Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. LP15
    Started by LP15 * ,

    Hi guys and gals, Was wondering if there was anyone else out there who is starting their DDO training on Monday 27th April, as it would be nice to see if anyone else on here and get to know a few people. Also any serving BTP DDO's that can give me any tips on what to expect on the DDO training course and what its like ? All I know is I am going to be based on the LUL side of BTP but havent been given a stration yet.

    • 0 replies
    • 669 views
  2. radiotim
    Started by radiotim,
  3. Lego
  4. TheRailwayKnight
    Started by TheRailwayKnight,

    I applied on the 23/02/2015, for weeks now my application status has been 'Under review' today it changed to 'Application Received' I'm assuming this means I'm now been looked at by the BTP themselves and not the external HR company they use. would be great if anyone else going for the same role could share their experiences.

    • 6 replies
    • 638 views
  5. william89
    Started by william89,

    Hi I'm currently going through the final stages of my PC application for BTP, having passed the initial paper sift and assessment. Perhaps understandably I'm starting to worry about 'what if' scenarios and was wondering how much living in various house shares while at university could impact the vetting procedure. One of these was a large house share with five other people in residence at any one time, with their partners frequently staying over as well. Without wishing to cast unfair aspersions on people's character, some other occupants gave the impression of being potentially less than squeaky clean, and given that some were just members of the public rather than st…

    • 7 replies
    • 538 views
  6. Kirsten951546082833
    Started by Kirsten951546082833,

    Hi, Don't know if anyone will be able to help, I'm starting as a regular in central London on 5th May and I'll be moving from South so am looking for some accommodation & have been reccomended the Northwick Park accommodation, does anybody have any experience at Northwick or could tell me if it's decent or anything like that? Thanks!

    • 2 replies
    • 565 views
    Kirsten951546082833
  7. Big Bertha
    Started by Big Bertha,
  8. Chief Cheetah
    Started by Chief Cheetah,
    • 0 replies
    • 564 views
    Chief Cheetah
  9. Radman
    Started by Radman +,
  10. RYblue
    Started by RYblue * ,

    Hi guys can you give me an idea of what it is like to be in the BTP, promotion aspects, training and working with home office forces especially around London. I ask this as the BTP are recruiting student officers and with the current ruling in the MET that you cannot go full time unless you live in London rules me out, not only that but I know that there will be cuts coming with in the next few months. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.

    • 1 reply
    • 634 views
  11. MrMoo
    Started by MrMoo,
  12. The Warrior
    Started by The Warrior,

    Is the pc assessment centre any different to the sc assessment centre for the btp ?

    • 0 replies
    • 315 views
  13. Anthonyyy
    Started by Anthonyyy,

    Hi, Is anyone waiting on vetting to start and know any details of intakes happening? I got an email saying I am waiting still on vetting which means I can't make the April intake

    • 2 replies
    • 621 views
  14. rail_cop
    Started by rail_cop,
    Police Constable 1 +
  15. MindTheGap
    Started by MindTheGap +,

    Just for anyone interested, we are recruiting student officers https://btp.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/channel-1/appcentre-3/brand-3/xf-da0b1c35f881/candidate/so/pm/6/pl/1/opp/1153-Student-Officer-August-2014/en-GB Internal special/PCSO applicants must apply to the internal one using your work email etc

      • Like
    • 205 replies
    • 14.5k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.