arrangements via your email. Kind Regards, BTP Recruitment Team Has anyone heard back from or is it a long waiting game?

      • Like
    • 28 replies
    • 2.4k views
  12. PL0D
    Started by PL0D,

    Alright, so I'm keen on applying for the British Transport Police soon and would want further information on the closest station (police) near me. I know there's BTP presence in some of my local train stations as I've met some from my neighbourhood policing team. What I can't seem to figure out though is where the officers are located from. I asked a Special Constable who told me to look at the BTP website and find out via the "Local BTP Teams" and "Contact us" options. Still not a lot. Most of the police stations are located relatively far from me (Hampton) and so I started to wonder, do some BTP officers use MPS stations, So it would be shared between them? I've most l…

    • 10 replies
    • 947 views
  13. Steve
    Started by Steve +,
  14. Jmttdr

    Afternoon all, One if these things that I cannot seem to get a clear cut answer for (Or im searching the wrong thing!). I am potentially going to join the BTP soon.I live in zone 2 in London and will be joining B-division to work (London Underground). I know the job includes both London allowance and Weighting. The problem is I am renting at the moment, and will be looking to buy at some point in the future, My question is, If I do not live in London (say move to Essex) do I still qualify for weighting and the allowance as I work in London (This is what I think the case is). Hopefully somebody will know the exact perimeters to qualify …

  15. impostor1981
    Started by impostor1981,

    Hi all, Has anyone attended AC on 17/18 October? I had mine on the 17th and passed it. Just thought I could start this topic to share any updates to recruitment status. Has anyone heard back?? I had conditional offer emailed to me and now just waiting game started.

    • 0 replies
    • 523 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.